Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Eternals mentioned Superman didn't it? And that's not even Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Strange name-dropped Spider-Man in Multiverse of Madness. They can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Perfect opportunity for Mary MacPherran the current Titania to duke it out with Davida DeVito the original Titania now Lascivious.
    Seems like a pretty one sided fight. Mary is seemingly a LOT stronger than Davida. but Davida has new powers added on to her formidable strength so... maybe?

They can mention him but I think incorporating characters from the Spider-Man movies into regular MCU is a hurdle. J Jonah Jameson hasn't appeared in anything but Spider-Man movies.

There is Damage Control but they are not Spider characters. They are characters Marvel already fully own so they can insert them into whichever project they think the characters are necessary for be it Spider-Man or Ms Marvel.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Mighty Member

I just read the last She-hulk, is it me or is it particularly boring? there is absolutely nothing going on, I ended up reading diagonally to manage to finish the comic. It's not even that it sucks, it's that absolutely nothing happens and the dialogues don't go anywhere. Usually, Rainbow Rowell is a pretty good writer, isn't she ?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I just read the last She-hulk, is it me or is it particularly boring? there is absolutely nothing going on, I ended up reading diagonally to manage to finish the comic. It's not even that it sucks, it's that absolutely nothing happens and the dialogues don't go anywhere. Usually, Rainbow Rowell is a pretty good writer, isn't she ?
    I mean, it's kind of the same with her Runaways run.

I liked it, but the Jack of Hearts storyline needs to wrap up soon. I feel like they're going around in circles with his scenes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm actually really enjoying the slice of life style, it really lets us see who Jenn is as a person which is a fun angle for a super hero. That said, the total non-revealing reveal at the end? Yeah that was frustrating, you can't have a meaningful cliff hanger if you don't know what you're hanging on to.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I liked it, but the Jack of Hearts storyline needs to wrap up soon. I feel like they're going around in circles with his scenes.
    I suspect any real Jack of Hearts progression is on hold until FF's Reckoning War ties up.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

Can't wait to see who the mystery villain is next issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm actually really enjoying the slice of life style, it really lets us see who Jenn is as a person which is a fun angle for a super hero. That said, the total non-revealing reveal at the end? Yeah that was frustrating, you can't have a meaningful cliff hanger if you don't know what you're hanging on to.
    I am kind of torn. I do think there needs to be some more action...but at the same time I like to see how people without Tony Stark money support themselves. Jen has a job...we do need to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I suspect any real Jack of Hearts progression is on hold until FF's Reckoning War ties up.
    But this is still set before Reckoning War. Reed actually cameos, and he's still bearded. He shaved it off recently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am kind of torn. I do think there needs to be some more action...but at the same time I like to see how people without Tony Stark money support themselves. Jen has a job...we do need to see that.
    The job is the good part, and her daily life stuff like lunch with Ben Grimm and her fight club work out sessions with Titania are really fun too...but the Jack of Hearts bits are just terrible at this point. In all four issues it's literally been the same exact scene: Jenn introduces Jack to a new food he never got to experience before, there's some mild flirtation between them and a tease of what happened to him. Rinse and repeat. The only thing that changes is the type of food he tries. Once or twice that's a fun, quirky scene...but four repetitions and no forward advancement? That's just dull.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

So just read something on Marvel's Wiki that part of the creation of She-Hulk was because they thought a female Hulk would show up in the Bixby show or a spinoff. Curiously, David's sister on the show (played by Diana Muldaur of Star Trek TNG and L.A Law) Helen, was apparently supposed to return in a storyline that would have her need to get a blood transfusion from Bruce (From a disease, not loss like Jen). Kind of an interesting coincidence though I kind of find it hard to see late 70s Diana Muldaur as she-Hulk (Or turning into an actress playing She-Hulk ala Ferrigno).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So just read something on Marvel's Wiki that part of the creation of She-Hulk was because they thought a female Hulk would show up in the Bixby show or a spinoff. Curiously, David's sister on the show (played by Diana Muldaur of Star Trek TNG and L.A Law) Helen, was apparently supposed to return in a storyline that would have her need to get a blood transfusion from Bruce (From a disease, not loss like Jen). Kind of an interesting coincidence though I kind of find it hard to see late 70s Diana Muldaur as she-Hulk (Or turning into an actress playing She-Hulk ala Ferrigno).
    It's true, there is an Incredible Hulk documentary on YouTube with writers talking about it briefly as it was supposed to be part of season five before it was cancelled. If it did it was after She-Hulk's creation so there must of been talk about it before then as one of the writers did write for the Bionic Woman.

She-Hulk was due to appear in one of the TV movies Revenge of the Incredible Hulk. She was Jen Walters, lawyer who gets injured and gets a blood transfusion but the differences were she was not related to David Banner and rather a love interest and her She-Hulk firm was going to have red hair and gold skin. Sadly Bill Bixby passed away before they could finish it.