Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I would love it if Hasbro came out with a Marvel Legends Doom 2099. I have all of those figures and during the pandemic I would get bored and just stage some pictures. Like one I did with Novak the bear he "adopted" in the the solo series. I found the bear in with some loose animal figures in the toy section of a store. He's not to scale but maybe you can call him Novak jr.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-12-2022 at 09:53 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

If you can't find a larger bear, you can always use a smaller Doom! Like here with Doom and his Tiger - Gunther
    2022-06-12 12.30.44.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Which company made that Doom figure. I don't think I have a jointed one that size.

I'll have to check my box of smaller figures I've collected over the years....those slim years when there weren't that many Marvel figures. But a Marvel Legends Doom 2099 is definitely at the top of my wish list. It's too bad that Bowen Designs never made one.

That figure is actually separated from this:
    Doom and Thing figurine.jpg

I have no idea who the maker is or when. I think it was probably from the early 90's though.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Default Fortnite X Marvel Zero War #1

Doom makes a last page entrance in this book out now:

Fortnite X Marvel Zero War 001 pg31.jpg

I don't know if this is an alternate reality though it probably is some kind of non 616 universe. There are so many of these realities floating around now it's impossible to keep track. Anyway, I think this will be a stand alone series promoting the video game.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I would love it if Hasbro came out with a Marvel Legends Doom 2099. I have all of those figures and during the pandemic I would get bored and just stage some pictures. Like one I did with Novak the bear he "adopted" in the the solo series. I found the bear in with some loose animal figures in the toy section of a store. He's not to scale but maybe you can call him Novak jr.

Haha, love that!

Also just chiming in to say I would love to get my hands on a new Doom 2099 figure that would match my other Doom ones, I have god emperor and classic doom
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I don't know if you'll find it in stock at stores but you might like to get the Infamous Iron Man Hasbro figure. I have him as the Funko Pop too but there's some kind of balancing issue with that one and it never stands up correctly. I have to prop it up against something! Maybe he's been doing too much wine tasting.

Default Doom relations and ancestry - Part 2 Dr. Bob Doom

This next chapter in piecing together bits about the von Doom family tree is about one of the more obscure and bizarre relatives in the family tree....

Dr. Bob Doom - Evil Dentist!

Dr. Bob Doom makes his one and only (thankfully) appearance in Steve Gerber's story in Sensational She-Hulk #18. As noted on the cover, he is fifith cousin to Doctor Doom. For some reason, this comic isn't available in Marvel Unlimited or on the Marvel App. You can't even buy a digital copy. I bought this in a back issue bin years ago and did make some scans. I probably have it packed away in one of the ccomic book boxes but I'm not sure if I want to bother to retrieve it! So here are the pages I scanned.....the quality isn't that great since I was just learning back then.

We see in his intro he has some serious power envy for his cousin back in Latveria.

Since I've not read this story in years, I gathered some info from some fan based wikis around the internet to piece the story together.

Dr. Bob's scheme involves implanting a miniature device in his clients' fillings that would transmit hypnotic commands to his weathier clients and then get them to surrender their fortunes to him. He plans to create his own country by taking over New York, Connecticut and New Jersey. One of his clients fillings malfunctioned and his scheme was found out. He was taken to court and Jennifer represented the patient who found out about the scheme to swindle her out of her fortune.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-13-2022 at 10:46 PM.

Default Dr. Bob Doom - Continued

Continuing...

This is the last scan I made of the comic. I think I scanned because of the general weirdness of it all. This has to be one of the most bizarre villain costumes since The Porcupine. I didn't find out whether or not he was sent to prison but I suspect he just had to pay back all the clients he swindled.

Dr. Bob Doom hasn't made any further appearances anywhere but I did find reference to an appearance in She Hulk: Sensational #1 (2010). This was a one shot written by Peter David and the story opens with She Hulk checking her voice messages. I have to wonder why she decided to keep Dr. Bob as her dentist! And why did she give Titania her number!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-13-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Default Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 figure

So just got this.
    Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 a.jpg

It is probably one of my least favorite Dr Doom figures, what with the cheap looking green plastic and the spikes all over and the claw feet and hands. Although there is good articulation in the legs, the head doesn't move at all. No cape, and the shield (?) or weapon, not sure what it is, but it's only advantage is that it sticks to the back so you don't have to have it on the arms. It looks kind of stupid on the arm. The hands are fixed in this clawing sort of position.

Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 c.jpg

At least it stands well. The face is very much reminiscent of Ultimate Doom.

Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 f.jpg

Another thing I found amusing was the packaging ... there are warnings all over the back in 27 languages (warning - small parts may be generated), followed by another page of warnings in 27 languages on a small sheet inside the package (warning: choking hazard - small parts may be generated. Not for children under 3 years). The figure is branded by Hasbro and made in Vietnam, interestingly enough.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 06-16-2022 at 06:59 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

That does look pretty weird. So far I've only seen the Captain America figure and that one didn't impress me either. It looks about the size of the Doctor Doom Masher. That one is "customizable" in that you could detach the arms, legs or cape and swap them with another characters.

Here's the link to a Hasbro video about the Mashers line

BANNED

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    So just got this.
    Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 a.jpg

It is probably one of my least favorite Dr Doom figures, what with the cheap looking green plastic and the spikes all over and the claw feet and hands. Although there is good articulation in the legs, the head doesn't move at all. No cape, and the shield (?) or weapon, not sure what it is, but it's only advantage is that it sticks to the back so you don't have to have it on the arms. It looks kind of stupid on the arm. The hands are fixed in this clawing sort of position.

Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 c.jpg

At least it stands well. The face is very much reminiscent of Ultimate Doom.

Mech Strike Monster Hunters Doctor Doom 2022 f.jpg

Another thing I found amusing was the packaging ... there are warnings all over the back in 27 languages (warning - small parts may be generated), followed by another page of warnings in 27 languages on a small sheet inside the package (warning: choking hazard - small parts may be generated. Not for children under 3 years). The figure is branded by Hasbro and made in Vietnam, interestingly enough.
    Wow. Credit to you for being a diehard fan. I would have left that figurine right where I found out. Better check to make sure it doesn't have some Lovecraftian/Darkhold/Hell Raiser-type runes secretly inscribed on it somewhere. Or lead paint for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I still don't see how Johnny went undetected by Doom. More terrible writing by Slott.

Default Marvel War of Heroes digital cards

I had this art kicking around on my computer from somewhere, the only clue I had was the name "The Master" ...
    2013 Marvel War of Heroes Doctor Doom the Master.jpg

The layout of the art suggested a card of some sort, possibly a game card, related to Shield or Nick Fury or ...? I don't play these card games but there are a million of them out there, but the cards usually show up on ebay and there was nothing like it anywhere.

Well it took awhile going down the rabbit hole but I finally found out that it came from a digital game called War of Heroes, which first came out in 2012 or 2013. I don't know if it's still around but there is a Marvel fan wiki that appears to list all of these digital "cards" and there are quite a few that feature Dr Doom. There are hundreds of these digital cards and many of the familiar characters are represented multiple times. I found 22 that have Doom and 2 others for which a picture isn't available.

Unsurprisingly, some of the art is familiar, from comic book covers or has appeared on other game and collection cards. Some of that art has been modified to make something slightly different from the original. But quite a few were brand new art pieces, some quite good. I'll share two more but you can look it up on the Marvel fan wiki to see more if interested:

2014 Marvel War of Heroes Doctor Doom Black Magic.jpg

2014 Marvel War of Heroes Doctor Doom Doomquest.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom