Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Spidey and Doom cross paths at the Hellfire Gala.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-look-preview

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Is Doom not supposed to speak in that mask? Seems counterintuitive. Not a fan of the look, or the yellow eyes.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yes, that does seem strange that there seems to be no mouthpiece. How can he enjoy the banquet? Spidey seems to be perplexed by it too. Of course it could be he sent a Doombot and didn't bother to go in person.

I see where the Hellfire Gala has been pushed back. Originally it was supposed to come out this month but now it's July 13th. I noticed that with a lot of comics in the June catalogue at Previewsworld. You click on the individual issue and the release date is in July.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, that does seem strange that there seems to be no mouthpiece. How can he enjoy the banquet? Spidey seems to be perplexed by it too. Of course it could be he sent a Doombot and didn't bother to go in person.

I see where the Hellfire Gala has been pushed back. Originally it was supposed to come out this month but now it's July 13th. I noticed that with a lot of comics in the June catalogue at Previewsworld. You click on the individual issue and the release date is in July.
    I wonder if it opens up similar to his Iron Man suit but only his mouth part

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder if it opens up similar to his Iron Man suit but only his mouth part
    OMG! Infamous was a great design (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Infamous was a great design (IMHO):

exactly! I only remembered it because I just finished Bendis' run, which I found very enjoyable.

Did Slott ever carry on with any threads from this run?

exactly! I only remembered it because I just finished Bendis' run, which I found very enjoyable.

Did Slott ever carry on with any threads from this run?
    Doom needing to retake over Latveria basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doom needing to retake over Latveria basically.
    boo! I wish Slott explored more of his heroic side and try to make up for Secret Wars, it would be so cool to see Dr. Doom being heroic as opposed to him taking the mantle of another hero

boo! I wish Slott explored more of his heroic side and try to make up for Secret Wars, it would be so cool to see Dr. Doom being heroic as opposed to him taking the mantle of another hero
    I wish Zdarsky had gotten a chance to write him more. I feel like Bendis had interesting ideas but his voice for Victor never quite sold me.

I wish Zdarsky had gotten a chance to write him more. I feel like Bendis had interesting ideas but his voice for Victor never quite sold me.
    when did Zdarsky writw him?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

when did Zdarsky writw him?
    The latest Two-in-One with Ben and Johnny, plus we get an AU Doom as well.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Also I assumed his voice was changed because he was basically reborn anew. I know he still remembers the Secret Wars (I think the only one in the entire 616?), but his loss to Reed and his inability to live up to his ego (where he actually thought he can attain GODHOOD and hold it under his control) caused him to humble himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ohh, I gotta check it out

IMO when Slott began his Fantastic Four, it didn't take long for him to revert Doom to what IMO was a regression to the Doom of a decades ago. You could go back to Hickman's run where he practically makes Doom the black sheep of the family. Valeria considered him her uncle and he genuinely has/had some affection for her. Slott shows none of this. He just goes back to Doom creating death traps for the FF as if this were the 1960s. But there should always be one caveat with Doom.....he will never be pals with Reed.

Chip Zdarsky gave us a reboot of the old Marvel 2 in One with Ben and Johnny in the interim where Reed and Sue were still kept in limbo before the Fox and Disney/Marvel finally made the deal for the Fantastic Four movie rights. I thought that was a great series to go with at the time. Doom was still in his Infamous Iron Man phase and hung around with them for a while until he disappears from the title at one point, probably to coincide with the Infamous Iron Man title coming to an end. During this period, Doom thinks Reed and Sue are dead and has no memory of what happened immediately after the Molecule Man gave Reed the Beyonder power in the finale of Secret Wars. In the Marvel 2 in one annual, Zdarsky shows Reed hanging around with what a appears to be a reconstituted version of the Council of Reeds and we see what happened when Doom returned to Earth Prime with his face healed. Reed realized if he weren't around that maybe Doom would be more likely to take the better path.

As for Infamous Iron Man, Bendis was probably told to make Doom go back to the old Doom by having the Hood, who was possessed by Mephisto, scar Doom's face again. This occurs in his Invincible Iron Man #600. I guess we should have known it wasn't going to last.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-07-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Ohh, I gotta check it out
    When you get the chance, definitely check it out. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That was pretty cool when the AU Doom got the Power Cosmic.