Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There's only one more issue to go IIRC so they have to wind things up. I liked that scene with Peter and his daughter May. And Doom does have a strong paternal streak in him. It's partially what drives him to be in charge of any gathering or collaboration I think.

It was something he provided to Kristoff Venard for a long time but it seems like he's been neglected again by writers. The last we saw him Doom put him in charge of the newly conquered and annexed Symkaria. Too bad we don't get any updates on that.

On another note, here is there the first new product of the year. There will be a MiniMates Fantastic Four set coming out next year that will feature Doom's Infamous Iron Man armor

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-25-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well well, look whom Doom is paying a visit to following events that befell a… frenemy? peer?

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...ew-strange-1#6
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well well, look whom Doom is paying a visit to following events that befell a… frenemy? peer?

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...ew-strange-1#6
    Thanks! I do have this on my pull list so I am looking forward to this. I'm glad to see Doom coming to his home even if he's not making a condolence call. But Doom's right about her taking the title. The Vishanti usually have a trial open to all comers for that as we saw in Triumph and Torment. You just don't pass it down to a relative! It would be cool if they do set another one up but I don't know if that's the direction this story will go.

I've really not read much of Clea since the really early days of Doctor Strange's title. When did they get married?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I've really not read much of Clea since the really early days of Doctor Strange's title. When did they get married?
    UGH! I still haven't gotten over that time she almost ditched Stephen for a facsimile of Ben Franklin

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Doom in The Thing (2021) #5, there are a few more pages but basically Doom is searching for his mother's soul to free it again. Why is this plot like over used? I feel like it made such an impact because of T&T and it's good as it's own thing and very compelling, it's one of my favorite Doom stories but they don't need to use it all time.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Doom in The Thing (2021) #5, there are a few more pages but basically Doom is searching for his mother's soul to free it again. Why is this plot like over used? I feel like it made such an impact because of T&T and it's good as it's own thing and very compelling, it's one of my favorite Doom stories but they don't need to use it all time.
    I agree 1000%. My theory is that this is a writer who isn't that familiar with the character and perhaps was given Triumph & Torment as their "homework". I do like the artist's work in the flashback and it appears he is heavily influenced by Mike Mignola's work on on it too. I'll be getting this later today to check this out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree 1000%. My theory is that this is a writer who isn't that familiar with the character and perhaps was given Triumph & Torment as their "homework". I do like the artist's work in the flashback and it appears he is heavily influenced by Mike Mignola's work on on it too. I'll be getting this later today to check this out.
    I will be getting the next Thing issue but I haven't read Reckoning War, has Victor shown up yet? I honestly don't care about Slott's writing but I do want to know what Doom is up to and if it's worth reading for him.

I will be getting the next Thing issue but I haven't read Reckoning War, has Victor shown up yet? I honestly don't care about Slott's writing but I do want to know what Doom is up to and if it's worth reading for him.
    Doom appeared in Reckoning War Alpha and FF #40 and he will play an important role in the story it seems. Overall I'd say Reckoning War is good. Not great but definitely more enjoyable than Slott's run up to this point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Doom appeared in Reckoning War Alpha and FF #40 and he will play an important role in the story it seems. Overall I'd say Reckoning War is good. Not great but definitely more enjoyable than Slott's run up to this point for me.

The most recent issue was all over the place IMO. There were so many world balloons that it was a shame that it covered so much of Rachel Stott's art. I think Slott should have dialed it back a bit but I guess he has to jam a lot of stuff in one issue since it's not crossing over with anything else AFAIK

This tells us more about Doom's role in things....but no indication on how large a spot in the story it will be with a cast of thousands it seems

FANTASTIC FOUR #43
    DAN SLOTT (W) • RACHAEL STOTT (A) • Cover by CAFU
    VARIANT COVER BY SUPERLOG • Spider-Man Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    THE RECKONING WAR CONTINUES!
    •"Victor Von Doom: Hero of Earth"
    • The last time the Cormorant appeared, he destroyed the Baxter Building and the Latverian Embassy, completely overpowered the Fantastic Four, and left without anyone laying a hand on him.
    • Now, for the sake of the universe, Doctor Doom must face him alone. Hail Doom!
    • Meanwhile, four of Earth's greatest heroes are trapped in the toxic wastelands of the Barrens...and there is no way for all of them to make it out alive.
    • Guest-starring: The Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, and an army of Marvel's most cosmic champions!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-03-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks! I will check it out.

I've been reading Doom & Morgana centered comics, just read their first introduction, is there any other notable instances when they were on page together?

I've been reading Doom & Morgana centered comics, just read their first introduction, is there any other notable instances when they were on page together?

They appeare in some issues of Mighty Avengers by BMB but I can't remember which. It's been some time since I read those. The first story arc of Dark Avengers again by BMB is a continuation of their story in Mighty Avengers. Then there is the recent Cantwell solo. These are the ones I know.

They appeare in some issues of Mighty Avengers by BMB but I can't remember which. It's been some time since I read those. The first story arc of Dark Avengers again by BMB is a continuation of their story in Mighty Avengers. Then there is the recent Cantwell solo. These are the ones I know.
    I didn't know about the Might Avengers one, I knew about the Dark Avengers and Cantwell. thanks!

Doom n' Gloom is right. Morgan does appear in Mighty Avengers but her next encounter with Doom after Iron Man #150 occurs in the 3rd installment of David Michelenie and Bob Layton's Iron Man/Doctor Doom trilogy. It is her follow up appearance to Iron Man #150 when she escapes from Merlin's spell by using a shard of Excalibur.

Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2

He persuades her to give him the shard but he leaves her trapped back in the same place she had escaped from

Notice that in these stories she's called Morgana but I think lately she's called Morgan Le Fey

Later I'll post some scans from the Mighty Avengers appearance when things get really serious between them.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-04-2022 at 02:31 AM.