Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So your store is closed. I do have the Sub-Mariner / Doom one on the way at least.

Christopher Cantwell tweeted a preview panel from Iron Man #19. Love the art by Ibraim Roberson.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Since today many Asians are celebrating the Year of the Water Tiger this Lunar New Year, I'm gonna repost this picture from Iron Maiden's contribution to the 2019 12 Days of Santa Doom.

Doom send greetings to his fans who observe the Lunar New Year
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ravin' Ray! And in the wedding issue of the Fantastic Four, we found out his name is Gunther. I wonder if he and Novak the Bear get along?

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-01-2022 at 09:37 AM.

This afternoon the prose novel Doctor Doom: Reign of the Devourer I ordered from Amazon Prime arrived ! Is anyone else besides me and Doomscribe getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This afternoon the prose novel Doctor Doom: Reign of the Devourer I ordered from Amazon Prime arrived ! Is anyone else besides me and Doomscribe getting this?
    I got it the other day and already on chapter 4...it's great!!!

I'm going to start it tonight
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-01-2022 at 10:49 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

My book arrived last night, will start reading this weekend if not sooner.

Happy Year of the Tiger!
    Castle Doom throne room.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I did read 2 chapters last night and it is a direct continuation from the prior work "The Harrowing of Doom" by the same author. The returning cast includes Rudolpho Fortunov and various Latverians like Grigori Zargo, the vicar of St. Peter's church in Doomstadt who was also a geomancer.

I wonder if we can consider this book a separate Marvel Universe or just an untold tale of the past. In this story Doom has yet to succeed in wresting his mother's soul from Mephisto and is still performing the annual trial by combat on Walpurgis Night. It seems to me that in one of the Doctor Doom novels in the past that I read named Walpurgis night as when Doom was born. Anyone else remember that?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-02-2022 at 12:35 PM.

One more, year of the tiger
    Doom Year of the Tiger.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

In the new issue of of F4 Life Story #6, could we have seen a hint of the MCU where it shows Doom has said that Latveria has taken over Sokovia...much like Zemo said in Falcon and rhe Winter Soldier where he said Sokovia and it's resources had been absorbed by neighboring nations...a hint of things to come???

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    In the new issue of of F4 Life Story #6, could we have seen a hint of the MCU where it shows Doom has said that Latveria has taken over Sokovia...much like Zemo said in Falcon and rhe Winter Soldier where he said Sokovia and it's resources had been absorbed by neighboring nations...a hint of things to come???
    I noticed that but I do wonder if the writer just is using the movies more as his source than the comics. He does show Doom taking over Symkaria which mirrors what happened in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series.

IMO this Doom lacked much of a back story. I can understand not wanting to just copy the original but what writer Mark Russell gave us was not very compelling.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-05-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's funny because I get the sense that Cantwell sees Reed as this very passive aggressive guy that has the ability to even tick off his friends. There was that great sequence in Cantwell's Doom series where Reed decides to call up Victor while he's up in space trying to deal with the black hole crisis that was created by the sabotage of the Antlion project. He claims he just wanted to call to wish Victor luck but right off Doom is suspicious of this gesture and offended that Reed is implying that Doom will succeed only by having good luck

I remember the time a while back when Reed ticked off Hank Pym because he knew more about Pym Particles than he did.
    “It’s on bitch”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Default Wastelanders: Doom give it four stars

Wastelanders Doom 2021 001.jpg

This isn't new so hopefully no spoilers. But fair warning, if you haven't read it yet (why not?!!) read it now!

This book will definitely go on Doomscribe's list of the best Doom appearances. Too bad it's an alternate universe so we can't put it in canon. It's also vastly different from the other Dr. Doom appearances in this loose-knit group of post-apocalyptic Marvel futures that started with Old Man Logan back in 2015, continued with Old Man Quill, Avengers of the Wastelands, and most recently Maestro War and Pax. This one shot stands alone, and is a concise and well crafted story that needs little from the previous titles.

The reasons I really like it are as follows:
    1. The scale is very human. I think one of the things I despise about big event books is that the scale is so far from anything relatable on a human level, that everything about them becomes inconsequential, because it's disposable. The scale of this story touches people on a basic level. It includes Doom in that human scale as well.

2. It shows the breadth and depth of Doom's being, his ability for both horrific violence and tender mercy.

3. It shows Doom's vulnerability, and his flaws. The scenes where he goes through his memories, trying to choose one to sacrifice to cross the threshold is so telling. The memories he passes by that are too precious to him, as well as the one that he doesn't even recall that clearly - that he is embarrassed to remember. It reminds me of another story where he was granted a wish (it was Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil) and the wish he chose wasn't to defeat Richards, it was "I wish never to be bothered by any sense of guilt". Same as here, he doesn't want to be bothered by any sense that he was ever in need of somebody's help.

Wastelanders Doom 2022 pg 12.jpg

BTW, I hear the digital versions of this comic will be changing the coloration of both Valeria's hair from blond to black, and the young Victor to a more racially sensitive dark brown. Don't know that it's true but that's what they should do.

4. Finally it shows Doom's tremendous strength and will, being struck down yet able to reach out for a solution when he was nearly beaten, and it comes full circle, for without his earlier mercy he would not have survived. Plus he is confident enough to not be bothered that the new Sorcerer Supreme and Agatha Harkness are set free from Mordo's spell.

Plus he has the Darkhold yet again.

Very nice art, tight story, near perfect characterization. Four stars.

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    My book arrived last night, will start reading this weekend if not sooner.

Happy Year of the Tiger!
    Castle Doom throne room.jpg
    LOL! This is perfect!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?