Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks but what is this from???

Marvel's Voices: Young Avengers Infinity Comic (2022) #5 Paradise Lost

Seems is the first of a 5 part run focused on Iron Lad and the Young Avengers of course. So Kristoff is going to act as an antagonist.

Still seeing him fighting again, leading an army and wanting to build an empire fills me with life. For not talk about the implication of that are going to talk about their previous conection with Cassie Lang something I really wanted to see.

tumblr_629e184d784c35ca760475b60729de3f_be897f37_2048.jpg
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Coatl. I'm like you.....I remember how Kristoff and Cassie go way back to their "puppy love" in Tom DeFalco's Fantastic Four. I will probably give that some coverage in my continuing essay on Kristoff

From Fantastic Four #410

What find interesting here is how much faster Kristoff ages in these stories, especially compared to the Franklin the eternal child. At this point in time in FF #410, writer Tom DeFalco has aged up Franklin when Nathaniel Richards does some time travel manipulation to make him older. This version of Franklin was called Psi Lord. So here you have Franklin aged up both mentally and physically. Kristoff was aged up mentally but not physically. He thinks in more complex ways even though his age here is given as twelve. Probably part of Doom's intellect remains embedded in his brain functions.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-05-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Howard would make a great Dr Doom.
    It seems as though people have taken my silly comment seriously.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Everyone’s taking this Howard Stern thing too seriously.

It’s pretty obvious to me it was either a prank or, if he really is involved (for a cameo for example) it might be a maneuver by Marvel to feed the rumors, it was just soooo random and we know Marvel knows how to tease us and definetely knows how to build the hype to sell their movies!

I think the internet is a bit hyperventilating about Doom lately. There’s a reason I don’t believe any of the rumors going on right now: I don’t wanna rise my expectations just to have them crushed as soon as Black Panther comes out! I want to be surprised, not disappointed! I’m gonna go with the MJ strategy: If you expect disappointment, then you can never really get disappointed! XD

And in the end, we just need to be patient… we’re gonna see Doom for sure, and pretty soon I might add. We had Mr Fantastic on screen already, we had Doom’s time platform, Fantastic Four movie’s been officially announced... there can’t be the Fantastic Four without Doom either as the main antagonist or a recurring character, that’s too ludicrous to even think of! Plus, I think it’s pretty obvious the MCU is heading toward Secret Wars, we even got the threat of colliding universes introduced in Doctor Strange 2.

Let’s wait and see what Kevin Feige has to say at Comic Con (that is unless the world ends before that)

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It seems as though people have taken my silly comment seriously.
    Well, maybe a little. But I still think it would be funny if Howard Stern plays the role of the obnoxious reporter and faces Doom's wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Everyone’s taking this Howard Stern thing too seriously.

It’s pretty obvious to me it was either a prank or, if he really is involved (for a cameo for example) it might be a maneuver by Marvel to feed the rumors, it was just soooo random and we know Marvel knows how to tease us and definetely knows how to build the hype to sell their movies!

I think the internet is a bit hyperventilating about Doom lately. There’s a reason I don’t believe any of the rumors going on right now: I don’t wanna rise my expectations just to have them crushed as soon as Black Panther comes out! I want to be surprised, not disappointed! I’m gonna go with the MJ strategy: If you expect disappointment, then you can never really get disappointed! XD

And in the end, we just need to be patient… we’re gonna see Doom for sure, and pretty soon I might add. We had Mr Fantastic on screen already, we had Doom’s time platform, Fantastic Four movie’s been officially announced... there can’t be the Fantastic Four without Doom either as the main antagonist or a recurring character, that’s too ludicrous to even think of! Plus, I think it’s pretty obvious the MCU is heading toward Secret Wars, we even got the threat of colliding universes introduced in Doctor Strange 2.
    Let’s wait and see what Kevin Feige has to say at Comic Con (that is unless the world ends before that)
    I'm not all that serious about it. It's probably because I am not a big Howard Stern fan that I took an eye rolling look at the story. But I am going to wait and see what comes out of the Comic Con since that has been where a lot of Marvel's announcements are made. I am really more interested to see if some of the click bait rumors might be correct and Daniel Craig has been cast as Doom. There is a noticeable gap on his IMDB page for 2022-2023. The Knives Out sequel is in post production and the next one is scheduled for 2024.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-05-2022 at 08:34 AM.

I am really more interested to see if some of the click bait rumors might be correct and Daniel Craig has been cast as Doom. There is a noticeable gap on his IMDB page for 2022-2023. The Knives Out sequel is in post production and the next one is scheduled for 2024.
    And he just quitted James Bond so he's free now to join a new franchise. I must say this rumor about Daniel Craig intrigues me too
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 07-05-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Yeah, I keep hoping we get an A-Lister so to speak for the casting. Doom had been miscast a couple of times by Fox....Julian McMahon and Toby Kebbell and you won't put them in the same category as a lot of Marvel's choices. Julian McMahon has been good in other things as has Toby Kebbell. But they were also given a poorly written version of the character to begin with.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I keep hoping we get an A-Lister so to speak for the casting. Doom had been miscast a couple of times by Fox....Julian McMahon and Toby Kebbell and you won't put them in the same category as a lot of Marvel's choices. Julian McMahon has been good in other things as has Toby Kebbell. But they were also given a poorly written version of the character to begin with.
    I tend to think no actor (A list or otherwise) could have done much better as Doom in the prior movies. There just was not much to work with character-wise and McMahon/Kebbell did as well as anyone could with what they had. The screenplay, writing, and director are the key to making this all work. A decent actor will look amazing with good direction/writing, but the opposite rarely works. The original Star Wars had a large number of nobodies (at the time) in the main cast yet it resonated on an emotional level because it was just a good movie and story.

I am encouraged that the MCU has built an extremely strong track record of quality for a franchise of its scale. Far more hits than misses, including the TV series they are putting out. So, fingers crossed we will finally get what we want!

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

I don't need to see an A-Lister, in fact an A-Lister might not be the way to go... I don't want them constantly taking the mask off for "face time" like a lot of actors do. Find someone who will wear the mask... it's a huge part of who Victor is.

Most of the cast of "The Lord of the Rings" weren't A-Listers... but there is no doubt in my mind that they were the right people for the parts. Sean Connery turning down Gandalf for Sir Ian was a blessing.

Oh I agree, it doesn't have to be an A-List actor. But it would be cool if it is Daniel Craig. Nobody knew Tom Hiddleston from Charles Middleton (checking to see if there are any movie trivia movie fans out there) but he nailed it as Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    I don't need to see an A-Lister, in fact an A-Lister might not be the way to go... I don't want them constantly taking the mask off for "face time" like a lot of actors do. Find someone who will wear the mask... it's a huge part of who Victor is.

Most of the cast of "The Lord of the Rings" weren't A-Listers... but there is no doubt in my mind that they were the right people for the parts. Sean Connery turning down Gandalf for Sir Ian was a blessing.
    The actor in the suit should be a stunt actor, with a voice actor providing voice work for Doom. The original Darth Vader method. Avoid all actor's ego and contracts about face time on screen and specifically contract an actor to do the voice work and a stunt actor for the suit acting.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

In case you missed it, Dr Doom makes a last page appearance in Captain America Symbol of Truth #2 (not to be confused with the other title, Captain America Sentinel of Liberty) out now. A larger appearance in issue #3 should be expected:
    Captain America Symbol of Truth #02 page 21.jpg

Captain America Symbol of Truth #02 last page.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks Doomscribe. I meant to add that. And with Deadpool involved you know some kind of silliness will likely occur. I do recall that in Doomwar, when Doom got powered up by Bast he encountered Deadpool and snapped his neck. Of course he survived. Usually when Doom really doesn't think much of an opponent, he will not bother to use any of his weapons array on them

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-07-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Just popping in to say that I've commissioned another Von Doom family portrait piece this time with an older Kristoff and Victor, I will share here once it's complete since it's going to be a detailed piece the artist is taking their time but I'm super excited about it! It will be much more somber than the first piece of Von Doom royal family art, with young Kristoff.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it. I have a collection of art, some of which I bought at the C2E2 convention in Chicago.

One year I met Mark Bagley and I had a sketch done by him. The pictured I took of him was with my old camera so it's a bit fuzzy looking.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-07-2022 at 06:36 PM.