Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the kind of character development I can get behind .
    so how did Jack of Hearts un-die from that Geoff Johns blowing-up story that was done years ago?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how did Jack of Hearts un-die from that Geoff Johns blowing-up story that was done years ago?
    He explained it to Jen in the earlier issues, at least as far as he can recall.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The way I heard it in She-Hulk, Jack of Hearts somehow survived because he stole the tarts, whatever that means. I'm joking of course.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Glad they put her with Jack of Hearts in the current run. It’s a nice change of pace from the big, meathead men they put her with a lot of the times. It’s sweet. Hell, she took Jack’s virginity too.
    She didn't take his virginity. He had a lover back in his original miniseries back in the 80s. Jen is the first woman he's been with in a long time though, as far as we know (although he HAS had one or two love interests in the meantime).

The issue did make a mistake though with Jen asking if he really never took the suit off, and him saying he never did. Back when Jack was an active Avenger they had his room set up that he could have his suit off in there AND they were giving him treatments that he could take the suit off for about 24 hours at a time. We saw Jack go out in civilian clothes with Triathlon, Vision and Carol Danvers...and Jen was an active Avenger with him around that same time.

Given that Jack's still a bit fuzzy in the head, we can excuse him getting the answer wrong due to his hazy memories--but Jen needing to ask the question in the first place seemed a bit off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh... wow.. lol.. how did they address this? A throwaway line?

Somewhat. It’s not said out right, but it’s pretty obvious. Jack had mentioned earlier in the series how he’s basically always worn his costume and has never taken it off. During the make out session, She-Hulk reaffirms this by asking him if he’s sure he’s never taken it off and Jack responds with Not ever. Not once. They then go into the bedroom and the issue ends.

4DDC88DD-8298-4C81-8FB0-2BAB811AC114.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She didn't take his virginity. He had a lover back in his original miniseries back in the 80s. Jen is the first woman he's been with in a long time though, as far as we know (although he HAS had one or two love interests in the meantime).

The issue did make a mistake though with Jen asking if he really never took the suit off, and him saying he never did. Back when Jack was an active Avenger they had his room set up that he could have his suit off in there AND they were giving him treatments that he could take the suit off for about 24 hours at a time. We saw Jack go out in civilian clothes with Triathlon, Vision and Carol Danvers...and Jen was an active Avenger with him around that same time.

Given that Jack's still a bit fuzzy in the head, we can excuse him getting the answer wrong due to his hazy memories--but Jen needing to ask the question in the first place seemed a bit off to me.
    You mean Marcy Kaine/Kaina?

I’m just going off of what Rainbow Rowell wrote. I think it’s just supposed to be a romantic moment, nothing that causes analysis.
    Last edited by hoth82; 09-18-2022 at 04:14 PM.

How about a meta? Nikki and Pug's "Drip Broker" is real. comicbook.com reported that "the official Twitter account for Marvel's Avengers updated its display name, bio, and icon in a hilarious way, in honor of the recently-released fifth episode of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law."

Who designed this? Artist Truck Torrence, "who has created many of Marvel's emoji characters under the name of 100 Soft. (Torrence is also the fiance of She-Hulk head writer Jessica Gao.)" And he's confessed to being Drip Broker.

https://twitter.com/100soft/status/1570491132660023296
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

She-Hulk (and Titania!) official merch are now available, but (understandably) not the now discontinued She-Hulk line of personal care products by Titania.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...hulk-episode-5
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Astonishing Member

You mean Marcy Kaine/Kaina?
    Yes.

I’m just going off of what Rainbow Rowell wrote. I think it’s just supposed to be a romantic moment, nothing that causes analysis.
    I realize that, but unfortunately what she wrote there is wrong. Its hardly an earth-shattering error that causes the whole story to fall apart or anything like that...but it did throw me out of the moment a bit while I was reading the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She-Hulk (and Titania!) official merch are now available, but (understandably) not the now discontinued She-Hulk line of personal care products by Titania.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...hulk-episode-5
    What?! No products by Titania? They cannot advertise that on the show and not release it to the public. Grrr, this is all that Mallory Book and She-Hulk's fault! Because they won the case Titania's products cannot legally be sold. I hope Titania gives She-Hulk what she deserves for ruining such a great line of care products

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Mighty Member

Loving Titania on the show.

Incredible Member

I’m really loving the She Hulk show. It’s just a fun and refreshing show that my kids and I look forward to every week. WAY better than I first thought. I hope it gets renewed.

This week's episode was a bit weak for me, but at least it escalated the She-Hulk Titania conflict some. Hope we'll get an old-school all out brawl by the time the finale ends.

On another note, I've been searching for She-Hulk's OST on the Marvel Music Vevo channel on YouTube to zero success, however I did a playlist by composer Amie Doherty instead.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-tsy1Dha1ZsQ4A
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.