Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And now for something completely different, my newest Doom Funko Pop - the Mech Strike Monster Hunter edition. He became my 7th Doom Funko figure and I have them all being overseen by the Diamond Select Doom diorama figure that came out last year as I recall.

Great collection!

That new edition actually calls to me. May have to go look for it. Thank you for sharing!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Well done, IM!

I just came home from our county fair, and was surprised to see some Funko POP figures on display (no Dooms though - maybe I should fix that next year). Some context: the fair's theme this year is "Heroes ReUnite" and it is both a comic book superhero theme as well as acknowledging that this is the first full fair since the pandemic. Also, since we are home to the Comic-Con it is drawing from that and the recently opened Comic Con museum. Anyway, one of the exhibit areas was dedicated to home made crafts and collections, and several of the collections (both from kids and adults) featured Funko POP figures. One had all of the Game of Thrones figures posed around an iron throne and castle motif, for instance. There were also some vendors selling the figures, so it's clear that these are really popular.

There was also a main theme exhibit dedicated to superheroes, both real life (firefighters, sheriff, CHP etc) and comic book. It was actually pretty good as those things go, although the information parts had to really skim over and discuss things in general from the last 80 years of comic book superheroes.

Sadly, no love for the Lord of Latveria though. They should have had your collection, IM!

Still waiting for my Funko POP Monster Hunter DOOM!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Great collection!
    I know, right?! I've seen it before. This one though isn't Funko POP, but it's a favorite figurine from that same collection (LOL):

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have that one too. That is the Doom figure with the Infinity Sword from the Marvel Superhero Squad show, which is a favorite of mine. I am so glad they added it to Disney Plus. I was watching a couple of episodes this past winter. Charlie Adler, who is a voice actor that has done a lot of work such as in the Transformers movies, was the voice of Doom. It was so hilariously OTT. In case you missed it, I posted a picture of some of them. Even though he has a figure I don't think Namor was ever on the show. I even have the in scale Galactus. If you recall George Takei did his voice. They had several celebrity voices as I recall.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-22-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Well done, IM!

I just came home from our county fair, and was surprised to see some Funko POP figures on display (no Dooms though - maybe I should fix that next year). Some context: the fair's theme this year is "Heroes ReUnite" and it is both a comic book superhero theme as well as acknowledging that this is the first full fair since the pandemic. Also, since we are home to the Comic-Con it is drawing from that and the recently opened Comic Con museum. Anyway, one of the exhibit areas was dedicated to home made crafts and collections, and several of the collections (both from kids and adults) featured Funko POP figures. One had all of the Game of Thrones figures posed around an iron throne and castle motif, for instance. There were also some vendors selling the figures, so it's clear that these are really popular.

There was also a main theme exhibit dedicated to superheroes, both real life (firefighters, sheriff, CHP etc) and comic book. It was actually pretty good as those things go, although the information parts had to really skim over and discuss things in general from the last 80 years of comic book superheroes.

Sadly, no love for the Lord of Latveria though. They should have had your collection, IM!

Still waiting for my Funko POP Monster Hunter DOOM!
    I found mine when I happened to go to Wal Mart the other day. Usually Game Stop is my go to place for Marvel figures but there it was! The oldest one in that group is the Doom with the black eyes. His box number is 17 and today the numbers are up into 500. I'm not exactly sure how the assign those...perhaps by year? I am pretty sure they don't have 500 different Marvel figures. I have sometimes seen that one go for over $100 on eBay. Not that I would sell it.

I also have the Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock "Mirror, Mirror" episode figures along with Kang of course!

Here's one of my favorites in my collection and that is the Bowen Designs Doctor Doom full figure statue. Since I moved some years back I mostly keep in packed in its original box since I am afraid of it somehow getting broken! They also did just a mini-bust version of him. I have a whole cabinet of Bowens stuff. The latest one I got for Christmas from my brother, the other Marvel fan of the family, is of the Mandarin!

He went into the villains section of my curio cabinet. The only one that's not a Bowens statue is the Doctor Doom, which is also an unbreakable Diamond select.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-23-2022 at 12:01 AM.

I have that one too. That is the Doom figure with the Infinity Sword from the Marvel Superhero Squad show, which is a favorite of mine. I am so glad they added it to Disney Plus. I was watching a couple of episodes this past winter. Charlie Adler, who is a voice actor that has done a lot of work such as in the Transformers movies, was the voice of Doom. It was so hilariously OTT. In case you missed it, I posted a picture of some of them. Even though he has a figure I don't think Namor was ever on the show. I even have the in scale Galactus. If you recall George Takei did his voice. They had several celebrity voices as I recall.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/b54a5g.jpg
    Indeed. Truly wonderful. SHS will always have a soft spot in my heart, because they brought to life my favorite version of...

The Wasp

Unfortunately they never did a figure of her, at least not one that I ever found. She was cute!

And now for something completely different, my newest Doom Funko Pop - the Mech Strike Monster Hunter edition. He became my 7th Doom Funko figure and I have them all being overseen by the Diamond Select Doom diorama figure that came out last year as I recall.

That is so cool, Iron Maiden!

Your collection is incredible! How many Doom figures do you own exactly? I’m waiting for my Monster Hunter Doom to be delivered and it’be number ten for me… and I’m already running out of space!

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    [/CENTER]

That is so cool, Iron Maiden!

Your collection is incredible! How many Doom figures do you own exactly? I’m waiting for my Monster Hunter Doom to be delivered and it’be number ten for me… and I’m already running out of space!
    I know what you mean! I had to buy a new small shelf unit just for the Funkos but I have many different Funko likes. I have 2 Freddie Mercury Funkos for example...one with the yellow jacket that he wore on his last live tour with Queen at Wembley and the other is his Live Aid look. Then there's the Star Trek ones I mentioned along with the FF wave in addition to other random Marvel figures like Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Doctor Strange from the No Way Home movie plus a standard Doctor Strange, the silver Age Black Widow (think of artist Don Heck's version) and the Demonic Nun from the Conjuring movies, (I just happen to like those movies!) plus a Pennywise from It.

Here's a fairly recent photo of the Doom statues but I really need to update it....the very small Doom figure on the black base is from the Eaglemoss collection of figures. Because they were made out of lead they stopped importing the early versions. They have since gone into Marvel and DC chess sets IIRC. I've not found the Doom figure of that yet.

I took a more recent photo of some of the same figures except this one has the Retro Doom which I forgot to include in the above photo. This photo has the Retro Doom in a shot I took when I got the new Doom diorama figure from Diamond Select last year.

Here's my curio cabinet that I brought with me when I moved some dozen years ago. This is the lastest view since it includes the newest one of the Mandarin on the villains shelf. I got that for a Christmas present. Except for the Doom figure with the energy emitting hands, the rest are all from Bowen Designs.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-24-2022 at 01:43 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Doom as Black King chess set.jpg

Here's the Dr Doom King chess piece, IM.

Your collection is far more diverse than mine. I'm pretty close to 100% Doom, all Doom and nothing but Doom.

ALSO ... The Marvel One:12 Doctor Doom figure originally scheduled for release in April 2023 has actually moved up and will be shipping in Feb 2023, according to the Big Bad Toy Store. Good News!
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 06-24-2022 at 02:46 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Doom as Black King chess set.jpg

Here's the Dr Doom King chess piece, IM.

Your collection is far more diverse than mine. I'm pretty close to 100% Doom, all Doom and nothing but Doom.

ALSO ... The Marvel One:12 Doctor Doom figure originally scheduled for release in April 2023 has actually moved up and will be shipping in Feb 2023, according to the Big Bad Toy Store. Good News!
    Thanks Doomscribe for both the picture and the news about that new Doom figure! You should repost some of the pictures of your figures. I have a couple of them boxed away from years ago I should take pictures of and post. These were produced before Hasbro got the license IIRC.

Unfortunately I ordered direct from the site but I see they moved up the date there to Feb-April. I had to pay the deposit there and I think their shipping price is higher than Big Bad Toy Store. Since the deposit is not refundable, I can't cancel and order over there. I got my Iron Man Marvel Legends from there just today so he can pal up with my Doctor Doom. Will take a photo later just for fun.

Here's Marvel Legends Doctor Doom and Iron Man facing off, with a page from Heroes Reborn Iron Man #12 as the background...

So according to Richie Palmer, producer of DS MoM, the portal Reed used when he first appeared in the movie is actually Doom's time platform. A cool little detail and shows that the people in charge of MCU are well aware that Doom was already a time traveler long before Kang made abusing time his whole MO. Though this begs the question how did Reed get ahold of it? Did he made his own version or reverse engineer it or maybe Doom passed away in that universe? This may also mean Kang's time hopping tech is based on Doom's like it was implied in comics.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 06-25-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    So according to Richie Palmer, producer of DS MoM, the portal Reed used when he first appeared in the movie is actually Doom's time platform. A cool little detail and shows that the people in charge of MCU are well aware that Doom was already a time traveler long before Kang made abusing time his whole MO. Though this begs the question how did Reed get ahold of it? Did he made his own version or reverse engineer it or maybe Doom passed away in that universe? This may also mean Kang's time hopping tech is based on Doom's like it was implied in comics.
    Hooray! Finally a hint of Doctor Doom's existence in the MCU. What would have been a bit hilarious is if Julian McMahon would have had a cameo in the movie. Maybe his Doom comes from an AU along with the one played by Toby Kebbell.

I've been worried that Kang's earlier entrance in the MCU would overshadow Doom's time platform tech but it's good to know that it's already out there. I'd like to see it revealed that Kang really copies it.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-27-2022 at 08:25 AM.