Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1146
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get it, I just felt it made for a shallower character.
    I mean, she never really struck me as that deep to begin with, tbh.

Which ones, if you don't mind me asking?
    Well, the Mandarin was a big one in IM2. As for DW, well, basically the entire movie.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, she never really struck me as that deep to begin with, tbh.
    Well, she didn't have a lot of layers, just more than one.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, she didn't have a lot of layers, just more than one.
    I will say I was expecting Mary's origin to come up to connect her to Jen and enable them to have a stronger nemesis dynamic but it never came up so she ends the show a shallow one-note caricature of influencer's.

Which I already fucking hate influencers so the complete lack of any sort of depth or even interesting schemes beyond trademarking the She-Hulk name didn't endear me to the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I will say I was expecting Mary's origin to come up to connect her to Jen and enable them to have a stronger nemesis dynamic but it never came up so she ends the show a shallow one-note caricature of influencer's.

Which I already fucking hate influencers so the complete lack of any sort of depth or even interesting schemes beyond trademarking the She-Hulk name didn't endear me to the character.
    To me, I don't think the point was ever to make her endearing. The point was to make you want to punch her in the face. I think they pretty much accomplished that mission, personally. She-Hulk kind of took a left turn from the usual Marvel formula here in re to villains and really didn't try and make them sympathetic in the least. And while I usually do prefer more sympathetic villains, just so long as the one's that deserve to get punched in the face get punched in the face in a timely manner, I am absolutely here for it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yeah, they did little more than introduce the character. They made it clear she's not the same in the comics... but.. don't explain how.

To me, I don't think the point was ever to make her endearing. The point was to make you want to punch her in the face. I think they pretty much accomplished that mission, personally. She-Hulk kind of took a left turn from the usual Marvel formula here in re to villains and really didn't try and make them sympathetic in the least. And while I usually do prefer more sympathetic villains, just so long as the one's that deserve to get punched in the face get punched in the face in a timely manner, I am absolutely here for it.
    Which feels like a weird thing to say for that show considering how it handled it's action .

I guess because she's Jen's nemesis and, to me, is much more layered in the comics the MCU version just comes off lacking. Especially in light of how they handled other villains.

The thing is she is so incredibly one-note its not really that entertaining. She is a borderline cackling "nye-eheheh" villain which is on its own isn't an issue but she is given so little to work with or do there's not much there.

Again the wedding episode is indicative of this. She just shows up randomly, does nothing for most of the episode, challenges She-Hulk to a short fight that quickly ends with her slipping and falling on her breaking her teeth, and thats it.

Like if she had spent the episode constantly bullying Jen during the wedding I would be more invested but the overall execution just leads me going "Ehhhh?"

It doesn't feel worth it punching her in the face, it just feels more like a chore or obligation.

Extraordinary Member

Which feels like a weird thing to say for that show considering how it handled it's action .
    I'd say that has more to do with the budget than anything else. K.E.V.I.N. even said as much in the season finale. lol

I guess because she's Jen's nemesis and, to me, is much more layered in the comics the MCU version just comes off lacking.
    Is she, though? lol

Anyway, the MCU is clearly it's own continuity. It simply doesn't adhere to the same rules as the comics.

The thing is she is so incredibly one-note its not really that entertaining. She is a borderline cackling "nye-eheheh" villain which is on its own isn't an issue but she is given so little to work with or do there's not much there.

Again the wedding episode is indicative of this. She just shows up randomly, does nothing for most of the episode, challenges She-Hulk to a short fight that quickly ends with her slipping and falling on her breaking her teeth, and thats it.

Like if she had spent the episode constantly bullying Jen during the wedding I would be more invested but the overall execution just leads me going "Ehhhh?"

It doesn't worth it punching her in the face, it just feels more like a chore or obligation.
    The show isn't about Titania. Honestly, I'm not really understanding the obsession with the character.

The show isn't about Titania. Honestly, I'm not really understanding the obsession with the character.
    Never said to make the show about Titania.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Just criticizing a specific character and how they are used in the show, nothing more than that.

Immortal Hulk has some great Titania (and Absorbing Man) content .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yep, fans expected Titania to be set up as She-Hulk's arch-nemesis with the strength to match and when she didn't live up to their expectations it was a let down.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Never said to make the show about Titania.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Just criticizing a specific character and how they are used in the show, nothing more than that.
    I mean, with all the fuss about a character no one really seemed to talk much about prior to the show I'm just surprised by the sudden and seemingly out of no where outrage.

I mean, with all the fuss about a character no one really seemed to talk much about prior to the show I'm just surprised by the sudden and seemingly out of no where outrage.
    Well, I think when fans hear about a television show or a movie coming out, they assume that most things will remain the same for the characters, but they rarely do. For instance, while they might get the hair color correct, the style/length is different, the height of the character is different, and the costume is usually not like in the comics, if, even wearing one. Best to go into these things with no preconceived notions and just watch them for what they present.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I could tell you where it's coming from but everyone would just get mad and deny it, lol.