Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Doom isn't in Wakanda Forever, but Howard Stern accidentally said on a hot mic he's talking to Kevin Feige about scheduling shooting for a Doctor Doom project next year. Given FF is looking for a director my guess is this is its own thing.

https://twitter.com/bringbackjackie/...7rYGh2uww&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Doom isn't in Wakanda Forever, but Howard Stern accidentally said on a hot mic he's talking to Kevin Feige about scheduling shooting for a Doctor Doom project next year. Given FF is looking for a director my guess is this is its own thing.

If this is real, and I think it is since he specified Doctor Doom rather than leaving it at an unnamed marvel project, I hope it's a Disney+ series since Books of Doom would be killer in that format. Either way I'm very excited to see Doom done justice on both the big and small screen.

Uh he has been heavily rumored for awhile now to make a cameo in the mid credits as the person who has Atlantis (Mayan equivalent) and Wakanda go to war, pulling the strings....a lot of folks who have insider info claim to know that he will be involved....

So we don't know yet but all signs are pointing to 2022 as the year he finally makes his MCU Debut...i mean the first easter egg (his time platform in MoM) and the rumored first look at Doomstadt in episode 1 of MK....so he is coming....

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Are you sure this isn't a joke? Do you know who Howard Stern is???? He does prank a lot.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-29-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Are you sure this isn't a joke? Do you know who Howard Stern is????

Yeah but I thought about it....its so random for him to say that...maybe he leaked a project he isn't suppose to have said...he could be the reporter who interviews Doom if this is the rumored D+ project?? If Feige announces a Doom movie at Comic Con/D23 or a Doom show at Disney plus day, then Stern could be definitely involved.

Howard would make a great Dr Doom.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

He's too old and not very good looking

Extraordinary Member

Bah!ba Booey.

I'll see myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know right? It's definitely a quality choice. Not to disparage Toby Kebbell or Julian McMahon but the roles they were given as written were just not Doom anyway.

Came across this image of Doom on a Youtube video speculating about his upcoming debut in the MCU (and there are a lot of those lately!) The artist wasn't credited since it was just flashed on the screen. I really like this look though.

Here's the link to the video
    The image is by phil-cho on DeviantArt. It was sponsored as part of Roysovitch's Earth-27 Project. The rest of the FF have also been sponsored.
    Here is the full image

The artist has also done other commission's of Doom such as this one

Thanks! Good to give the artist credit because the video didn't. I like both of those.

Default Doom Family relationships and ancestry - Part 4

Kristoff Venard

Continuing with my little commeration of Sixty Years of Dcotor Doom, it's time for another look t the family relationships once again. This time I will begin to look at the next generation in the Doctor Doom's family tree. In Fantastic Four #247 (October 1982) writer/artist John Bryne added Kristoff Venard, an orphaned Latverian child , to the Fantastic Four cast of characters. Kristoff's mother was killed by one of the Doombots that the usurper Prince Zorba sent out to fight against the citizens who were rebelling against his rule. Doom had lost the throne when he had been driven insane by the sight of his face reflected back at him thousands of times in the epic duel with Reed Richards in FF #200. He eventually regained his sanity and returned to seek vengeance against Prince Zorba and take back the title. He has brought along the Fantastic Four and strongarms them into helping in the fight in the streets. This is where we first encounter young Kristoff and his mother who is suddenly killed by one of the patrolling Doombots sent out by Prince Zorba.

Several issues later, it is revealed that Doom had taken this orphaned child into his home. Whether or not he was formally adopted isn't clear but one imagines that Doom merely could make an imperial order to make it so. Kristoff does seem to have the affection of his foster father, as long as he doesn't mention Magneto. He does receive private tutoring and is allowed to observe the governance of the kingdom. But fate steps in again and Doom is presumed to be killed when he gets caught in the middle of an epic fight between Terrax and The Silver Surfer. It is at this point that Kristoff's life is turned upside down.....

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-02-2022 at 09:40 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Noah Hawley's Doom project did involve an interviewer being brought to Latveria. If they're doing some version of that it could be plausible.

The question is if it is this summer how the hell did they keep it so secret.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Howard Stern is likely a cameo at best... similar to Jim Cramer's cameo in Iron Man 1 or Bill O'Reilly's cameo in Iron Man 2. I doubt it'd be much bigger than that.

Could be something as simple as Ben Grimm listening to Stern's show on campus.

Amazing Member

Agree, he is not a professional actor. It is ludicrous that people on the internet think he is actually playing the main character in a live-action series/movie. Makes no sense at all. He could also be a voice-over in a What If episode for all we know. A lot of the speculation out there is just silly clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Howard Stern is likely a cameo at best... similar to Jim Cramer's cameo in Iron Man 1 or Bill O'Reilly's cameo in Iron Man 2. I doubt it'd be much bigger than that.

Noah Hawley's Doom project did involve an interviewer being brought to Latveria. If they're doing some version of that it could be plausible.

The question is if it is this summer how the hell did they keep it so secret.
    They were doing well concealing their plans until Stern blew it. I do recall the summary of that concept by Hawley sounded very much like they would be using elements of Books of Doom. And remember what happened to the reporter at the end. Maybe that would have been Howard Stern's fate in the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post

Agreed. I can't believe he would be hired for a major role. I know Howard Stern is gone on a summer break and to tell the truth he may have ticked off TPTB at Disney/Marvel for being careless about the leak. They may tell him not to bother to show up for filming. I mean he's been on the radio for decades didn't realize he was on a hot mic?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-01-2022 at 04:33 PM.