Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I think the Howard Stern thing was probably a prank, but time will tell I suppose. It seems suspicious that the timing of it was just as rumors of a Doom appearance in the MCU started circulating on the web.

Meanwhile, a work in progress below ...
    2022-07-01 15.52.50-1.jpg

As I've probably mentioned before, there are oodles of Dr Doom miniatures like these and other statues that are not licensed floating around the web for purchase. Alternatively, you can purchase the digital file if you have a 3D printer and make yourself. These are small - like Heroclix size - and the first one in the photo above is actually titled "Dr Bad Vibes", no doubt to confound the lawyers.

Some are good, some are so-so. I've some free time so it's fun to paint them. Here they are primed before color -
    Legion miniatures Dr Doom 2022 pvc model primed.jpg

C27 Miniatures Dr Doom Bad Vibes pvc model 2022 primed2.jpg

I have one other that I'm waiting for. Will share the final project when done.
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow....that is a nicely done figure. Very detailed for its size. For the life of me I don't understand how 3D printers work. What materials do they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow....that is a nicely done figure. Very detailed for its size. For the life of me I don't understand how 3D printers work. What materials do they use?
    It's a PVC material. These are better than some because you can't see the layers. They lay down the liquid plastic in a bead, and if you look really close you can see the lines where one layer is laid next to another. If you look on YouTube you can see some time lapse videos of it being done.

The level of details varies from model to model. The one with his hand reaching out is more detailed than the other. Although some detail is lost when you start laying down layers of paint, sadly.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

So, who pre-ordered the big Dr. Doom omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    So, who pre-ordered the big Dr. Doom omnibus?
    Oh yeah I did!!! It was originally suppose to come out around my birthday in April and I was so excited thinking what a GREAT gift...then it got delayed...I hope it doesnt get delayed anymore lol

[QUOTE=DoomScribe;6104208]I think the Howard Stern thing was probably a prank, but time will tell I suppose. It seems suspicious that the timing of it was just as rumors of a Doom appearance in the MCU started circulating on the web.

I think there are 2 reasons why I can't shut the door on the rumor he said...one, its sooo random of a reference for him to say he is working on something Doom related and two, its because I can't let go the idea of wanting to see Doom get his own movie/tv show LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    I think the Howard Stern thing was probably a prank, but time will tell I suppose. It seems suspicious that the timing of it was just as rumors of a Doom appearance in the MCU started circulating on the web.

I think there are 2 reasons why I can't shut the door on the rumor he said...one, its sooo random of a reference for him to say he is working on something Doom related and two, its because I can't let go the idea of wanting to see Doom get his own movie/tv show LOL
    I saw someone bring this up on Twitter concerning the rumor....I wish I had thought of this.

This is what Howard's Stern role should be.....from Christopher Cantwell's Doom series (issue 01)

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-02-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Finished, mostly, I think ... The photos bring out errors I can't see, even with my magnifier. Coin for scale. These are difficult to paint.
    C27 and Legion Miniatures 2022 in painted 6.jpg

I like the idea of Dr Doom hanging Howard Stern from the rafters in a straight jacket and muzzle.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Yeah, I now I want to see that!

I can see why you have to take care painting. That is a small size, like the Hero Clix you mention.

Default Doom family relationships and ancestry - Part 4 (continued)

Continuing with the tangled character history of Kristoff Venard....

Kristoff Venard's life is turned upside down in Fantastic Four #278 when the now directionless Doombots decide that it is time to create a new Master for themselves and they enact one of Doom's contingency plans.

I thought this whole subplot with Kristoff being transfomed into a human version of a Doombot was dragged out far too long. It should have been rectified as soon as Doom's body was restored as a part of the first Secret Wars tie in with John Byrnes' Fantastic Four . This probably would have been the case had John Byrne stayed with Marvel. Kristoff/Doom attacked the Fantastic Four using the same attack that was used in Fantastic Four #6 in #278-278 and sent the Baxter Building into the upper atmosphere. The plot was thwarted and to their surprise the FF found that it was a young boy that was inside the armor that was constructed to make him appear to be adult sized. Reed decides to keep him under watch at the Baxter Building until he can figure out how to restore Kristoff's mind.

Byrne completes another step in restoring both characters to normal in FF #287 and #288 when the entanglement with the Beyonder is straightened out. But he left after issue #294 citing "internal office politics". This left the situation with Kristoff unresolved for quite some time and the tug of war between Kristoff/Doom and Doom himself drags out in Steve Englehart's Fantastic Four run, which is admittedly one of my least favorite runs on the title. Thankfully Walt Simonson finally resolves this entanglement in Fantastic Four #350 in just a couple of pages. But then Simonson also appears to have Kristoff killed in the famous time jumping battle between Reed and Doom in issue #352**

** This particular issue of the Fantastic Four was revisited in a glowing article in Time magazine back in 2001. You can check it out here
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-03-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

** This particular issue of the Fantastic Four was revisited in a glowing article in Time magazine back in 2001. You can check it out here
    bad link ... I'd like to read it. Is it behind a paywall?
    "Because ... I am Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    bad link ... I'd like to read it. Is it behind a paywall?
    I fixed it. I didn't paste the entire web address. it should work now http://content.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,104312,00.html

That was it - thanks!
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom

Finally some long needed love for our boy Kristoff.

tumblr_6d5ded869cf0bf6a631cf4d610de1bae_5e9deeeb_1280.jpg

He seems to be young, alive and kicking ass.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Thanks but what is this from???

On another front, Doom made and appearance in Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man & Hellcat Annual #1. This is a dream (nightmare? ) that Patsy is having ...

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-04-2022 at 11:30 AM.