Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
I think the obvious answer is probably the best. They simply fell in love...sort of. I don't know if Doom was totally commited. Wanda was left to just wander aimlessly after House of M. Hawkeye found her in Transia IIRC but it was obvious she had amnesia and didn't recognize him. That didn't stop him from sleeping with her though....he had a thing for her going back to Stan Lee's days on the Avengers when she was one of what became known by fans as the Kooky quartet of Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

We never really saw in Children's Crusade how they met but IIRC Doom just says he was informed that she was in Transia so he brought her to Latveria. With her memories of him being a bit fuzzy she had no fear of him. IMO he really did her a great service by providing a roof over her head and kept her from danger. Anyone might have taken advantage of the situation but Doom really doesn't. He's mostly very honest with her.

When she did finally get her full faculties back and remembered she really didn't get angry about her situation and still wanted the marriage to happen. What messed every thing up was when they were trying to get rid of the Life Force, Eli/Patriot took a shot at him that diverted the spell that Wiccan, Wanda and Doom were conjuring up and Doom got the Life Force instead.

In this sequence IMO Heinberg's intentions are voiced by Wolverine. Victor had gotten all Doomy and tried to divert blame for House of M from Wanda. But there's really no proof that Doom was even around when Disassembled/House of M gets under way. His last appearance was in Mark Waid's Fantastic Four run and he was banished to the Netherworlds. We see his escape happen later in JMS's Fantastic Four run.

Wanda knew the truth and so does Magneto but he tries to deflect here becaue he had some blame too.

That should of led to a mini series where Wanda does come across Doom alone to end it the RIGHT WAY...I remember him dismissing their connection to stay strong and then left..lol