Page 96 of 473 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Those designs are amazing. I really hope you get a job at Marvel and get to implement these designs.

It’s nice to see someone create instead of moan and whine. Lol
    Thanks, WS! I’m glad you like them! Now, I took GS’s last idea and incorporated her original take!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People have wanted them back for decades. I dont know anyone that actually loved Black Vortex and wanted it back in the books. It was the worst crossover that Bendis did and there was literally nothing good that came out of it. Destiny and Moira have cemented their place in X-men lore in a way that the Black Vortex didnt. Its best left forgotten and I dont see anyone including writers wanting to touch that hot pile of trash
    I have not seen anyone want either one back. Both came back because Hickman had use for them. Not because of popular demand.

Ditto Madelyne Pryor.

Being that the Phoenix force is now something you don’t even have to be a mutant to get, it’s just a random power up like the Black Vortex and it looks like Echo is keeping it permanently. Obviously lots of people here I’m mixing myself weren’t thrilled, but that’s the road Marvel has decided to take.

I wonder will Echo get the Phoenix in her TV show?

The point is writers don’t ask fans for permission when they come up with major ideas. If a writer wants to make Jean cosmic officially without the force, it will happen whether it’s the Black Vortex or simply an evolution of her powers.

Although Jean is unfortunately not part of Marauders and Cassandra Nova's new arc, she is at least fully recognized by the author:

"But as far as Cassandra herself goes, you'll see what she's been up to in our first issue. From a creative sense, Cassandra is someone who blows up every scene she's in. She calls bullshit where she sees it because her power level means she has no need to play by anyone's rules except hers...or so she thinks. In her last appearance, we left Cassandra in tears after an emergency injection of compassion by Jean Grey. She's come a long way since then, but the question remains: does even Cassandra know how deeply she was affected by one of Krakoa's most iconic telepaths?"

https://screenrant.com/cassandra-nov...auders-return/

Hopefully at one point we will see an interaction between Cassandra and Jean in the future. Because giving Cassandra Nova empathy was and eliminating her as a threat of mutantkind, was probably one of the most important victories of Jean's recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Although Jean is unfortunately not part of Marauders and Cassandra Nova's new arc, she is at least fully recognized by the author:

"But as far as Cassandra herself goes, you'll see what she's been up to in our first issue. From a creative sense, Cassandra is someone who blows up every scene she's in. She calls bullshit where she sees it because her power level means she has no need to play by anyone's rules except hers...or so she thinks. In her last appearance, we left Cassandra in tears after an emergency injection of compassion by Jean Grey. She's come a long way since then, but the question remains: does even Cassandra know how deeply she was affected by one of Krakoa's most iconic telepaths?"

https://screenrant.com/cassandra-nov...auders-return/

Hopefully at one point we will see an interaction between Cassandra and Jean in the future. Because giving Cassandra Nova empathy was and eliminating her as a threat of mutantkind, was probably one of the most important victories of Jean's recent past.
    The only thing I'm interested in in this comic is to see her possible interaction with Jean. And in the end she has a plan to kill Jean, that would be great. This art doesn't match Cassandra's seriousness at all.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

@Mercury: I went back to the originals and edited them, keeping your concept in mind.

Without the tiara. With and without the phoenix symbol on the chest cutout.

Note: I kept the boots with the yellow/gold soles because it was in your design too.

I love how this one costume has so many unique variant looks with just some tweeks here-and-there!

I am enjoying watching both of your designs!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    @Mercury: I went back to the originals and edited them, keeping your concept in mind.

Without the tiara. With and without the phoenix symbol on the chest cutout.

Note: I kept the boots with the yellow/gold soles because it was in your design too.
    This is stunning work! I just tweeted it out and gave you credit. I really love these! You did a fabulous job with the fine touches. And she looks so much better with no tiara.

One request: Can you post my concept without the tiara and your shading? One with the gold “X” and one without, i.e., just plain. Thanks! 🙏🏼
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love how this one costume has so many unique variant looks with just some tweeks here-and-there!

I am enjoying watching both of your designs!
    It’s a gorgeous silhouette. It’s funny because months before he released his design, we were emailing back and forth (this was before I even created a Jean Twitter account) and chatting about her costumes, and Dauterman asked me what my favorites were. Immediately, I spotlighted Portacio’s design as an underrated look that I wish she had sported longer. I remember his reply was something to the effect of, “You’re giving me ideas…” And I was like, “WHAT is it? 😭” but he replied just with an angel emoji, and I didn’t want to pry or insist.

The point is, it’s all in that amazing silhouette!
    Last edited by Mercury; 02-26-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It’s a gorgeous silhouette. It’s funny because months before he released his design, Dauterman were emailing back and forth (this was before I even created a Jean Twitter account) and chatting about her costumes, and Dauterman asked me what my favorites were. Immediately, I spotlighted Portacio’s design as an underrated look that I wish had sported longer. I remember his reply was something to the effect of, “You’re giving me ideas…” And I was like, “WHAT is it? ��” but he replied just with an angel emoji, and I didn’t want to pry or insist.

The point is, it’s all in that amazing silhouette!
    Yes! You were his angel that inspired his idea!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yes! You were his angel that inspired his idea!
    Nah, I just made he remember what he already loved!

I couldn’t wait! 😂

I couldn’t wait! ��

Haha, I know you are having fun.

Now hows about a tiny golden Phoenix on Jean's forehead with just the tinies of straps?

Haha, I know you are having fun.

Now hows about a tiny golden Phoenix on Jean's forehead with just the tinies of straps?
    I swear, you are too cute! 😂❤️ It’ll take some work because I’m working with my index finger, but I’ll give it a try. Hopefully, Grinning Soul will give it a shot.

I pictured a very slim golden tiara with a Phoenix emblem in the center.

I swear, you are too cute! ��❤️ It’ll take some work because I’m working with my index finger, but I’ll give it a try. Hopefully, Grinning Soul will give it a shot.

I pictured a very slim golden tiara with a Phoenix emblem in the center.
    Yes, that sounds terrific!

Would like to see both of your takes on it.

Sorry to make you work so hard on this, but you do a nice job for only using a finger!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Fiddling around with Dauterman’s design for Jean has become my witching hour Wordle. Forgive the imperfections, but you get the idea. I want this 👇🏻

This is Fabulush!
    LOVELOVELOVE the open back. Why must Storm be the only one to rock the cut-out look?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!