Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

That's an awesome Bill Sienkiewicz Dr Doom!

I have this one printed and framed from Sideshow Collectibles which is similar and was a cover for Fantastic Four #1 from 2018:
    Bill Sienkiewicz Dr Doom cover art.jpg

If they offer the one Reviresco posted I may just have to bust open the piggy bank and find a spot on my wall!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

OMG! Hopefully, I can get in on all this Sienkiewicz/Doom action (LOL):

Truly legendary artistry (IMHO)!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-24-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Honesty, I wonder if these click bait sites are just throwing out names just for the heck of it.

Latest rumor is throwing Ryan Gosling out there but as usual no proof or reasoning is given. The only good part about the article is the uncredited Doom art which is not concept art from the movie. I can't identify the artist and there doesn't appear to be a signature

I should start keeping a running tally of actors named in casting rumors

So far I have...

Ryan Gosling
    Daniel Craig - allegedly was in talks just before the pandemic
    Mads Mikkelson but I tend to toss that one out since he already had a role in the MCU in Doctor Strange
    Michael C. Hall
    Christopher Waltz
    Giancarlo Esposito
    Rufus Sewell
    Cillian Murphy
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-25-2022 at 10:05 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Rumor mill is saying HENRY CAVILL will be Doom.

https://www.themarysue.com/is-henry-...aying-dr-doom/

IF Cavill is coming to the MCU, I think it will be as Wonder Man, which I think is perfect casting.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Hopefully, I can get in on all this Sienkiewicz/Doom action (LOL):

Truly legendary artistry (IMHO)!
    Wow. Those are more sketchy, but very Sienkiewicz to me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Rumor mill is saying HENRY CAVILL will be Doom.

https://www.themarysue.com/is-henry-...aying-dr-doom/

IF Cavill is coming to the MCU, I think it will be as Wonder Man, which I think is perfect casting.

I forgot to add him to my list. I may have to create a spreadsheet to keep track of them! Cavill was also rumored to be playing Hyperion of the Squadron Supreme. But I don't recall seeing anything about them being in Marvel's next phases but this was part of a rumor for season two of the Loki series. here at CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Honesty, I wonder if these click bait sites are just throwing out names just for the heck of it.

Latest rumor is throwing Ryan Gosling out there but as usual no proof or reasoning is given. The only good part about the article is the uncredited Doom art which is not concept art from the movie. I can't identify the artist and there doesn't appear to be a signature

I should start keeping a running tally of actors named in casting rumors

So far I have...

Ryan Gosling
    Daniel Craig - allegedly was in talks just before the pandemic
    Mads Mikkelson but I tend to toss that one out since he already had a role in the MCU in Doctor Strange
    Michael C. Hall
    Christopher Waltz
    Giancarlo Esposito
    Rufus Sewell
    Cillian Murphy
    This is the pvc Doom on a throne model, recently painted and shared here ... with a spiderman mask added under the left hand, but otherwise not significantly modified except for it's placement in some dingy swamp shack.

2022 Dr Doom on throne painted finished.jpg

I remember when Nathan Fillion was rumored for Wonder Man. These casting decisions are often very fluid. Rumors will abound.
    "Because ... I am Doom

I actually dreamt of Wakanda Forever’s post credits scene last night. I have no idea where I was, if I were watching it at the cinema or on my pc, but the camera was following a character (no clue on their identity, maybe Namor?) into some kind of cave with a big archway and then it widened out to show Doom’s symbol on the keystone… and then the character entered the cave and I could hear Doom’s voice saying something I don’t remember… and then I woke up ^^’ Didn’t even get the chance to see him!
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 09-28-2022 at 04:21 PM.

The latest Marvel Previews for titles shipping in December has three books with Doom appearances. Previously mentioned Avengers #63 on sale December 7

Fantastic Four #2 with an Alex Ross variant cover("Reed and Sue versus a town full of killer Doombots"), also December 7
    Fantastic Four 002 dec 2022 alex ross cover.jpg

Fantastic Four 002 dec 2022 preview.jpg

And a very rare Doom 2099 appearance on the cover of Savage Avengers #8, December 14.

Savage Avengers 008 dec 2022.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

This has to be the strangest Doom appearance yet, if it is true. I've been watching the She Hulk series on Disney Plus but didn't really pay attention to this in the closing credits. Apparently some comic book sites like CBR and others are saying this might be the first reference to Doctor Doom in the MCU. In the episode, there is a scene involving one of the characters collection of highly prized superhero sneakers. One article mapped out their guesses on which heroes are being used in the design sketch. There are some obvious ones like Deadpool, the Thing Iron Man and Captain America. Allegedly one of the sneakers references Doctor Doom. The only one that vaguely fits that is the one between the two that are ID's as possible Wolverine sneakers. This is one of the scenes depicted in the closing credits. It is a live action series so this isn't part of the show itself.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-28-2022 at 11:02 PM.

This has to be the strangest Doom appearance yet, if it is true. I've been watching the She Hulk series on Disney Plus but didn't really pay attention to this in the closing credits. Apparently some comic book sites like CBR and others are saying this might be the first reference to Doctor Doom in the MCU. In the episode, there is a scene involving one of the characters collection of highly prized superhero sneakers. One article mapped out their guesses on which heroes are being used in the design sketch. There are some obvious ones like Deadpool, the Thing Iron Man and Captain America. Allegedly one of the sneakers references Doctor Doom. The only one that vaguely fits that is the one between the two that are ID's as possible Wolverine sneakers. This is one of the scenes depicted in the closing credits. It is a live action series so this isn't part of the show itself.
    "Allegedly" is the right word... It should be the one you say, but whoever saw that shoe in a 3sec scene in the end credits and realized it reminded them of Doom is either a genius or they need to get a hobby! You really have to put your brain at work to see Doctor Doom in that shoe! But anyway it's always good seeing any reference (even alleged) to Doom in the MCU!

Back to comics, Doom makes an appearance in X-Men #15:

It is actually a simulation created by Forged, so nothing of this really happened but who cares! "Latveria was the last stand of mankind", of course it was: Latveria's always the last bastion to fall!

Thanks for posting that. It's so hard to keep up with these random appearances. Doom also appears in the last issue of the Fortnight: Zero War series but it's so brief I didn't feel like scanning it in.

I haven't read the X-Men in a while. I tried a few when Hickman was still writing but somehow I've just not been as interested in them as I was in the days of Claremont/Byrne when I was young. May just buy the digital version on this one.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-29-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks for posting that. It's so hard to keep up with these random appearances. Doom also appearas in the last issue of the Fortnight: Zero War series but it's so brief I didn't feel like scanning it in.

I haven't read the X-Men in a while. I tried a few when Hickman was still writing but somehow I've just not been as interested in them as I was in the days of Claremont/Byrne when I was young.
    No need to worry, Iron Maiden! I'm always willing to help out when I can...

Thanks! At least the art is nice. I really haven't been all that taken with most of Doom's appearances this year. But I am hoping for some developments in Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil since I did read a review about the Kingpin taking refuge in Latveria a while back. Then there will be some sort of Doom presence in Cantwell's Namor series since a Doom statue appears on the cover of issue #3. Then of course there is the new writer on Fantastic Four Ryan North. So maybe things will be looking up.

Well technically the time platform in Multiverse of Madness was Doom's first reference...and the possibility that the Eastern European nation seen in Moon Knight could have been Latveria....so all things that could be him too.