Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Doom has a surprise one panel appearance in Judgment Day #4 today for anyone interested. I think it's quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think these are for the closested comic book fans! I think a different color scheme would help, one that was more like Doomscribe's example has. Maybe they had to conform to the "Stan Smith" line's standard, whatever that is. There has been a lack of Doom merchandise for a while so maybe this is a sign that Marvel Disney wants to start new tie ins for the pending arrival of Doom to the MCU. I am skeptical about it being in one of those end credits scenes in Wakanda Forever like all the click bait sites have been touting. But I am willing to be wrong about that.

I'd rather to see a new Doctor Doom shirt come out anyway.
    I think too many sites have said this to NOT be real...cause if for some reason, Doom isn't the reason Wakanda and Talocan go to war, then I honestly don't know what project he would first appear in. It makes sense...if you look at it from the perspective that Phase 4 is essentially Phase 1 of a new trilogy...who appeared at the end of Phase 1 in Avengers mid credit? Thanos in a non speaking, non celebrity performance.

Who could show up to kick off Phases 4 - 6 in a mid-credit capacity? Doom...then while Kang deals with the cosmic side of things, Doom establishes his earthly presence all the time, aware of what Kang is capable of...throughout Phase 5 and 6, Doom builds up his power and knowledge...at the end of Kang Dynasty, Doom rips the skeleton out of Kang, takes his power(s), and becomes God Emperor Doom, and leads right into Secret Wars....

Picture Phase 7 NOT with a defeated Doom, but a world where Doom rules supreme and the heroes live in that....

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I would love for Doom to appear in Wakanda Forever in an end credits scene or even earlier in the film itself. It's just that these click bait sites have a spotty accuracy record. I will be going to the movie anyway because Namor, or at least this new MCU version will be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Doom has a surprise one panel appearance in Judgment Day #4 today for anyone interested. I think it's quite amusing.
    Thanks! I will have to add that to my list for today. I do recall writert Kieron Gillen saying in an interview a couple of months ago that he was putting in a brief appearance of Doom. But it wasn't given what issue it would be.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-14-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    I think too many sites have said this to NOT be real...cause if for some reason, Doom isn't the reason Wakanda and Talocan go to war, then I honestly don't know what project he would first appear in. It makes sense...if you look at it from the perspective that Phase 4 is essentially Phase 1 of a new trilogy...who appeared at the end of Phase 1 in Avengers mid credit? Thanos in a non speaking, non celebrity performance.

Who could show up to kick off Phases 4 - 6 in a mid-credit capacity? Doom...then while Kang deals with the cosmic side of things, Doom establishes his earthly presence all the time, aware of what Kang is capable of...throughout Phase 5 and 6, Doom builds up his power and knowledge...at the end of Kang Dynasty, Doom rips the skeleton out of Kang, takes his power(s), and becomes God Emperor Doom, and leads right into Secret Wars....
    I agree. All the way down the line.
    I still hope for a Black Panther appearance… simply because that’s where I’d make him debut if I were Marvel. It’s simply perfect for Doom. And not getting any news or hints about Doom neither at Comic Con nor at D23 means two things: there’s either no chance in seeing Doom for years (and it seems strange to me, ‘cause Doom’s a character who needs a steady and thoughtful build-up) OR it’s gonna happen very very soon.

Picture Phase 7 NOT with a defeated Doom, but a world where Doom rules supreme and the heroes live in that....
    IMHO, there’s a reason why they chose Secret Wars to end phase 6: it’s the perfect story to put an end to the MCU. It’s the ideal closing. They need to take a break, they can’t go on forever like this, we’re already seeing cracks… Secret Wars would allow them to put the old MCU aside, take a deep breath and maybe reboot it. With the F4 in the lead: they are the first family, after all.
    Endgame left us with an MCU in disarray… Hickman’s Secret Wars’ ending is full of hope for a new start.

But you know what? I just realized I don’t care where Doom’s gonna show up or IF he ever will, there’s just so much Doom in the comics and books! Old stuff I’m just discovering lately and new things coming out… who cares about MCU! I need another life just to track down all his appearances!

I’ve read it. It’s amazing! It sums Doom up perfectly! XD

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    It is. I like how he doesn't even give a proper answer. He simply laughs and doesn't even acknowledge the Celestial.

I still hope for a Black Panther appearance… simply because that’s where I’d make him debut if I were Marvel. It’s simply perfect for Doom. And not getting any news or hints about Doom neither at Comic Con nor at D23 means two things: there’s either no chance in seeing Doom for years (and it seems strange to me, ‘cause Doom’s a character who needs a steady and thoughtful build-up) OR it’s gonna happen very very soon.

IMHO, there’s a reason why they chose Secret Wars to end phase 6: it’s the perfect story to put an end to the MCU. It’s the ideal closing. They need to take a break, they can’t go on forever like this, we’re already seeing cracks… Secret Wars would allow them to put the old MCU aside, take a deep breath and maybe reboot it. With the F4 in the lead: they are the first family, after all.
    Endgame left us with an MCU in disarray… Hickman’s Secret Wars’ ending is full of hope for a new start.

But you know what? I just realized I don’t care where Doom’s gonna show up or IF he ever will, there’s just so much Doom in the comics and books! Old stuff I’m just discovering lately and new things coming out… who cares about MCU! I need another life just to track down all his appearances!

My only concern with Doom in the MCU is never hearing the words ever uttered by Feige in ANY interview that I have been able to research. To the best of my knowledge, his only acknowledgement came from Noah Hawley when he said Feige approached him. To this day, it bothers me that a character of Doom's sheer magnitude hasn't become an immediate focus for Marvel Studios. So I have to wonder if Doom doesn't show up in WF nor any of Phase 5 projects, then its clear he isn't a priority for Marvel and maybe Feige doesn't even like him....

It is. I like how he doesn't even give a proper answer. He simply laughs and doesn't even acknowledge the Celestial.
    I did pick this up today.....for those who don't want to spend $4.99 for one panel, here it is. Which reminds me...I'd rather see another Doom mini series than spending $$$ to get a random appearance here or there, with mixed results. I hope this means that Doom will have more page time in the next issue since he passed.

....and another last page appearance by Doom in Midnight Suns #1. It appears that he willl have a more prominent role here, I hope.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-14-2022 at 09:10 PM.

My only concern with Doom in the MCU is never hearing the words ever uttered by Feige in ANY interview that I have been able to research. To the best of my knowledge, his only acknowledgement came from Noah Hawley when he said Feige approached him. To this day, it bothers me that a character of Doom's sheer magnitude hasn't become an immediate focus for Marvel Studios. So I have to wonder if Doom doesn't show up in WF nor any of Phase 5 projects, then its clear he isn't a priority for Marvel and maybe Feige doesn't even like him....
    You are exactly right. That interview with Noah Hawley is the only one I've ever seen. I am hopeful that Doom will be present in some form in Wakanda Forever even if they only mention his name or the country of Latveria. And some of the story that's been revealed so far is suspiciously like the Doomwar mini series from a while back.

My fear is Doom will get a radical makeover for the MCU like we've already seen with Namor. Now he's not even Atlantean...he looks more Mayan to me! I sometimes lurk over at the tumblr site and many fans there are concerned that Doom will lose his Roma heritage in the MCU. Unfortunately I can see that happening too. Even the other 2 versions of Doom in the movies danced around that. They finally tossed it in for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. In the most recent version with Toby Kebbell we briefly saw a dossier that mentioned Latveria.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-14-2022 at 09:14 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

At my local comic book store, the proprietors were telling me that FF had already been cast, and Doom was being played by Henry Cavill. But then they realized it was another unfounded internet rumor.

https://www.looper.com/1004265/henry...d23-expo-2022/

The more nothing is known, the more rumors will fly.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    At my local comic book store, the proprietors were telling me that FF had already been cast, and Doom was being played by Henry Cavill. But then they realized it was another unfounded internet rumor.

I've noticed that one has gained a lot of traction lately. Before Doom, the speculation was that Henry Cavill was being cast as Hyperion. Considering his past connection to Superman, that one makes more sense.

You are exactly right. That interview with Noah Hawley is the only one I've ever seen. I am hopeful that Doom will be present in some form in Wakanda Forever even if they only mention his name or the country of Latveria. And some of the story that's been revealed so far is suspiciously like the Doomwar mini series from a while back.

My fear is Doom will get a radical makeover for the MCU like we've already seen with Namor. Now he's not even Atlantean...he looks more Mayan to me! I sometimes lurk over at the tumblr site and many fans there are concerned that Doom will lose his Roma heritage in the MCU. Unfortunately I can see that happening too. Even the other 2 versions of Doom in the movies danced around that. They finally tossed it in for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. In the most recent version with Toby Kebbell we briefly saw a dossier that mentioned Latveria.
    Oi, don’t be so pessimistic! No news good news
    But I’m wondering if maybe there’s some copyright issue or clause in the contracts that prevents them from using Doom for a while? After all we know nothing of that aspect of making movies…
    And changes may be good. I don’t mind changes if they’re done right.
    Namor and Atlantis had to be changed because of Aquaman, and I dig the decision. Also, mayan culture and visual arts are very interesting and seldom used in movies, I like the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

Yeah, we could make an entire movie with all the actors that have been rumored to play Doom! XD
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 09-15-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Sorry, but that panel is gorgeous! I just love Doom’s latest aesthetic, especially that double belt (and the fur)!

Amazing Member

I agree with the reboot potential and it is going to be needed, for the simple fact that Marvel (rightfully) put a lot of their headliners into the initial phases. Now that many years have gone by movie-time we are getting to a point where either those character stories have ended or the actors/characters are going to age out and not be believable as physical fighters as much. Especially since time in the MCU is passing as real-time (5-year blip notwithstanding to buy time here and there) and characters do age, have kids, etc. Yes, there are a lot of interesting 2nd-tier characters but eventually you get to a point where Marvel is pushing characters nobody outside of comic fans have heard of and although that is OK to support the MCU I don't know if it can solely sustain it. I feel that is why movies like the Eternals just don't do as well. There is a reason that Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, etc. have had their own comic titles for decades. Their archetypes really resonate and the top tier are the ones that have been on merchandising for 50 years.

One just has to look at the DC movies as an example. Who do they keep bringing back on-screen over and over and over for 40 years? Batman and Superman, despite a similar large cast of characters to draw from. In some ways DC movie lack of continuity has been an advantage because they just recast characters and ignore past continuity. MCU cannot do that but Secret Wars becomes the perfect opportunity to introduce new characters and de-age some of the originals if needed, making it an organic part of an epic story rather than shoehorning the old characters back in with new faces/history.

Oi, don’t be so pessimistic! No news good news
    But I’m wondering if maybe there’s some copyright issue or clause in the contracts that prevents them from using Doom for a while? After all we know nothing of that aspect of making movies…
    And changes may be good. I don’t mind changes if they’re done right.
    Namor and Atlantis had to be changed because of Aquaman, and I dig the decision. Also, mayan culture and visual arts are very interesting and seldom used in movies, I like the choice.

Yeah, we could make an entire movie with all the actors that have been rumored to play Doom! XD
    I sometimes wonder if they would be better off going the Darth Vader route and get a good voice actor. It's too bad that Alan Rickman has passed away. I doubt there is any copyright issues. Doctor Doom was solidly a Marvel creation by Stan and Jack. There is no question of copyright since the Disney got ownership of all the Marvel character rights.

I have a very important announcement to make: Dr. Doom is the greatest super villain in the history of super villains.

That is all!

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.