Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 1,216 to 1,227 of 1227

Congratulations to Iron Maiden, this week's Cover Contest Winner!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks....I had a long drought and was glad to win the last contest of 2022!

The Jack Kirby's Doctor Doom statue by Semic Studio is available for pre-order on BigBadToyStore. Price is 360$ and shipping's due for the 3rd quarter of 2023. They've been very kind to let me know, but I have to decline the offer :P
    Move quickly if you're interested 'cause, according to the manufacturer, it is swiftly selling out.

I saw that too and was put off by the price. Doomscribe and I are still waiting for another Doom statue that required a nonrefundable deposit and I regret doing that because it's getting on to about a year ago that I placed the order. I am afraid that if they don't get enough orders to make a decent profit it may never be done.

The WIP looks OK but IMO he's a bit thin. Kirby's Doom has some bulk to him when armored up. This is probably the image the sculpter is going by....

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-28-2022 at 11:51 PM.

The good doctor appears as a chess piece on the last page of Timeless this week.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I guess I will have to get used to it but it seems like because Kang is a big deal now in the MCU, the same will be true in comics. Kang was always a "spin off" of Doom and for years there was some doubt if he descended from Victor von Doom or the Richards family tree. I think that's what it has settled on...except for who the mother would be.

But I did like their sort of team up in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series. And Doom did get the best of him there.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The good doctor appears as a chess piece on the last page of Timeless this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I guess I will have to get used to it but it seems like because Kang is a big deal now in the MCU, the same will be true in comics. Kang was always a "spin off" of Doom and for years there was some doubt if he descended from Victor von Doom or the Richards family tree. I think that's what it has settled on...except for who the mother would be.

But I did like their sort of team up in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series. And Doom did get the best of him there.

Honestly, I find Kang confusing. And he definitely no DOOM!

I think Doom showing up as a chess piece at the end means he'll have a big role next year. Also Sinister and Ultron? Plus there's a third piece but I couldn't recognize him.

spoilers:
    Kang is the fourth piece, knocked over, cause he gets taken out and stripped of pretty much of everything, and maybe dying. Very odd place for Kang in the comic, considering his big role in the MCU this year.
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Yes, I wanted the inside of the cape to be darker too. The energy blast was made using a UV cure resin drizzled onto a plate. But for some reason the resin dye I'd added disappeared or just made the resin cloudy. But I liked the shape, plus it is paper thin, so I just added some paint for color.

Thanks for all the positive comments!

ds
    Thank you for sharing! Love seeing your work! I've definitely learned a lot from your talented customization.

Doctor Doom head:
    Attachment 127573

A few years ago Hasbro HasLabs made this colossal Galactus figure, it was fully funded and was available for sale (originally around $400, now going for $600 to 900 on ebay) and it had an alternative Dr Doom head. It was pretty expensive and about 32 inches tall, and I wasn't really interested in getting the whole thing, even with the Doom head. You might have seen this:
    Attachment 127574

But some folks are selling their Doom head and I got one off of ebay for relatively cheap, just arrived today. It's a pretty normal sculpt, although the eyes are kind of weird - sort of computer-ish. And the cloak is purple (sort of mauve) which I'm not too fond of. I was thinking I could make a simple base to display it on, but then I was wondering, do I paint the cloak a proper green? It's all the same plastic and plastic rubbery stuff of other Hasbro figures, just super sized. The head is about 4 1/2" square. I don't think I'd modify the mask or even the creepy eyes at all.

What do you think?

Attachment 127575

Wow. I didn't know this was available. I knew about the Limited Edition Galactus.

If it were me, I'd only paint the cloak green if you were going to redo the eyes and make it a regular Doom. The purple cloak helps explain the square Galactus eyes.

Those eyes are really weird.....square pupils??!? I think I would have bought this figure if Hasbro made it smaller (and at a much lower price) and Doom could be bought separately as a variant figure. I'd be happy to have them do a Doom figure in the regular Marvel Legends line.

For those who aren't famililar with the source, there was an AU Doctor Doom that appeard in issue #6 of Chip Zdarsky's Marvel 2 in One (2018) that became that universe's Galactus

Ah. I didn't realize that's where it was from. Cool. I just got that book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Say goodbye to the 2022 Doctor Doom Appreciation thread. I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year, and hope to see you somewhere nearby in 2023!

Marvel Fanfare 33 pg 30 pinup.jpg

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Happy New Year to you all and i'll just have to get a thread kicked off for 2023 when this one gets locked down.

Happy New Year to you all and i'll just have to get a thread kicked off for 2023 when this one gets locked down.
    Not if I get there first!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Say goodbye to the 2022 Doctor Doom Appreciation thread. I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year, and hope to see you somewhere nearby in 2023!

Marvel Fanfare 33 pg 30 pinup.jpg

ds
    Happy New Year ... Eve!

It's rainy here, and I've never been a big drinking party goer, so enjoying the countdown shows and my virtual pals.

Awesome! Can't believe another year has flown by.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Not if I get there first!
    Hey!