Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Considering the Thing is on April's cover, you'll be disappointed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am really looking forward to this series. Granted, the first issue was basically an explanation of Jenn's situation and a list of supporting characters, but the dialogue and activity was great. It set the tone marvelously (pun intended) and even the "oh look, ANOTHER event" surprise ending fit in with everything else. Jenn's had some really good series where the balance between character and superheroing was maintained. I am hoping the legal aspects of the book are handled well and Rowell can nail that aspect of Jenn's life.

And I know what people have said about not sending ideas to Marvel, but the fact that Jenn's clothing is NOT made of unstable molecules given she has Fantasticar keys is a huge puzzle. Come on, do they think we want to see buff gorgeous women in shredded clothing?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

5gNyVV6.jpg

SHE-HULK #4

RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ROGÊ ANTÔNIO (A)
    Cover by JEN BARTEL
    VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Super Fight Club is here and She-Hulk isn’t going to break the rules.
    Good thing Rainbow and Rogê are going to break the first rule and talk about it just for you.
    Jennifer Walters never promised (us) not to break rules at her day job. Rule #1? No super hero clients.
    She did promise her boss, though, so…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #43

DAN SLOTT (W) • RACHAEL STOTT (A) • Cover by CAFU
    VARIANT COVER BY SUPERLOG • Spider-Man Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    THE RECKONING WAR CONTINUES!
    "Victor Von Doom: Hero of Earth"
    The last time the Cormorant appeared, he destroyed the Baxter Building and the Latverian Embassy, completely overpowered the Fantastic Four, and left without anyone laying a hand on him.
    Now, for the sake of the universe, Doctor Doom must face him alone. Hail Doom!
    Meanwhile, four of Earth's greatest heroes are trapped in the toxic wastelands of the Barrens...and there is no way for all of them to make it out alive.
    Guest-starring: The Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, and an army of Marvel's most cosmic champions!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

No surprise Ben wants in .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And Jen is wearing a Van Dyne design.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Default I just read She-Hulk #1

I loved it but have one thought,

"Thor is really a crappy boyfriend"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PinnyPed View Post
    I loved it but have one thought,

"Thor is really a crappy boyfriend"
    I think most of his ex-girlfriends would tend to agree -- most of his romances have been pretty off-and-on.

Are Jen and Thor still supposed to be a couple at this point though? They never had a break up scene that I can recall, but they also haven't really shown any sign of being a couple in a whole either. I wonder if their romance ended up more of a friends-with-benefits situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think most of his ex-girlfriends would tend to agree -- most of his romances have been pretty off-and-on.

Are Jen and Thor still supposed to be a couple at this point though? They never had a break up scene that I can recall, but they also haven't really shown any sign of being a couple in a whole either. I wonder if their romance ended up more of a friends-with-benefits situation.
    hmmm not sure what love interest, if any Thor currently has.... but the idea of Amora fighting Jen over who gets to romance Thor amuses me greatly.

Mighty Member

She-Hulk (2022) #1 (of 5) - Comics by comiXology - Google Chrome 21_1_2022 7_26_26 PM.jpg

I was going through the comixology and I see She-Hulk on the cover. But then, it is a mini series? I guess someone must have known about it or otherwise they won't put the titles up just to let anyone know about it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I was going through the comixology and I see She-Hulk on the cover. But then, it is a mini series? I guess someone must have known about it or otherwise they won't put the titles up just to let anyone know about it.
    Someone mentioned before that it might refer to the number of issues to be collected in the Vol. 1 TPB.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

I think that's a misconstruing of Thor's romantic history courtesy of Jason Aaron. I know with Jane the relationship kind of got out of his hand (if we're looking at actual canon), with Sif it was complicated by his love of Earth and his adventures and timing, Enchantress is...complicated, but I don't think he ever treated them badly.

Aaron was barely writing them together as it is, and he's the only one who really acknowledged the relationship that much, so maybe they just had an off-panel breakup.

That looks awesome, classic, savage sensational, F4, FF She-Hulks, A-Force, bounty hunter, graphic novel, grey, celestial powered, lawyer, Marvel Now, heroes for hire, agent of Shield, House of M, the one poking fun at Rob Leifield, the Long night (I think) and the feet in the top corner is bride of Mahkizmo not sure what the arm is next to Jen FF costume leg is. Her hair looks fantastic in them all.
    Last edited by comicfan298; 01-21-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Love it .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's a misconstruing of Thor's romantic history courtesy of Jason Aaron. I know with Jane the relationship kind of got out of his hand (if we're looking at actual canon), with Sif it was complicated by his love of Earth and his adventures and timing, Enchantress is...complicated, but I don't think he ever treated them badly.

Aaron was barely writing them together as it is, and he's the only one who really acknowledged the relationship that much, so maybe they just had an off-panel breakup.
    Too bad, there was potential in that relationship. It's just that Aaron can't write realistic romance (among numerous other genres).