Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1146
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Catching up on a little bit of the Titania discourse from a page or so back. I'm a huge fan of hers in the comics (she's basically the only comics character I ever post about anymore, and I mod the Titania subreddit, which hardly anyone ever posts on but me), but at the end of the day, I think the character as she exists in the comics just wouldn't "pop" as much on the show.

On a basic level, she's essentially an angry bruiser villain, which in & of itself is not really all that interesting for a TV show in 2022, IMO. The things that make her great in the comics are her backstory, her relationships with other characters, and the growth & little quirks she's been given in almost 40 years of being a minor villain-turned-sometimes-protagonist, who is often written in a sympathetic way. Tough to translate all that to a short season of TV that already had a lot to juggle. The "shallow influencer" character had better immediate storytelling potential for this show and its tone.
    This is pretty much the way I saw it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Catching up on a little bit of the Titania discourse from a page or so back. I'm a huge fan of hers in the comics (she's basically the only comics character I ever post about anymore, and I mod the Titania subreddit, which hardly anyone ever posts on but me), but at the end of the day, I think the character as she exists in the comics just wouldn't "pop" as much on the show.

On a basic level, she's essentially an angry bruiser villain, which in & of itself is not really all that interesting for a TV show in 2022, IMO. The things that make her great in the comics are her backstory, her relationships with other characters, and the growth & little quirks she's been given in almost 40 years of being a minor villain-turned-sometimes-protagonist, who is often written in a sympathetic way. Tough to translate all that to a short season of TV that already had a lot to juggle. The "shallow influencer" character had better immediate storytelling potential for this show and its tone.

I'm also not surprised or disappointed that she wasn't the main villain of the season. In most TV shows, the Big Bad for a season gets defeated or killed in the season finale, and we never hear from them again. If we as fans want her to get long-term screentime, it is way better for us for her to be more of a recurring antagonist/supporting character who keeps showing up to make Jen's life miserable. This way there's potential for her to get similar treatment to what she gets in the comics.

If the show returns, I somewhat expect (and hope) that some elements of comics Skeeter will get added to the MCU version. I speculated on Reddit that the David Otunga character who she left with in that one episode, could possibly end up becoming MCU Absorbing Man. They could easily give her the exact same Shooter/Slott bullying backstory on the show (minus the Secret Wars/Doom part), flesh her out, introduce Volcana if they really wanted to, etc. Maybe her ditzy persona is just an act that she puts on. I would also be not surprised if they eventually become frenemies like they currently are in the comics.
    Could you imagine if Titania is really Peter Parker's sister? This would explain why she could never beat Spider-Man. I would love to see Titania and Creed team up with Spider-Man and She-Hulk as this would be an interesting adventure. Don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Sounds goods to me. Always great to see more Marvel women

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Elena Casagrande's art so this is pretty nice .

Just missing Wasp.
    I wonder why? Thought it might be as she doesn't have a book, but a) she actually DOES right now, albeit just a mini (issue 3 just solicited), and b) a lot of others also lack books. Silk, Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider and Ms. Marvel could all be used on Amazing Spider-Man (as the first three are spiders and Kamala is currently part of Peter's supporting cast). Jane Foster Valkyrie could be used on Avengers, Shuri on Black Panther, Storm, Rogue and Psylocke on any of the X books. She-Hulk's, Captain Marvel's and Scarlet Witch's would be on their own books. Which just leaves America Chavez - maybe use hers on a Marvel Voices anthology?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jen Bartel’s cover art for She-Hulk #11

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Jen Bartel’s cover art for She-Hulk #11

Going back to the fight club ?

https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-new-villains-steal-gamma/
    Also hope everyone has a merry christmas, happy new year, and happy holidays.

Merry Christmas She-Hulk fans .

Sketches by Jen Bartel

Maybe it's because they share the same first name but Bartel draws an amazing Jen !

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The Marvel HQ YouTube channel uploaded two full episodes of Hulk & the Agents of Smash.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

No review for the last She-Hulk comics ? I was very critical of this series, but I must admit that the last two issues are really good. It looks like Rainbow Rowelle finally found the balance between action, romance and the She-Hulk universe, I hope it will continue in this direction, but for now it's the best comic of this arc. I hope it's not "too little too late" and that everyone has dropped this comics.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-28-2022 at 05:28 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    No review for the last She-Hulk comics ? I was very critical of this series, but I must admit that the last two issues are really good. It looks like Rainbow Rowelle finally found the balance between action, romance and the She-Hulk universe, I hope it will continue in this direction, but for now it's the best comic of this arc. I hope it's not "too little too late" and that everyone has dropped this comics.
    I saw the latest issue of She-Hulk. With that ending, Jennifer might have some new members added to her rouges gallery and I'm all for expanding a rouge's gallery. They certainly took some elements from the recent She-Hulk show, but I liked those elements more here. Especially concerning the villain's plan.