Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG. This is a great set! Some characters I've never seen and of course, all the DOOMS! You could have your own Parliment of Dooms!

The only negative, is not a single Namor????
    The HeroClix stuff has been going on for decades so I'm betting there is one out there. Maybe Doomscribe just didn't include it in his photos.

I probably saw this at the time but after doing some googling I found out that Terrax was a Marvel Legends Build A Figure from 2016 where you had to buy a whole set of other characters to put it together. Here is a link that shows all the figures you had to buy (usually it's 6) and how Terrax looks once you put it all together.

I never have gone that route. Maybe it's because they wanted to keep the figure at the right scale to the others but it's also a cash grab for a really serious collector. And I've seen those on YouTube where they have an entire room dedicated to displaying them.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG. This is a great set! Some characters I've never seen and of course, all the DOOMS! You could have your own Parliment of Dooms!

The only negative, is not a single Namor????
    There are a number of Namor figures that have appeared in different sets including Civil War, Illuminati, Secret Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, to name a few. Here's three I found for sale on ebay now

Heroclix Giganto and Namor #017.jpg

Heroclix Namor #111 Civil War.jpg

Heroclix Namor #203 GOTG.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Oh, and there was a God Emperor Doom ... which set me back some serious coin for a figure less than 2 inches tall ...

Heroclix God Emperor Doom #061.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Thanks Doomscribe. Those are some cool figures. I like the God Emperor Doom. My favorite one is still the Marvel Legends one with him having ripped out Thanos's spinal cord and skull!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks Doomscribe. Those are some cool figures. I like the God Emperor Doom. My favorite one is still the Marvel Legends one with him having ripped out Thanos's spinal cord and skull!

That one is classic!
    "Because ... I am Doom

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I love that god emperor one, its amazing!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Default The Secret Wars Time Paradox

So at this point Doom is presumed dead and the Fantastic Four witnessed the death of his body in FF #260 which hit the newstands in November of 1983. Then along comes Secret Wars #1 in January of 1984 and we see Doom appear unharmed.

In the meantime Terrax becomes consumed by the Power Cosmic and the three of them are caught in the effect...

This all happens just before Secret Wars gets underway and left readers wondering .....how Doom seemingly came back from the dead in Secret Wars #1 and get in his own body again?

Now we skip ahead to Fantastic Four #288, released in December of 1985. In the previous issue we were introduced to a resident of New York city named Peggy MacArthur who wonders why here husband acts so strangely. Ever since the fight in issue #60 Doom has been in the body of her husband Norm McArthur who was a bystander at the battle in FF #260.

To wrap things up, eventually Reed and Doom confront the Beyonder. He was summoned by Doom's magic accidentally when Doom was trying to use a spell to gather all his scattered atoms from the blast in FF #260. From here on things get murky but to sum it up. It turns out the reasons why Doom has no memory of dealing with a being called the Beyonder is when the Beyonder gathering all the participants in Secret Wars, he couldn't find his "aura" due to the events of FF #260. So now Byrne cobbles together an explanation for Shooter's story not addressing the fact that Doom's body was destroyed in FF#260. The Beyonder tells Reed he found Doom's aura in some future point in time. All of this could have been avoided if Shooter addressed it in Secret Wars but for reasons I haven't found he didn't. IIRC the impetus for SW was to coordinate with the release of the action figures and toys.

At this point it's better just to show Byrne's work. I don't know if this is the best solution but it's the only one anyone came up with to solve the Secret Wars Time Paradox. At this point Reed has related the events in FF #260 to both Doom and the Beyonder....

When the Beyonder decides to solve everthing by just destroying Doom Reed stops him and reminds him that the body of Norm MacArthur must be returned to him along with restoring Doom's.

After all this one can see why Doom is so reluctant to use the Ovoid Mind Transfer even thought it did save him in FF#260!

Unfortunately the story doesn't end there and it would be revisited in Steve Englehart's Fantastic Four but that's a story for another time and I'm not so sure it's worth revisitiing anyway.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-13-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Forgive me, I need your help: I’ve been struggling with this for days.

I’ve got this panel where Doom saves Captain America from drowning in a river stuck in my head, but I’ve been looking for that story everywhere and can’t find it. Am I imagining it? I seem to remember it was pretty old school art… maybe 70s?

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Forgive me, I need your help: I’ve been struggling with this for days.

I’ve got this panel where Doom saves Captain America from drowning in a river stuck in my head, but I’ve been looking for that story everywhere and can’t find it. Am I imagining it? I seem to remember it was pretty old school art… maybe 70s?
    That should be Super-Villain Team-Up issue 11.

Yes, I really liked that issue, written by Bill Mantlo. The Red Skull had taken over Doom's castle and I'm not sure but this may have been part of a crossover with the Avengers. They are in Doom's jet when the Red Skull fires the Rainbow Missile at them, a weapon of Doom's that causes them to shrink. When they leave the vessel after crash landing outside Castle Doom, Doom is attacked by a snake and Cap helps Doom get free of it's coils. Doom returns the gesture when the Red Skull floods the moat and Doom helps Cap get out of what is like a tidal wave to them at that size.

Great cover too, Credited to Dave Cockrum and Joe Sinnott

Amazing Member

Has Doom and Apocalypse ever spoken to each other in the 616 timeline? I remember Doom and Sinister interacting in that back up story of Doom looking to fix the X gene after Wanda's M Day flip. But that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    Has Doom and Apocalypse ever spoken to each other in the 616 timeline? I remember Doom and Sinister interacting in that back up story of Doom looking to fix the X gene after Wanda's M Day flip. But that was it.

They did "meet" but not directly in the final battle in the recent Dark Ages mini series but that took place in a future time line. It's hard to say but I guess it could be the future of the current 616 timeline. They really didn't interact but Doom and Moon Girl put together the plan to defeat Apocalyse. Doom ended up turning Dracula loose on him. But there really wasn't much direct interaction between them.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-17-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They did "meet" but not directly in the final battle in the recent Dark Ages mini series but that took place in a future time line. It's hard to say but I guess it could be the future of the current 616 timeline. They really didn't interact but Doom and Moon Girl put together the plan to defeat Apocalyse. Doom ended up turning Dracula loose on him. But there really wasn't much direct interaction between them.

I still get a chuckle out of Doom calling Dracula an undead idiot whenever someone brings up Dark Ages.

Yes, that's got to go in my post of memorable quotes at the beginning of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    That should be Super-Villain Team-Up issue 11.
    Thank you so much!