Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Yes this makes me very sad...I am truly bothered that Kevin Feige has never ONCE brought Doom up in any interview (nor have any have any reporters ever asked about him)...is it possible that he isn't a priority like we want him to be?
    Well Doom is in the same camp as the X-Men and the FF. Marvel just regained the rights to those properties but surely they still have to do a bit of planing on how to actually introduce and integrate those properties into the MCU. After all the big question will always be where all those people were the entire time. Even when someone like Thanos wiped out half the galaxy.
    Last edited by Galerion; 01-20-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Yes this makes me very sad...I am truly bothered that Kevin Feige has never ONCE brought Doom up in any interview (nor have any have any reporters ever asked about him)...is it possible that he isn't a priority like we want him to be?
    The last time I recall reading anything about Kevin Feige's plans it was that he had talked to Noah Hawley about the script he had written for a Doom solo at Fox. This was after the sale of Marvel to Disney. Nothing solid since. Here's an article that sums up what is known as of August of 2021

Default Coming Attractions: Doom appearance for April 2022

Here's the Coming Attractions for April 2022

AVENGERS FOREVER #5
    JASON AARON (W) • JIM TOWE (A) • COVER BY AARON KUDER
    Spider-Man Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
    THE DOOM OF ALL DOOMS!
    All we know about the leader of the new Multiversal Masters of Evil is that he calls himself Doom Supreme and that universe after universe keeps crumbling before him. But in a multiverse filled with world-conquering versions of Victor Von Doom, what makes this one the Doom Above All?

THE THING #6 (OF 6)
    WALTER MOSLEY (W) • TOM REILLY (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR
    WALTER MOSLEY'S FORAY INTO THE
    MARVEL UNIVERSE GOES OUT WITH A BANG!
    It all comes down to this! The secret power behind Mot is revealed at last – but with it comes a very personal threat to Ben Grimm! Can the Thing battle his way past the one foe that waits for all of us and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat? And in order to do so, will it mean working hand-in-glove with Doctor Doom?

FANTASTIC FOUR #43
    DAN SLOTT (W) • RACHAEL STOTT (A) • Cover by CAFU
    VARIANT COVER BY SUPERLOG • Spider-Man Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    THE RECKONING WAR CONTINUES!
    •"Victor Von Doom: Hero of Earth"
    • The last time the Cormorant appeared, he destroyed the Baxter Building and the Latverian Embassy, completely overpowered the Fantastic Four, and left without anyone laying a hand on him.
    • Now, for the sake of the universe, Doctor Doom must face him alone. Hail Doom!
    • Meanwhile, four of Earth's greatest heroes are trapped in the toxic wastelands of the Barrens...and there is no way for all of them to make it out alive.
    • Guest-starring: The Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, and an army of Marvel's most cosmic champions!

I'm a bit leery of the Jason Aaron Avengers #5 and Slott's Fantastic Four story. Slott hasn't been handling Doom too well IMO, especially with the wedding debacle. And well Jason Aaron is not exactly my favorite writer of the moment. I guess we can just keep our figures crossed and hope they don't screw things up too much.

I've been following the Thing solo series and it's "OK" but I'm curious now to see how he ends up being chained up with Doom. I think Doom should be in the Maestro mini but it looks like the issue for April will center on Namor but it may be worth taking a peek for that at least.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-21-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The last time I recall reading anything about Kevin Feige's plans it was that he had talked to Noah Hawley about the script he had written for a Doom solo at Fox. This was after the sale of Marvel to Disney. Nothing solid since. Here's an article that sums up what is known as of August of 2021
    A Doom solo movie would be great but I think introducing him in his own D+ show would be even better. Doom already has a meaty backstory in comics. I'd love to see it turned into a series starting from his childhood all the way to him becoming the ruler of Latveria. Just a faithful adaptation of Books of Doom. From there they can use him in F4 and other properties with his origin already established.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 01-22-2022 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    A Doom solo movie would be great but I think introducing him in his own D+ show would be even better. Doom already has a meaty backstory in comics. I'd love to see it turned into a series starting from his childhood all the way to him becoming the ruler of Latveria. Just a faithful adaptation of Books of Doom. From there they can use him F4 and other properties with his origin already established.
    I was thinking the same thing especially after watching the trailer for the Moon Knight series coming in March. I am hoping that TPTP at Disney Marvel don't make a lot of changes to Doom's orign. Ideally, they should keep his Romani heritage, give us Latveria but update it or link it to Sokovia, perhaps having a history of rival kingdoms going way back.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

So interesting development at the t-shirt place. I got notice this morning that this design was removed, "We're sorry to inform you that an intellectual property claim has been filed by HBO against this design of yours on *********"

House Von Doom.jpg

It appears that HBO may have a more robust search function than Marvel.

More new designs loaded, though

ds
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 01-22-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Late catching up to this but we have an AU Doctor Doom appearing in the mini series Devils Reign: Superior foes

I so this mentioned in a CBR article so I checked out the story. I'm not following the main title but I may just check out this series to see just what this character is all about. Undoubtedly he's from and alternate universe.

Surprised I'm not seeing any talk over the end of Iron man's most recent issue here. ;P

Oh, I don't think there is much to talk about yet. I predicted a last page entrance... Doom is the king of those. I was going to do a compilation of them some day. Besides it was bound to happen since his appearance in the next issue was revealed in the solicitations for issue #17. I wonder if he will be in it to the resolution of the Korvac saga but I don't think so...it's going to be just those two I think.

Tony Stark roils with the Power Cosmic - the Iron Man now the IRON GOD! But despite his best intentions, is this truly a good thing for the Earth and the universe? Patsy Walker, A.K.A. HELLCAT, really doesn't think so...which is why she's gone for broke and enlisted the help of one DOCTOR DOOM. But if there's anybody who can make Tony angry, it's Victor... What happens when a cosmically powered Stark feels betrayed by the world's most arrogant Latverian? Likely, nothing short of total devastation.
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Feb 23, 2022

I am curious to see just how Doom approaches this task. Looking back at the last time Doom was omnipotent in Secret Wars, he did seem to have more of a handle on things since he was able to maintain control (along with the assistance of Doctor Strange and the Molecule Man) for around 7 years IIRC. I think one factor was that he didn't always run at full power...Molecule Man was still the battery for the powers of all those remaining Beyonders and Doom would tap into that.

I always thought the Beyonders' powers were beyond the Power Cosmic since they were able to nearly wipe everything out. But I could be wrong about that since it was the cascading effect of the incursions that caused multiversal destruction.

The last time Victor and Tony met it was in that memorable Christmas issue Cantwell did as a tie in to King in Black so I am glad their next meeting takes place in Cantwell's Iron Man series. When last they met, Doom was still feeling the effects of how things ended up when he met a version of himself that had faced all his past transgressions and turned himself in for judgement. He served his sentence and was a better man for it. He still had some arrogance and eventually Doom couldn't accept that this version of himself had achieved so much good and was loved. Cantwell has stated that Doom's act of destruction of this universe was a crime of passion and that sounds about right. He was in a regretful mood when Tony encountered him at Christmas time in the King in Black tie in thatn takes place at Christmastime.

IMO he feels like the act of destroying that universe at towards the end of the Doom solo was something so terrible that he's can't justify his actions and feels he's not going to achieve any kind of salvation. This should be an interesting next issue of Iron Man because I;m sure it will come up now that Tony knows about that dead universe.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-28-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Looking forward to the next issue of Iron Man. Also lol'd at the shade Reed threw at Tony in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Looking forward to the next issue of Iron Man. Also lol'd at the shade Reed threw at Tony in this issue.
    It's funny because I get the sense that Cantwell sees Reed as this very passive aggressive guy that has the ability to even tick off his friends. There was that great sequence in Cantwell's Doom series where Reed decides to call up Victor while he's up in space trying to deal with the black hole crisis that was created by the sabotage of the Antlion project. He claims he just wanted to call to wish Victor luck but right off Doom is suspicious of this gesture and offended that Reed is implying that Doom will succeed only by having good luck

I remember the time a while back when Reed ticked off Hank Pym because he knew more about Pym Particles than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's funny because I get the sense that Cantwell sees Reed as this very passive aggressive guy that has the ability to even tick off his friends. There was that great sequence in Cantwell's Doom series where Reed decides to call up Victor while he's up in space trying to deal with the black hole crisis that was created by the sabotage of the Antlion project. He claims he just wanted to call to wish Victor luck but right off Doom is suspicious of this gesture and offended that Reed is implying that Doom will succeed only by having good luck

I remember the time a while back when Reed ticked off Hank Pym because he knew more about Pym Particles than he did.
    That page especially Cassie's reaction to Reed's claim always cracks me up. Reed can be such a jerk at times whether he realizes it or not.

Well that didn't take long, they shut it down. I hope you got your shirts if you ordered any. I ordered some for myself and they just arrived. Turned out great but the shirts are not very heavy spun. You could pay more for a heavier or premium cotton, though.

Anyway I had a lot of fun doing this and making new designs while I was on isolation last week. One of the trends I started gathering was under the theme "Doom drinks alone", because there were so many examples to choose from ... I'm going to share some of what I came up with here for you folks. Here's the first batch.

Doom slouch 2.jpg

Doom slouch 1.jpg

Doom drinks alone 6.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Default Doctor Doom does NOT drink alone

"Because ... I am Doom

Here's another batch of Doom drinks alone ...

Doom drinks alone 2b.jpg

Doom drinks alone 7.jpg

Sexy Doom 1.jpg

wish they could be posters or stickers or shirts for anyone who wants 'em. Oh well

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom