Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1227
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I’m starting to feel a repulsion for Kang. And I’m not happy about that, ‘cause I used to love Kang! He is a cool character, but he has no right to hijack Doom stories. He rides on Doom’s coattails! He wouldn’t even be Kang if it weren’t for Doom’s time machine! And I agree with you: he’s been a pretty underwhelming villain so far, I can’t feel the threat. Let’s see how he fairs in Quantumania, but I don’t have big expectations.

As for Wakanda Forever, I saw the movie and I can tell you I really enjoyed it. Loved Namor. There have been moments when I would have punched him in the face so I guess they did him right XD But, yeah, it takes a lot from Doomwar especially in the beginning, the premices are the same.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Have a great day!
    Thanks to both you and Doom'nGloom!

I will be seeing Wakanda Forever on Saturday and I am really looking forward to seeing Namor. I am just getting tired of all these other characters entering the MCU and still no sign of Doom. Not even a hint of interest from Kevin Feige but then he probably doesn't want to reveal too much. I just hope that all of his main storylines get don't hijacked in the meantime! I forgot that we already had Tony Stark as the inventor of Time Travel .

The bad thing is that as mentioned earlier, Doom is appearing less and less in the comics and there's been very little new Doom merchandise on the horizon other than the Tyrant Skies book. Why can't they make another Doom action figure. I doubt it would ever happen but since Doom 2099 appeared in Savage Avengers I wish they would make an action figure of him!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-27-2022 at 12:48 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

If I ever bite the bullet and invest in 3D modeling and printing, the first thing I'm going to try to do is make a Doom 2099 figure. Years ago I modified a 10 inch Dr Doom toy into a Doom 2099 ...
    Doom 2099 custom paint from 10 inch Dr Doom.jpg

and there are some other custom models and figures I've seen but none for sale (one-offs are very pricey).

So, one day, maybe ... if I do it, I will send you one, IM.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks for the offer Doomscribe!

In other news that's not exactly "new", I noticed that they revealed a variant cover for a new large volume of collected works using the cover of Fantastic Four Annual #2 which of course features Doom's origin story. In fact you could say Fantastic Four Annual #2 was an all Doom issue Once again, here we have Marvel is using Doom to promote a product

The Best Marvel Stories by Stan Lee

(W) Stan Lee, Various (A) Jack Binder, Various (CA) Jack Kirby
    Face Front, True Believers, and treasure this celebration of the incredible career
    of Stan Lee! More than 70 years of stories featuring dozens of Lee's beloved co- including Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Avengers, Daredevil
    and Nick Fury - all in his signature, senses-shattering style! These astonishing
    tales of suspense, horror, fantasy, romance, comedy, cowboys, super heroics and
    more prove beyond doubt that Stan is "The Man!" Collects dozens of stories and
    material from over 50 different comics from the 1940s to the 1980s!
    In Shops: Nov 30, 2022
    SRP: $100.00
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-25-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Did a different version of one of the little models I painted awhile back. This one is battle-damaged Doom! I modified the model by making some holes and other damage. I painted the base to show active fires and other burning damage. I also did something different with the paint color on the cape.
    Battle-damaged Dr Doom bad vibes model 5.jpg

Usually I paint the cape very dark inside, but I recently saw a piece of art where the artist had made the cape bright green inside so I tried that here. Here is the battle damaged version next to the original.
    C27 original and battle damage 2 2022-11-25.jpg

I think I'm getting better at painting too. Here's the back of the cape.
    Battle-damaged Dr Doom bad vibes model 3.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Behold! The power of DOOM! I just found this while surfing them internets! Thought I would share it with the rest of you. The art was done by John Byrne.

DOOM.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Behold! The power of DOOM! I just found this while surfing them internets! Thought I would share it with the rest of you. The art was done by John Byrne.

DOOM.jpg
    That piece has been floating around the interwebs for awhile, but always fun to see. A commission from John Byrne, I have a version from 2012 with slightly different coloring
    JLA vs Dr Doom by JB colored.jpg

Here's the uncolored version from 2009:
    Doctor Doom by John Byrne 2 vs JLA.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    That piece has been floating around the interwebs for awhile, but always fun to see. A commission from John Byrne, I have a version from 2012 with slightly different coloring
    JLA vs Dr Doom by JB colored.jpg

Here's the uncolored version from 2009:
    Doctor Doom by John Byrne 2 vs JLA.jpg
    Nice, it's so interesting to see because the piece feels like a flipside of what happened to Doom in JLA/Avengers #3.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

IM got me thinking, so for my next project I'm going to try to turn one of these

Screenshot 2022-11-26 16.36.09.jpg

into this ...

Doom 2099 by Pat Broderick.jpg

I was looking for an existing model to work from, but none of the 3D printed models really work. Of the Doctor Doom figures, this is pretty darn close. I bought a figure open box for reasonably cheap, which is good cuz I'll be chopping it up some. I'll let you know if it works.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Looking forward to seeing the progress on that one!

Finished a new model, well, not totally new. This is the same sculpt that I did in September, just a lot smaller. I made a huge mistake on this too, but hopefully it's not too noticeable (fixed as best as I could). This one I decided to do in the more traditional green, with switching out for a brighter green inside the cape.
    2022-11-29 Doom small.jpg

Here it is next to the big one in the Emperor God Doom colors. Because it is so much smaller there was some loss in detail. But this one is not as small as some of Marvel game pieces like the one I recently repainted.
    2022-11-29 Doom small and big.jpg

Also, this one came in only two pieces - the figure and the base were separate. The bigger one had 8 pieces just of the cape. Because of that this one was more difficult to paint ... the inside of the cape was really difficult because of all the folds!

2022-11-29 16.31.31.jpg

I do find the work of painting these fun and relaxing, and I'm already looking forward to the next project.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 11-29-2022 at 08:43 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

I was reading my What If's and I now want a CAPTAIN DOOM saga. It looks like it could be fun.

Skrull.jpgDoom.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-29-2022 at 09:18 PM.

It could be called Captain Latveria...except I think Doom would rather be a General!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It could be called Captain Latveria...except I think Doom would rather be a General!
    Kneel before DOOM!

Also...Doctors...

Doom vs Who.jpg

For those who haven't bought it or seen it, here's the entirety of the sleeve cover to the Doctor Doom Omnibus including the blurbs and flaps
    Doctor Doom The Book of Doom Omnibus full cover.jpg

and the book binding front back and middle underneath (thanks to IM for the reveal) - heavy with Books of Doom artwork
    Doctor Doom Omnibus book binding fnb.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

I haven't bought many of the omnibus versions or some that were presents. I have one of the Jonathan Hickman Fantastic Four volumes, a JMS Thor Omnibus, 75 years of Marvel Omnibus and Joss Whedon X-men Omnibus. But the Doctor Doom one is put together the best with all the extra features such as those you are showing. And they really have a lot of other stuff they could put in a second volume which would be much smaller since this one is about 2000 pages. IIRC it doesn't have stuff like Infamous Iron Man (which I don't have in TPB form) but I do have both TPBs of Cantwell's Doctor Doom series.
    But I was glad to get Books of Doom in a collected version by having the omnibus since I missed out on getting the TPB.