Page 85 of 473 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was very explicitly a showcase for her.
    You’re being too rational and positive!

Also, this piece by Ricardo Drummond is gorgeous:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Chile, bye!

The ratio though 👇🏻…

Ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was very explicitly a showcase for her.
    I will take your word for it. I do remember thinking Giantess Jean was a fun moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't know why yall take that issue so seriously. It was a meaningless one-shot with a villain the average X-Men fan doesn't know at all. I figure if that was supposed to be some major display of power it would have been more explicit in pointing that out.

LOL

I can only imagine the rage if Jean Grey dared to have "the alphabet implies there are only 26 plans" number of options to win every situation. Puhlease. lmao
    It’s not a meaningless one shot. The fact she took down an upper level demon while mutants have been much more connected to magic and cosmic stuff is very significant. She is prominently featured in Judgment Day as well, the upcoming war with the Eternals and with her new costume. I liked the issue.

I mean you can hate whatever you like, but be aware that the rest of us don’t have to join you in unhappiness.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s not a meaningless one shot. The fact she took down an upper level demon while mutants have been much more connected to magic and cosmic stuff is very significant. She is prominently featured in Judgment Day as well, the upcoming war with the Eternals and with her new costume. I liked the issue.

I mean you can hate whatever you like, but be aware that the rest of us don’t have to join you in unhappiness.
    Who isn't much of a threat outside of his realm...

Not saying it's nothing.

Just that there is a serious "Hey, you might want to wait a minute..." built into said "Upper Level..."

BANNED

Jean Grey: Demon Slayer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Not saying it's nothing.

Just that there is a serious "Hey, you might want to wait a minute..." built into said "Upper Level..."
    He has very much a threat outside his own realm. It’s just that the sorcerer supreme usually stops him. This time Strange was dead and Nightmare attacked.

And yes, he is an upper level demon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Not saying it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    He has very much a threat outside his own realm. It’s just that the sorcerer supreme usually stops him. This time Strange was dead and Nightmare attacked.

And yes, he is an upper level demon.
    Seconding this, Nightmare is absolutely a threat even outside his realm and Jean isn't taking him on the way she did w/out a F ton of PIS

Doctor Strange 2 trailer dropped. Patrick Stewart’s voice is heard. Also: Streets saying this is Jean and Wanda fighting:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

👀

That's Monica. Sadly.

Yeah, that was confirmed somewhere to be a variant Monica. Doesn't rule out any redhead that could show up in the movie potentially.

BANNED

I believe the set of rumors that purported to have concept art of Prof X also mentioned Jean, but Monica Rambeau in the trailer looks more like Johnny Storm lit up than anything else lol

I believe the set of rumors that purported to have concept art of Prof X also mentioned Jean, but Monica Rambeau in the trailer looks more like Johnny Storm lit up than anything else lol
    With so much that MCU Wanda borrows from Jean, I hope his line is a comparison joke of some sort.

Yeah, I thought so as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Chiiile...

Please don't! It doesn't even make sense! 😭😭😭😭😭