Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

I really loved the show! She’s such an amazing character!!! I want to see all her fashions be displayed on this show!

Great first episode to the She-Hulk show. I was entertained the whole way and will probably watch it again later tonight. I can't believe I got to wait a whole week for the next episode.

spoilers:
    The ending with Captain America F... was so funny. It reminded me of the ending of Spider-Man Homecoming with Aunt May haha!
    end of spoilers

A few more detailed thoughts:

spoilers:
    Tatiana Maslany is perfect casting for Jen. She also fills a role not found at all in the MCU (which is shocking since there's been so many movies/TV shows at this point): a funny and lighthearted adult female leading character. The writing also completely captures Jen's voice.

I'm mixed on the origin. On one hand, it's essentially just the "blood transfusion" plot from the comics. On the other, being gunned down by thugs hired by a mob boss who has ties to her family is more exciting. I think it's fine, even if it was a bit rushed.

The CGI is so much better than I was fearing. Both Hulk and She-Hulk look great.

Hulk mentions Jen's parents, meaning either her mother Elaine is still alive in this continuity, or Morris remarried at some point. Could this mean that Weezi is her stepmom? Either way, Morris is such an essential part of Jen's life that I hope we see him in some capacity in the show.

I wish they referred to Dennis as "Buck" to acknowledge the character from the comics. He's still a tool which is great.

Titania's outfit is still really bad. I kind of wish they went with Ultima or a completely unrelated character because while comic Titania is definitely a loser, I think making a complete joke out of her is a waste of She-Hulk's most prominent arch-foe.

Something that annoys me about the fan response to the show is that everyone is so focused on Hulk's portrayal, or wanting Daredevil, or seeing Abomination/Wong. But She-Hulk has always had her own corner of the Marvel Universe and deserves more of the focus than she's getting.
    end of spoilers

Also, very annoying that her Audience score on RT is being bombarded by anti-feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

spoilers:
    Tatiana Maslany is perfect casting for Jen. She also fills a role not found at all in the MCU (which is shocking since there's been so many movies/TV shows at this point): a funny and lighthearted adult female leading character. The writing also completely captures Jen's voice.

I'm mixed on the origin. On one hand, it's essentially just the "blood transfusion" plot from the comics. On the other, being gunned down by thugs hired by a mob boss who has ties to her family is more exciting. I think it's fine, even if it was a bit rushed.

The CGI is so much better than I was fearing. Both Hulk and She-Hulk look great.

Hulk mentions Jen's parents, meaning either her mother Elaine is still alive in this continuity, or Morris remarried at some point. Could this mean that Weezi is her stepmom? Either way, Morris is such an essential part of Jen's life that I hope we see him in some capacity in the show.

I wish they referred to Dennis as "Buck" to acknowledge the character from the comics. He's still a tool which is great.

Titania's outfit is still really bad. I kind of wish they went with Ultima or a completely unrelated character because while comic Titania is definitely a loser, I think making a complete joke out of her is a waste of She-Hulk's most prominent arch-foe.

Something that annoys me about the fan response to the show is that everyone is so focused on Hulk's portrayal, or wanting Daredevil, or seeing Abomination/Wong. But She-Hulk has always had her own corner of the Marvel Universe and deserves more of the focus than she's getting.
    end of spoilers

Also, very annoying that her Audience score on RT is being bombarded by anti-feminists.
    spoilers:
    I really enjoyed the writing for Jen/She-Hulk as well. I know they changed her origins with the mob boss with the Sakaar ship, but I assume that's setting something up for Bruce/Hulk in the future. I loved the first episode but I agree about Titania. I was surprised she appeared at the end and was quickly defeated by She-Hulk with little to no effort. I would have thought they'd give her her own episode to fight with She-Hulk. And that sucks about RT being review bombed. I heard about that on Youtube this morning.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I'm someone who right wing. I think there is a group on this side that just wants to hate anything that look at things that without giving it a fair shot. I do. Maybe a few cringe lines but episode was overall really good and funny. Life to short let yourself be bothered by little things. If you do then you will never allow yourself to enjoy anything. No matter what party you are in.

spoilers:
    Also I have feeling that we will see Titania again
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I'm someone who right wing. I think there is a group on this side that just wants to hate anything that look at things that without giving it a fair shot. I do. Maybe a few cringe lines but episode was overall really good and funny. Life to short let yourself be bothered by little things. If you do then you will never allow yourself to enjoy anything. No matter what party you are in.

spoilers:
    Also I have feeling that we will see Titania again
    end of spoilers
    Go woke go broke crowd strikes again.

Mighty Member

Loved the premiere episode. I liked the orgin change in how Jen gets Bruce's blood.

spoilers:
    I think Titania is probably going to get a power boost at some point.
    end of spoilers

She-Hulk is a very "mid" show. It has some good points and bad points.

Changing the origin actually works in the context of the Hulk part of the MCU, as we saw Samuel Sterns begin his mutation into The Leader in The Incredible Hulk. So the basis for what happened to Jen is right there in the MCU.

As for other things that happened... Well, it's all hit and misses, and that is on the shoulder of the very aggressive and very outspoken head writer of the show who has already taken shots at people who have any problem (No matter how valid those problems may be) by calling them "Toxic white males in their 30s" and doing all the usual "group-think" media spin BS that a lot of mainstream sites and outlets do when something like She-Hulk comes out (See Captain Marvel, Netflix She-Ra, Black Widow, etc).

Yes, some things in the show are cringe (A lot of the lines Jen/She-Hulk delivers, the way Bruce is treated as someone who is "mansplaining" when he is coming from a place of experience, Jen's 100% perfection of everything Hulk in under 30 seconds) but again, it's the writers. Tatiana does a GREAT job in both main roles and fits right into the MCU easily.

From the previews, I got a very Dan Slott 2004 She-Hulk vibe from the show... Sadly after hearing interviews with the head writer saying that they quickly realized they can't write a lawyer show (Source), so we're getting the usual modern generic "Women empowerment show" that we've seen in just about every recent phase 3/4 Marvel character adaptation (Black Widow, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel) where the character has very little problem with their struggles, but keeps saying how bad they have things, but will excel at everything and every male is some form of sexist, misogynistic, ******* or dumbass to make the whole gender look like users and abusers.

spoilers:
    As for Titania, she was wasted in this opening episode. But luckily no one outside knowledgeable fans knew who she was. Maybe next episode we'll get some context for her in the show
    end of spoilers

And no, it's not "review bombing", it's an alternate opinion. Just because others' opinions (much like you'll treat mine) do not fall into YOUR PERSONAL view on something, it doesn't make it "wrong" or "ill-intended". It's just different, and we're allowed to have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    And no, it's not "review bombing", it's an alternate opinion. Just because others' opinions (much like you'll treat mine) do not fall into YOUR PERSONAL view on something, it doesn't make it "wrong" or "ill-intended". It's just different, and we're allowed to have different opinions.
    One day before the first episode aired more than thousand users had already given the show a 1 star rating on imdb, that's a textbook example for review bombing. To claim that review bombing isn't a thing with female-led content clearly shows ignorance on one's part.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

If it hadn't even aired yet then those reviews are fake. How can you form an opinion of something you haven't watched? They shouldn't allow fan reviews to be posted before the TV show episode or movie is released.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    She-Hulk is a very "mid" show. It has some good points and bad points.

Changing the origin actually works in the context of the Hulk part of the MCU, as we saw Samuel Sterns begin his mutation into The Leader in The Incredible Hulk. So the basis for what happened to Jen is right there in the MCU.

As for other things that happened... Well, it's all hit and misses, and that is on the shoulder of the very aggressive and very outspoken head writer of the show who has already taken shots at people who have any problem (No matter how valid those problems may be) by calling them "Toxic white males in their 30s" and doing all the usual "group-think" media spin BS that a lot of mainstream sites and outlets do when something like She-Hulk comes out (See Captain Marvel, Netflix She-Ra, Black Widow, etc).

Yes, some things in the show are cringe (A lot of the lines Jen/She-Hulk delivers, the way Bruce is treated as someone who is "mansplaining" when he is coming from a place of experience, Jen's 100% perfection of everything Hulk in under 30 seconds) but again, it's the writers. Tatiana does a GREAT job in both main roles and fits right into the MCU easily.

From the previews, I got a very Dan Slott 2004 She-Hulk vibe from the show... Sadly after hearing interviews with the head writer saying that they quickly realized they can't write a lawyer show (Source), so we're getting the usual modern generic "Women empowerment show" that we've seen in just about every recent phase 3/4 Marvel character adaptation (Black Widow, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel) where the character has very little problem with their struggles, but keeps saying how bad they have things, but will excel at everything and every male is some form of sexist, misogynistic, ******* or dumbass to make the whole gender look like users and abusers.

spoilers:
    As for Titania, she was wasted in this opening episode. But luckily no one outside knowledgeable fans knew who she was. Maybe next episode we'll get some context for her in the show
    end of spoilers

https://twitter.com/FandomMenaceLs/s...xbC0CGw8Q&s=19 Go Woke yada yada yada. I knew the culture war would affect this show.

Extraordinary Member

Update
    SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW 86% Avg rating 7.25/10
    Audience Score 65 or
    64% Avg rating 3.5 if you go to season 1 part of she hulk

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    She-Hulk Gets Review Bombed Before Release

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...-critics-fans/
    By the way other sites were/are being reviewed bomb as well like RT etc..

The She-Hulk Review Debacle Just Keeps Getting Weirder
    Disney and Marvel's latest television series knows a thing or two about rules and getting angry, but that is probably on account of the main character being both a Hulk and a lawyer. Skilled in both respective aspects of her life, Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany) is the cousin of Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), who, for the uninitiated, is better known as the Hulk. Although Jennifer wants to focus on her career and paying off her student debt, she is instead forced into fights that she wants no part of, but as Bruce tells her, being a Hulk puts a target on her back.

Speaking of having a target on your back, Marvel is no neophyte when it comes to a polarizing response to its properties. According to Inverse, Rotten Tomatoes had to remove toxic reviews from the movie "Captain Marvel" due to a brigade effort to review bomb the film. Likewise, "Ms. Marvel" shared a similar fate, and "Ms. Marvel" star Iman Vellani responded to NME about these reoccurring efforts by saying, "It's honestly quite laughable and I think change is scary for a lot of people. And having a show that surrounds a 16-year-old girl who's Pakistani and Muslim and a superhero is scary for a lot of people. I think this is just gonna rip the Band Aid off and hopefully people will fall in love with her." However, it seems this tired story is getting another spin with "She-Hulk: Attorney at Law," but what is exactly happening?

Users are both review bombing and propping She-Hulk up on IMDd

Considering the systematic attacks on Marvel television shows and movies, it should come as no real surprise that "She-Hulk: Attorney at Law" is under barrage. This time though, instead of an army of internet denizens engaging in armchair assassinations of user-submitted scores, it appears as if there are now two camps attempting to manipulate scores. On one end of the spectrum, we have several people doing their best to bring down a score, and in response, a group of people has also taken it on themselves to prop a score up. This has led to some rather interesting results, with IMDb being a perfect example.

Taking a look at the IMDb user scores for "She-Hulk," one can notice what can only be described as an inverted bell curve. As of this writing, there are just shy of 19,000 user submissions, but instead of a nice run of different opinions, it looks like there are two extremely different camps of thought when it comes to the show. Of those 19,000 votes, there are 6,374 submissions that say "She-Hulk" is a perfect 10, while on the flip side of that, there are 5,429 that say the show is a one out of 10. These two scores constitute 62% of the total vote, which results in "She-Hulk" having an average score of 5.9, but this score is a balance between two extremes.

The IMDb user reviews highlight a disconnect between fans

The IMDb user reviews help to illuminate why there is such a disconnect between fans. IMDB user goldstone-77 said of their one-star review, "Probably the worst MCU show to date, and that's saying something. She is obnoxious. Too much feminism, way to alienate a large portion of your potential audience. The premise of the blood falling on her arm and turning her was simplistic and unimaginative." On the flip side of that coin, user noahbmayfield reviewed "She-Hulk" positively and stated, "[Let's] get one thing out of the way: There are a million reviews on here detailing the infuriating review bombing from the ever-misogynistic Marvel fandom, so I don't think we need one more. But, while I do want to keep this as an honest review rather than a retaliation, I will say that, yes, I'm just as annoyed and disappointed as you that this kind of review bombing is still going on."

However, IMDb isn't the only place this stratification is happening, but it is the most pronounced. As mentioned earlier, Rotten Tomatoes had taken steps to remove toxic reviews from "Captain Marvel," but it seems as if there is still some of that going on with "She-Hulk," as the show has a Rotten Tomatoes critic score of 86%, while the audience score is 66%. This isn't a huge discrepancy, but the user reviews echo the similar sentiments of the IMDb reviews.

Rotten Tomatoes and Reddit reviews are just as diverse

In their Rotten Tomatoes review, user Jay E gave "She-Hulk" a half a star out of five, and said, "This show [really] has no direction... pretty disappointed tbh. I guess the MCU is trying to cater to 30 year old family-less women who may see past the cringy writing, bad cgi, and poor direction." Again, to illustrate the absolute division of fans, user Troy W stated, "I can't believe I am pulling this card but, the negative reviewers obviously have never read the Dan Slot (which is the same sense this show is based on) run of She-Hulk. Their heads are really going to explode when she starts sleeping with who she damn well pleases. She-Hulk is in control of herself more than Hulk, even her 'Savage' form is more in control. Why? Because she is female. It is, and always has been that way in the comics."

Reddit is also a place where the proverbial battle lines are being drawn for "She-Hulk," with u/rowdy_nik saying that they didn't think Marvel shows could get worse after "Ms. Marvel," and complained about Disney pushing propaganda and ruining legacy heroes. U/LooseSeal88 absolutely adored "She-Hulk," and said that the character has quickly become one of their favorites. They then questioned if the people with negative comments even watched the same show. U/annoyingrelative probably said it best when it comes to the varying opinions surrounding "She-Hulk," and they noted that the show, which they consider fun, won't exactly be everybody's cup of tea. In summation and considering the varying comments surrounding the series, it seems as if the polarizing reviews of "She-Hulk" are yet another result of opposing cultural views, and "She-Hulk" is simply another battleground.

https://www.looper.com/972155/the-sh..._campaign=clip

‘She-Hulk’ Is Getting Review-Bombed Even Harder Than ‘Ms. Marvel’

Yes, more than a third of all reviews for She-Hulk are 1 star, which makes its current IMDB score 5.4 out of 10, the lowest of all the MCU series. Ms. Marvel is still at a 6.2 with 19.9% 1 star reviews, so it’s not like IMDB every really goes and tries to sort through these kinds of bombing campaigns. And as I posted last time, here’s what this curve looks like for a “just okay” series like Falcon and the Winter Soldier that no one is bombing:

On Rotten Tomatoes it’s less severe. She-Hulk has a 90% critic score with 255 reviews in and 77% audience score, which isn’t great (it’s the lowest among MCU shows at the moment), but it’s not as intensive of a bombing run as what’s being shown on IMDB.

All anyone has is their opinion, of course, but there’s a difference between a show or movie reviewing worse than average, and a literal flood of one star reviews that are incredibly disproportionate compared to every other show except for Ms. Marvel.

After having watched the first episode this morning, I’d say the complaints about CG are mostly moot now, as things look a lot better in the live show than they did in the trailers. I also thought the comedy and fourth wall-breaking worked, but I’m certainly curious to see more and how the show develops now that Jennifer is back in lawyer mode.

So yes, as ever, this kind of review bombing is incredibly childish and stupid. She-Hulk may not end up being the greatest MCU series ever, sure, but what’s happening here is not reflective of its quality whatsoever, and is yet another embarrassing comic book media fandom moment.
    To read more go here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...han-ms-marvel/

Note- A 77%RT score and average score 3.8/5 score are great scores.
    RT SCORES
    75%- /10 to 84% is great/4 stars

Average ratings
    3.8/4.2- 4 stars(great)

But now on RT the audinence score went down and down because of more review bombing.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-21-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Update
    SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW 86% Avg rating 7.25/10
    Audience Score 65 or
    64% Avg rating 3.5 if you go to season 1 part of she hulk

By the way other sites were/are being reviewed bomb as well like RT etc..

The She-Hulk Review Debacle Just Keeps Getting Weirder

https://www.looper.com/972155/the-sh..._campaign=clip

‘She-Hulk’ Is Getting Review-Bombed Even Harder Than ‘Ms. Marvel’

To read more go here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...han-ms-marvel/

Note- A 77%RT score and average score 3.8/5 score are great scores.
    RT SCORES
    75%- /10 to 84% is great/4 stars

Average ratings
    3.8/4.2- 4 stars(great)

But now on RT the audinence score went down and down because of more review bombing.
    This entire thing is fucking ridiculous.

Goddamn chodes ruining it for everyone.

I loved it. Can’t believe we have a She-Hulk tv series….if ya woulda told 9 year old me as he read her debut I wouldn’t have believed you.
    Loved it and can’t wait for next Thursday!