Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So this crossover that started in Super-Villain Team-up #9 then bounces back to Super-Villain-Team-up #10 where Cap shows Doom that the trail leads to the Red Skull, who is probably the only unredeemable Marvel villain. His Nazi roots will forever keep him on the dark side. Marvel really doesn't use him very much these days but he was revived in Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America series in issue #30.

This battle would run for 3 issues in Super-Villain Team Up and eventually Doom and the Red Skull will have their final battle on the Moon. In the earlier Doom series in Astonishing Tales #5 the Red Skull also briefly took over Latveria while Doom was away on holiday on the French Riveria. A monarch has to have some leisure time after all. In an ironic twist of fate, both Namor and Doctor Doom disappear from the SVTU title and the final issues would feature the Red Skull. One thing that has annoyed me a bit over the years is that Marvel has mostly downplayed Doom's Romani heritage. The Red Skull is his natural enemy. If we go back to the original era of Doom's origin, his family would have been in peril of the Nazis but some issues of the comics have inferred that the corrupt monarchy of Latveria at the time were Nazi sympathizers.
    Definitely, an all-time classic. Still love when both Doom & Cap saved each other after being shrunk (LOL):

When I was around 12 I got a subscription to Fantastic Four. I think the first issue was # 70 with the Thinker's Android menacing Sue (who'd recently announced being pregnant). I had been buying them at the stand about 5 issues prior, when I 'discovered' them.
    This cover with DD, Thor and Spidey was memorable and the story.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This is genius! Doom on a motorcyle in this week's Ghost Rider #5. This is part of some mysterious motorcyle rally

This is genius! Doom on a motorcyle in this week's Ghost Rider #5. This is part of some mysterious motorcyle rally

Lol I have no idea what this is about but it looks WILD.

I only bought this today on the Marvel app because I saw the preview page.

Now my head canon is sayint to me that Doom takes his "chopper" out for rides at night on the Autobahn. Or maybe he's had a no speed limit highway built in Latveria....the Doom-bahn.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

One of my old motorcycles:
    IMG_7499.jpg

Doom VS2.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

Doctor Doom doesn't ride a chopper, that's an American thing. I imagine his bike probably flies, so speed limits are no limits.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Here's the next model I'm going to paint:

2022-08-05 18.16.53.jpg

Just arrived today. It's about 5 inches tall. Not as big as the last one but lots of detail. Here's how some others have painted it:

2022 Dr Doom PVC model bust fan painted detail.jpg

Not sure yet if I'll go with that color choice yet.

Also, I have to share this which is for sale on Etsy because ... well, it's hysterical.
    Fantastic Four Reed Richards gag toy.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 08-05-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    One of my old motorcycles:
    IMG_7499.jpg

Doom VS2.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

Doctor Doom doesn't ride a chopper, that's an American thing. I imagine his bike probably flies, so speed limits are no limits.
    You're probably right. This comic doesn't show where Doom finished in this race so maybe we'll find out in the next issue.

Love your bike! I've never ridden on one and I'm getting too old to try it now! I'd probably fall off. I should stick to bicycles like PeeWee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Here's the next model I'm going to paint:

2022-08-05 18.16.53.jpg

Just arrived today. It's about 5 inches tall. Not as big as the last one but lots of detail. Here's how some others have painted it:

2022 Dr Doom PVC model bust fan painted detail.jpg

Not sure yet if I'll go with that color choice yet.

Also, I have to share this which is for sale on Etsy because ... well, it's hysterical.
    Fantastic Four Reed Richards gag toy.jpg
    He looks like blue licorice whips!

I assume you will be doing the 3D printing again. I haven't researched that in my area yet.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-05-2022 at 09:02 PM.

The latest Sideshow Doctor Doom maquette has finally arrived! It was delayed almost a year.

2022-08-06 14.19.18.jpg

It's bigger than I thought it would be, but I built a whole room for this. But even the Den of Madness is running out of display space. That's a full size poster behind him that I've no place to hang at the moment.

2022-08-06 14.18.47.jpg

The sculpt is very nice, not as ornate as other models but the eyes are the correct color. The cloak and the banners are cloth, but the hood is sculpted. It goes together well. There is a optional head that has the more modern rounded eyepieces. The cloak is lined at the bottom with wire so you can position it as you wish.
    2022-08-06 13.56.42.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Wow.....that is one huge statue! It's weird how their are still some shipping delays with things. The Mezco Doctor Doom is the next one we can expect to get next year. It's pretty big but not THAT big

Here's a reminder for those who want one. Previeworld listed the Doctor Doom Omnibus will be shipping to comic shops August 17th. So be sure to let your LCS know that you want one!

Bow before the grandeur of Doctor Doom! The greatest villain of all is celebrated in a tome of tyranny six decades in the making! Featuring the Latverian ruler's first battle with the accursed Reed Richards and his Fantastic Four - and their most epic clashes since! Plus: Doom's unforgettable encounters with Spider-Man, Iron Man, the X-Men and the Avengers! A trip to hell with Doctor Strange! The power of the Beyonder! Victor von Doom's incredible life story contained in the Books of Doom! And more tales of the Lord of Latveria! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #5-6, #39-40, #246-247, #258, #278-279, #350 and #352; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #5; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #20; GIANT-SIZE SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #1-2; SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #13-14; CHAMPIONS (1975) #16; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) #14; UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #145-147; IRON MAN (1968) #149-150; MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #10-12; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: EMPEROR DOOM; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DOCTOR STRANGE AND DOCTOR DOOM - TRIUMPH AND TORMENT; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #67-70 and #500; FANTASTIC FOUR SPECIAL and BOOKS OF DOOM #1-6 - plus material from FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #236, #358 and ANNUAL #2; ASTONISHING TALES (1970) #1-3 and #6-8 and MARVEL DOUBLE-SHOT #2.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-06-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Giancarlo Esposito revealed there have been talks over at Marvel about him playing Magneto, Doctor Freeze? (I guess he meant Mr Freeze over at DC, not a bad fit though), Doctor Doom and Professor X. He is not a bad fit for Doom but I prefer a Romani actor and not a repetition of the case with Wanda/Pietro. But it's encouraging to know Marvel is looking for a Doom which means we'll probably see him sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Giancarlo Esposito revealed there have been talks over at Marvel about him playing Magneto, Doctor Freeze? (I guess he meant Mr Freeze over at DC, not a bad fit though), Doctor Doom and Professor X. He is not a bad fit for Doom but I prefer a Romani actor and not a repetition of the case with Wanda/Pietro. But it's encouraging to know Marvel is looking for a Doom which means we'll probably see him sooner rather than later.
    I totally agree with this. He's a good actor but I prefer someone who would fit the description of Romani. The only actor I can think of is one from the past. Yul Brynner always claimed to be a Romani but some were skeptical of that. There was that one rumour that Daniel Craig was being considered and I think that would be an interesting choice. There was that alleged leaked photo of a screen test of Doom but number one it's never been proved to be genuine and secondly if it were, they could have been using a stand in. I was skeptical of the leaked photo of Kraskinski as Reed for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness but that one turned out to be true.

The interesting thing about this is there is a scene of a freighter that appears in the Wakanda Forever trailer. This shot sort of looks like it could be taking place either on the deck or the hold of a ship.

Scene from the trailer

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2022 at 08:08 AM.

I totally agree with this. He's a good actor but I prefer someone who would fit the description of Romani. The only actor I can think of is one from the past. Yul Brynner always claimed to be a Romani but some were skeptical of that. There was that one rumour that Daniel Craig was being considered and I think that would be an interesting choice. There was that alleged leaked photo of a screen test of Doom but number one it's never been proved to be genuine and secondly if it were, they could have been using a stand in. I was skeptical of the leaked photo of Kraskinski as Reed for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness but that one turned out to be true.

The interesting thing about this is there is a scene of a freighter that appears in the Wakanda Forever trailer. This shot sort of looks like it could be taking place either on the deck or the hold of a ship.

Scene from the trailer

I don't have any Romani actor in mind but I'm not worried about who they pick as long as the person playing Doom is Romani. I'd love to see a well known actor as Doom but Marvel is really good at picking relatively unknown actors for important roles which then become synonymous with the chosen actors like Loki and Tom Hiddleston so I'm good either way. I just hate it when characters are whitewashed in superhero movies. I hated it when DC did it with Ra's al Ghul and Bane and Marvel did it with Wanda/Pietro and Ancient One. I don't want Doom to be another victim of that trend. Giancarlo Esposito is a minority himself but I still want to see a Romani in the role.

That would be my preference also. I don't have much hope that the MCU will do a full blown origin of Doom....they never really have for most of their villains....even though we think he deserves one. I can understand why Wanda and Pietro didn't get one because even in the comics their origin is really messed up and changed a few times. If they get as lucky with a relative unknown with Loki that is as good as Tom HIddleston, I will be really happy about that.

And now for something completely different, artist Alex Maleev has dropped a new Doom painting on his Twitter. It's been a while since he's done Doom but he did them pretty regularly when he was doing Infamous Iron Man, one of my favorite Doom series. I hope he puts this one in his store as a print to purchase.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't have any Romani actor in mind but I'm not worried about who they pick as long as the person playing Doom is Romani. I'd love to see a well known actor as Doom but Marvel is really good at picking relatively unknown actors for important roles which then become synonymous with the chosen actors like Loki and Tom Hiddleston so I'm good either way. I just hate it when characters are whitewashed in superhero movies. I hated it when DC did it with Ra's al Ghul and Bane and Marvel did it with Wanda/Pietro and Ancient One. I don't want Doom to be another victim of that trend. Giancarlo Esposito is a minority himself but I still want to see a Romani in the role.
    Well I get how much his Roma background is integral to the overall makeup of Doom, but I also feel like Marvel will look at actors like Nikolaj Coster-Waldeau...someone who has an Eastern European flair and can be a hell of a presence behind the mask. Whomever plays Doom needs to realize that it will be a voice/presence overall and not see his face once that mask goes on....maybe some seared flesh under the eyes but his presence should send fear into everyone....