Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doom n' Gloom is right. Morgan does appear in Mighty Avengers but her next encounter with Doom after Iron Man #150 occurs in the 3rd installment of David Michelenie and Bob Layton's Iron Man/Doctor Doom trilogy. It is her follow up appearance to Iron Man #150 when she escapes from Merlin's spell by using a shard of Excalibur.

Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2

He persuades her to give him the shard but he leaves her trapped back in the same place she had escaped from

Notice that in these stories she's called Morgana but I think lately she's called Morgan Le Fey

Later I'll post some scans from the Mighty Avengers appearance when things get really serious between them.
    Just checked it out. I didn't know that there's a continuation of Doomquest. Thanks!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

AFAIK, there is no appearance of Morgana/Morgan Le Fey until she appears in Bendis's Mighty Avengers #9. The arc has it's beginnings in an earlier issue where a Latverian satellite carrying the Venom virus is damaged when repairs are being made by one of Stark Industries satellite nearby. A crewmember drops one of his tools and it strikes the Latverian satellite and causes the "Venom bomb" to disperse over NYC. (why not, just about everything in the MU seems to happen there). So the Mighty Avengers track the source of the Venom bomb to Latveria so they head off to arrest Doom. Meanwhile, Doom has taken a trip on his time platform to pay a visit to Morgana in her castle.

We enter the scene after some amorous congress has obviously taken place as Doom makes some wardrobe adjustments

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-05-2022 at 12:42 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Doom n' Gloom is right. Morgan does appear in Mighty Avengers but her next encounter with Doom after Iron Man #150 occurs in the 3rd installment of David Michelenie and Bob Layton's Iron Man/Doctor Doom trilogy. It is her follow up appearance to Iron Man #150 when she escapes from Merlin's spell by using a shard of Excalibur.

Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2

He persuades her to give him the shard but he leaves her trapped back in the same place she had escaped from

Notice that in these stories she's called Morgana but I think lately she's called Morgan Le Fey

Later I'll post some scans from the Mighty Avengers appearance when things get really serious between them.
    AFAIK, there is no appearance of Morgana/Morgan Le Fey until she appears in Bendis's Mighty Avengers #9. The arc has it's beginnings in an earlier issue where a Latverian satellite carrying the Venom virus is damaged when repairs are being made by one of Stark Industries satellite nearby. A crewmember drops one of his tools and it strikes the Latverian satellite and causes the "Venom bomb" to disperse over NYC. (why not, just about everything in the MU seems to happen there). So the Mighty Avengers track the source of the Venom bomb to Latveria so they head off to arrest Doom. Meanwhile, Doom has taken a trip on his time platform to pay a visit to Morgana in her castle.

We enter the scene after some amorous congress has obviously taken place as Doom makes some wardrobe adjustments

Spicy scene! Thanks so much for sharing, after this I think she goes to try to kill young victor in Dark Avengers, then after she shows up in Cantwell's Doom series and I think? That is all of their interactions?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Morganna: the girl who enables all your toxic traits.

Valeria: the girl who calls you out and wants you to do better but not as fun as Morganna.

Source: The Incredible Hulk #143-144.

Link: https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4518266.html

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Morganna: the girl who enables all your toxic traits.

Valeria: the girl who calls you out and wants you to do better but not as fun as Morganna.
    As much as I sometimes wish Victor would undertake a rescue of Valeria from Hell as he did with his mother, I don't think there is much passion there anymore. She's a reminder of a simpler time in his youth and while there may be some fondness there I think he moved on. But I do think he owes her that rescue.

Where is that scan from?

My understanding is that most writers ignore 'Unthinkable' these days. A shame, since it's left Valeria in perpetual limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Spicy scene! Thanks so much for sharing, after this I think she goes to try to kill young victor in Dark Avengers, then after she shows up in Cantwell's Doom series and I think? That is all of their interactions?
    Just to finish off the Mighty Avengers part, that arc ends when the Iron Man and the Avengers catch up to Doom again after a side trip to the past, Tony sics the Sentry on Doom who has been refusing to surrender to them about the whole Venom bomb incident. So after the Sentry damages Doom's armor, he's arrested and put in prison. Meanwhile, Morganna is still waiting back in her castle back in the past for his promised return...

So we see there is some concern for him there. Later, when she does find him while scrying for his whereabouts, she sees him at the first meeting of Osborn's Cabal during the Dark Reign arc. She goes ballistic when she sees Victor setting between 2 women, Emma Frost and Loki in his female form. So then in Dark Avengers #2 she decided to go back into the past and kill Victor when he was a child.

On a side note, this page shows us a couple of interesting things. First of all the captions says that Morgan has traveled 37 years into the past. So assuming Victor is around 7 or 8 in this scene, we can surmise that Bendis is giving us Doom's age as about mid forties. That sounds about right to me. Second, we can consider it canon that Victor has or had a pierced ear

As far as I can remember, the only other scene with Victor and Morgan is in the Doctor Doom solo series. I think one of the main reasons why I enjoy Christopher Cantwell's Doom is that he is so good at mining things from Marvel's classic stories. He shows us two people who do have a romantic history with each other. And they are comfortable with it. Is the passion still there? I'd like to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Where is that scan from?

My understanding is that most writers ignore 'Unthinkable' these days. A shame, since it's left Valeria in perpetual limbo.
    That is from Christopher Cantwell's Doctor Doom #3. I agree that it's a shame how her character has been mostly forgotten. Again, this is why I enjoy Cantwell's writing. He really is up on his Marvel lore.

Just to finish off the Mighty Avengers part, that arc ends when the Iron Man and the Avengers catch up to Doom again after a side trip to the past, Tony sics the Sentry on Doom who has been refusing to surrender to them about the whole Venom bomb incident. So after the Sentry damages Doom's armor, he's arrested and put in prison. Meanwhile, Morganna is still waiting back in her castle back in the past for his promised return...

So we see there is some concern for him there. Later, when she does find him while scrying for his whereabouts, she sees him at the first meeting of Osborn's Cabal during the Dark Reign arc. She goes ballistic when she sees Victor setting between 2 women, Emma Frost and Loki in his female form. So then in Dark Avengers #2 she decided to go back into the past and kill Victor when he was a child.

On a side note, this page shows us a couple of interesting things. First of all the captions says that Morgan has traveled 37 years into the past. So assuming Victor is around 7 or 8 in this scene, we can surmise that Bendis is giving us Doom's age as about mid forties. That sounds about right to me. Second, we can consider it canon that Victor has or had a pierced ear

As far as I can remember, the only other scene with Victor and Morgan is in the Doctor Doom solo series. I think one of the main reasons why I enjoy Christopher Cantwell's Doom is that he is so good at mining things from Marvel's classic stories. He shows us two people who do have a romantic history with each other. And they are comfortable with it. Is the passion still there? I'd like to think so.
    As I recall, she also attacked his castle in early Dark Avengers leading to their intervention in Latveria.

That is from Christopher Cantwell's Doctor Doom #3. I agree that it's a shame how her character has been mostly forgotten. Again, this is why I enjoy Cantwell's writing. He really is up on his Marvel lore.
    Thanks. I have been meaning to check out Cantwell's Dr Doom series. I heard good things about it plus I found the scans showing Kang and Victor being unlikely bedfellows to be highly entertaining.

Sounds interesting. That would put Reed & Ben in their mid-forties, as well. Being that they were college roommates, and all.

I always see Reed as the elder statesman of the MU. Hank Pym should be up there too since he was in the MU very early on but he's been so dumped on by other writers that it's a shame. I've see people post how it's a karma because he gave the MU Ultron but is Ultron really that much of a problem anymore? Has he/it made any appearances lately?

In other events....just want to say I finally got this delivered on Thursday and it was worth waiting for. I had ordered it late last year that with this shipping and stockining of product issues due to the lingering effects of the pandemic, I had to reorder it back in February but then it got delayed again. But it was worth the wait.

And now for the unboxing....

Here it is compared to the Hasbro Marvel Legends. The good thing is although it is a sculpture style piece, it's made of heavy PVC so I don't have to worry about breaking it! Not sure why he's standing on dinosaur bones but....why not? It's DOOM!

I always see Reed as the elder statesman of the MU. Hank Pym should be up there too since he was in the MU very early on but he's been so dumped on by other writers that it's a shame. I've see people post how it's a karma because he gave the MU Ultron but is Ultron really that much of a problem anymore? Has he/it made any appearances lately?
    I know, right?! IIRC, there were two separate occasions where even Doom tinkered on Ultron (XD)

Example #1

Example #2

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-05-2022 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

And now for the unboxing....

Here it is compared to the Hasbro Marvel Legends. The good thing is although it is a sculpture style piece, it's made of heavy PVC so I don't have to worry about breaking it! Not sure why he's standing on dinosaur bones but....why not? It's DOOM!

I don't suppose the fire effects are removable?
    Those definitely aren't dinosaur bones, I'm pretty sure they're demon/monster skulls, as if he's battling it out in Hell or another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! IIRC, there were two separate occasions where even Doom tinkered on Ultron (XD)

Example #1

Example #2

The Secret Wars one I almost posted about but I don't remember the second one. Is that JR jr on the art and what is that from?? I'm going to have to find that. Is that from Acts of Vengeance? I never did read all the tie ins.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-05-2022 at 03:50 PM.