Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Despite being a She-Hulk fan, I don’t really care for the show all that much. It’s not bad, but it’s not good either. I don’t really like either Byrne’s or Slott’s run on She-Hulk, so it’s no surprise that I don’t really like the show considering those are the two main runs the show’s taking inspiration from.

My favorite run of She-Hulk is actually the current one from Rowell, guess it’s too new for the show to take anything from it though. Jack of Hearts as her new boyfriend especially would take a lot of explaining considering he hasn’t even shown up in the MCU yet.
    Last edited by hoth82; 09-24-2022 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    And really this character gets a poster? What a waste.
    Aren't all the major guest stars getting a poster? I'm surprised we haven't seen one for Mister Immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    My favorite run of She-Hulk is actually the current one from Rowell, guess it’s too new for the show to take anything from it though. Jack of Hearts as her new boyfriend especially would take a lot of explaining considering he hasn’t even shown up in the MCU yet.
    Yeah, in the comics they were on the pre-Disassembled Avengers together. If they adapted Rowell's run in a potential season 2, they obviously wouldn't have that history.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-24-2022 at 03:42 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    She got on my nerves. I was actually hoping Jen would give her a good backhand. Who hands a person laundry to do and pairs up that same person with a dog? If I was Jen I would have wrecked the place and left with Titania. Where is the Wrecking Crew’s poster?
    Exactly. As soon as that happened I think most people would have just bailed.

I think She-Hulk has had some very funny moments, but I have to admit I've been a bit disappointed by what's going on. I believe Jen is a little bit too smug in my view and she hasn't really acted "heroic" at all during this show. I mean when has Shulkie actually WANTED to help people during this series? Letting the Wrecking Crew get away was not very responsible in my opinion. I am also disappointed by how Titania has been portrayed. I think the show runners could have kept her influencing thing going on, but explain her backstory a little bit more. Her origins in the comic books are VERY relatable and sympathetic, and we haven't yet established HOW she got her powers. I would be okay if She-Hulk focused on JUST Jen, Bruce, Blonsky and Titania. The Daredevil teases are actively hurting She-Hulk to me. Don't get me wrong, I think Wong and Donny Blaze were hilarious in their roles, BUT I would have preferred more attention to be focused on the "Hulk franchise" characters more. I'm not that interested in setups for Daredevil and Ghost Rider to be quite honest.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-24-2022 at 06:36 AM.

I was just thinking Jen was being a doormat in the latest episode which made the wedding annoying. Granted that is probably just me but I don't get the whole concept of having someone dump laundry on you or act the way her "friend" was acting and you silently deal with it and accept it. I would have just left to be honest or said I wasn't coming. The episode was also a bit cliche but the dialogue itself was good just not a fan of the format of this specific sort of wedding shenanigans. The best parts were Mr. Immortal and Renee character. I wonder if wolverine is the son. Lol 7/10 probably the weakest episode but the show is called shehulk and not Jen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaand this little gem just dropped on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/SheHulk/status/1572935098722394112

Sorry incels, not all content is made for you

#SheHulk #Daredevil #Hulk #SheHulkAttorneyAtLaw

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LMAO, I love it!

I made this joke when Megan Thee Stallion showed up; I love the no nonsense approach Marvel is allowing the show to take with these basement dwellers.
    Same here! I love how they're addressing it head on and not flinching even for a moment.

But was Shulkie ever self serious? I feel like Tamaki's run was one of the first that looked at her pathos?
    I'd say she was maybe a little introspective at times, sure, but I don't think I would ever describe her as self-serious.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

moved the post to the TV forum
    Last edited by Malachi; 09-24-2022 at 09:08 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd say she was maybe a little introspective at times, sure, but I don't think I would ever describe her as self-serious.
    Yeah I figured as much, for a character who was never truly a "serious" character she sure has a lot of "fans" who want her that way.

I think Bruce should be the pathos filled Hulk in the MCU and let Jen be adorkable because it's one of the first MCU properties (I think ever) that truly doesn't have any male energy and it gives the show a breath of fresh air.

I mean Captain Marvel and Black Widow was so male centric (their character was written in opposition to men and how their lives revolved around said men) that it didn't feel like it was written for women at all. They were written by men who think this is what strong women should be like.

Shulk is written by women for women and the energy is completely different and amazing - I'm here for it.

Yeah I figured as much, for a character who was never truly a "serious" character she sure has a lot of "fans" who want her that way.

I think Bruce should be the pathos filled Hulk in the MCU and let Jen be adorkable because it's one of the first MCU properties (I think ever) that truly doesn't have any male energy and it gives the show a breath of fresh air.

I mean Captain Marvel and Black Widow was so male centric (their character was written in opposition to men and how their lives revolved around said men) that it didn't feel like it was written for women at all. They were written by men who think this is what strong women should be like.

Shulk is written by women for women and the energy is completely different and amazing - I'm here for it.
    I'm not advocating for She-Hulk to be a serious character insofar as that's not really her personality...I just think they could do a better job depicting the Superhero stakes because (other than her fight with Bruce) the Wrecking Crew and Titania just aren't that impressive, and Jen feels like she's too much of a straight woman at times rather than the more confident, sassy, She-Hulk we deserve, but I guess she's not at that point yet.

I mean, people hated what they did with her post-CW II and Aaron trying to Hulkify her to make her more serious and intimidating.

(They pretty much dropped the ball with any pathos they could have with Bruce in the MCU by this point).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Intelligencia/ How wants to complain about She-Hulk?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

For those who want to see it, Jen has a five-post Twitter thread about "the *joys* of being a bridesmaid".

https://twitter.com/SheHulkOfficial/...19947670220800
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

No I get it, I wasn't calling you out I was calling out the toxic folks that would be happy with a Snyder cut Shulk.

I just like that it's different and unlike anything else in the MCU

Astonishing Member

No I get it, I wasn't calling you out I was calling out the toxic folks that would be happy with a Snyder cut Shulk.
    Oh, god. Don't even joke. All I'm seeing now is clenched teeth, balled up fists and grimacing temples.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

She-Hulk Hit with Massive Budget Cuts & CG Restrictions Reveals Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    For those who want to see it, Jen has a five-post Twitter thread about "the *joys* of being a bridesmaid".

https://twitter.com/SheHulkOfficial/...19947670220800
    Thanks for the link, it actually makes some of the scenes funnier to me in hind sight. lol. especially the "dance like no one's watching." which of course makes me think of Elaine who danced like she had to know everyone was watching. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/