Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Yeah, I just looked them up, and Thunderball was always on the Wrecking Crew, he debuted when the team did in 1974's Defenders #17. So there's no excuse. Could've understood it if Thunderball was a legacy character who replaced a white guy, but he's not.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah they appear to have race-swapped Bulldozer and Thunderball. Because Bulldozer is black here despite being white in the comics.

Its like yeah its a minor thing but ya know the little things are important too. They could have just swapped Thunderball and Bulldozer's actors, I don't think it would have made much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah they appear to have race-swapped Bulldozer and Thunderball. Because Bulldozer is black here despite being white in the comics.

Its like yeah its a minor thing but ya know the little things are important too. They could have just swapped Thunderball and Bulldozer's actors, I don't think it would have made much difference.
    So I guess it's like how the Power Rangers movie reboot swapped the races around and nobody seemed to really care that much.

future seasons should bring in alumni of shows like Law & Order, Ally McBeal, Boston Legal, and more, in guest roles...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess it's like how the Power Rangers movie reboot swapped the races around and nobody seemed to really care that much.
    Hmmm was that any more than Ranger colors swapped though? I'm trying to remember if the actual characters had the same civilian names, or if it's just a new set of Rangers?

I'm really hoping Titania comes back and they do something with her. So far her quick defeat and absence has been the only real thing in She-Hulk I didn't like.

Not the most visible but this was done quickly while i was watching she hulk episode three. even though bruce wasn't in it i find i really like the dynamic bruce and jen have in it so much so when she talked about this isn't a cameo of the week show this popped in my mind. lol. practicejenhulk1.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm was that any more than Ranger colors swapped though? I'm trying to remember if the actual characters had the same civilian names, or if it's just a new set of Rangers?
    They had the same civilian names and Ranger colors, but the actual ethnicity got switched around.

They had the same civilian names and Ranger colors, but the actual ethnicity got switched around.
    It was kind of confusing because suddenly Becky G is playing "Trini Kwan".

As for Thunderball, it's a little disappointing that they racebent him. He's always been the standout member of the Wrecking Crew for me and always seemed like the intelligent and least flat-out evil, so it's a shame that we won't see that version.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm really hoping Titania comes back and they do something with her. So far her quick defeat and absence has been the only real thing in She-Hulk I didn't like.
    There are clips where she is seated with her attorney in the court, but she's bound to do some fighting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    As for Thunderball, it's a little disappointing that they racebent him. He's always been the standout member of the Wrecking Crew for me and always seemed like the intelligent and least flat-out evil, so it's a shame that we won't see that version.
    So far this Wrecking Crew team looks like a thugs for hire. Hopefully we'll get more into their background and have Franklin know at least some gamma research.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

She kept the last name? That's kind of funny .

I wonder if they thought that deeply about it...I feel like fans probably care more than the creatives do on some things, unfortunately.

All-New Member

Who has seen the new TV show? Do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The '95 movie and later shows had different characters filling in the roster so I guess it has never been so noticeable. Also because the original show weirdly had the sole black member of the group be the Black Ranger and the sole Asian-American member be the Yellow Ranger so I guess people kind of wanted the characters to be swapped.

Except for the 2017 film which wanted to use the OG characters but didn't want to have the Yellow/Black Ranger problem as the OG show. Was Becky G's Trini referred to by her last name in the movie though? Don't seem to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The '95 movie and later shows had different characters filling in the roster so I guess it has never been so noticeable. Also because the original show weirdly had the sole black member of the group be the Black Ranger and the sole Asian-American member be the Yellow Ranger so I guess people kind of wanted the characters to be swapped.
    It should be noted that in the original show, the original actors left because of a payment dispute not because of any criticisms of the characters' race.

Power Rangers, while still pretty good when it comes to diversity, still has the occasional hiccup like Tommy being revealed to be Native American even though his actor is white and having a Black Ranger played by a black actor again in 2007 except this time the black Ranger was a thief.

Except for the 2017 film which wanted to use the OG characters but didn't want to have the Yellow/Black Ranger problem as the OG show. Was Becky G's Trini referred to by her last name in the movie though? Don't seem to remember.
    Here's a funny bit of trivia. In the unaired pilot, the Yellow Ranger was played by an Afro-Latina actress. Hence her name Trini, a Spanish origin name which means Holy Trinity. When they cast Vietnamese-American Thuy Trang in the role, they kept the Trini name. I myself didn't