Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1146

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, with all the fuss about a character no one really seemed to talk much about prior to the show I'm just surprised by the sudden and seemingly out of no where outrage.
    HAHAAHAHAH... you don't really get how side-character fandoms work do you? People KNOW the character isn't the star of the show. this is just accepted as inevitable. Which also means not whining about it when the character doesn't get used for an entire year... and stuff like that. It's not the same as ignoring the character's existence.

considering that the character has gone as meta as you possibly can, going into the "real world" meeting marvel studios staff, meeting "k.e.v.i.n", poking a hole in the Disney+ app interface, arbitrarily remixing the climax of the story, etc.. where can they really go in a sequel based story? is the solution to every season going to be to break the 4th, 5th, 6th walls? a greater "influence" beyond k.e.v.i.n.?

I'd rather see straightforward adventures with a comedic twist from now on.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-04-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    considering that the character has gone as meta as you possibly can, going into the "real world" meeting marvel studios staff, meeting "k.e.v.i.n", poking a hole in the Disney+ app interface, arbitrarily remixing the climax of the story, etc.. where can they really go in a sequel based story? is the solution to every season going to be to break the 4th, 5th, 6th walls? a greater "influence" beyond k.e.v.i.n.?

Yeah this... they didn't really spend a lot of time work... in-universe... to build a foundation you could make sequels on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

You are correct and I agree.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I mean, with all the fuss about a character no one really seemed to talk much about prior to the show I'm just surprised by the sudden and seemingly out of no where outrage.
    Simple, when a villain is announced and I have no familiarity to them I look them up a little to understand their general deal, I find them interesting, and look forward to how they'll be adapted.

Thats the fun part about these films/shows. Take a character you haven't thought of much before so you research them and wind up finding elements that sound interesting to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Simple, when a villain is announced and I have no familiarity to them I look them up a little to understand their general deal, I find them interesting, and look forward to how they'll be adapted.

Thats the fun part about these films/shows. Take a character you haven't thought of much before so you research them and wind up finding elements that sound interesting to you.
    I wish it felt like the writers did more research into characters they introduce in adaptions. Sometimes it feels like they just look at cliff notes or a picture and just do the bare minimum.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish it felt like the writers did more research into characters they introduce in adaptions. Sometimes it feels like they just look at cliff notes or a picture and just do the bare minimum.
    So true. Writers always like to recycle ideas of the previous writer without doing their own research. With She-Hulk, some of the writer like to run with what John Bryne or Dan Slott previously did to the series.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Hot Toys She-Hulk figure revealed.

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDe...productID=1172

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    HAHAAHAHAH... you don't really get how side-character fandoms work do you? People KNOW the character isn't the star of the show. this is just accepted as inevitable. Which also means not whining about it when the character doesn't get used for an entire year... and stuff like that. It's not the same as ignoring the character's existence.
    She has a fandom? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Sure, that's one way to approach it. And I did exactly that, tbh. But I also found the show entertaining enough and their interpretation of the character entertaining enough that it really didn't bother me in the least that the MCU's version wasn't a carbon copy.

Maybe they did and the comic book version just didn't fit into what they had in mind for the show, which seemed to do just fine without an exact duplication, tbh.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 12-07-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Maybe they did and the comic book version just didn't fit into what they had in mind for the show, which seemed to do just fine without an exact duplication, tbh.
    If they'd left out her name... she'd have been unrecognizable. didn't look or act the same... just.. a random woman who antagonizes She-Hulk.

She has a fandom? lol
    Absorbing Man probably has fans too.
    Hard to gauge, but my first instinct is to assume they might not have. But I thought it would have been better for Titania's character if they did.

Extraordinary Member

Hard to gauge, but my first instinct is to assume they might not have. But I thought it would have been better for Titania's character if they did.
    For the character it's hard to tell since we didn't see it. For the show, though, she was exactly who she needed to be.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 12-07-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

For the character it's hard to tell since we didn't see it. For the show, though, she was exactly who she needed to be.
    Well, when you use the character in the show, I feel it's worth discussing.

Extraordinary Member

Well, when you use the character in the show, I feel it's worth discussing.
    Sure. I can agree with that. At the same time, though, at some point it may be worth acknowledging that comics and tv/movies are completely different mediums with completely different needs/approaches. Sometimes they align, but other times they don't.

Sure. I can agree with that. At the same time, though, at some point it may be worth acknowledging that comics and tv/movies are completely different mediums with completely different needs/approaches. Sometimes they align, but other times they don't.
    I mean, yeah, but I think that gets into what one expects from adapting a character.