Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What podcast was that?
    Wasteland Old Man Star Lord

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...de-1-2-release

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Catch tomorrow’s Darkhold. Orlando really grasped Doom’s voice here. Not the best showing, but he wrote Doom to be Doom.
    Plan to!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I will definitely be picking this up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thanks! I didn't realize Marvel was still doing these. I may check it out when I get some time. That's the thing I don't like about them. I could read the story faster then it takes to listen to these.

Amazing Member

Cool reference to Emperor Doom in recent Devil's Reign #2.

Doom2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing Member

Callback in Iron Man 15 to the universe Doom completely annihilated in his recent series. Dead dead dead!!

Doom3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by megatillo View Post
    Cool reference to Emperor Doom in recent Devil's Reign #2.

Doom2.jpg
    That image is almost too small to see but I can make out that containment structure. I did get issue #1 but I'm not committed to following this series. So thanks for posting that.

This just shows that where Doom leads others just follow

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-05-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megatillo View Post
    Callback in Iron Man 15 to the universe Doom completely annihilated in his recent series. Dead dead dead!!

Doom3.jpg
    Now Iron Man I am following....because it's Cantwell. Doom himself will pay Tony a visit soon. I featured that in Doom upcoming appearances in the closed thread but here it is again....

IRON MAN #17 - IN SHOPS FEBRUARY 23RD

Tony Stark roils with the Power Cosmic - the Iron Man now the IRON GOD! But despite his best intentions, is this truly a good thing for the Earth and the universe? Patsy Walker, A.K.A. HELLCAT, really doesn't think so...which is why she's gone for broke and enlisted the help of one DOCTOR DOOM. But if there's anybody who can make Tony angry, it's Victor... What happens when a cosmically powered Stark feels betrayed by the world's most arrogant Latverian? Likely, nothing short of total devastation.
    Rated T+

I expect Doom may make one of his typical last page appearances in issue #17 later this month

Amazing Member

Sorry about the small image. I don't understand the UI to post in this forum - it feels like it's from the 90s! The image size looks fine on my PC, any tips on how to get images properly sized?

That image is almost too small to see but I can make out that containment structure. I did get issue #1 but I'm not committed to following this series. So thanks for posting that.

This just shows that where Doom leads others just follow

I rarely use the image attachment feature here and load my images to imageshack. there is a fee there though but I think imgur is free. But maybe your image is too big....I think CBR limits the size and if it exceeds it it will knock it down. I do have a few stored here like this....It's only 47 Kb. I think it has to be 100 or less.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Catch tomorrow’s Darkhold. Orlando really grasped Doom’s voice here. Not the best showing, but he wrote Doom to be Doom.
    I'm not surprised it turned more into Wanda's story but she did seem to turn to Victor for help. There was that one panel where she gave to Darkhold to Victorious to take to him. Perhaps she had an awaking between pages and said "I'm going to do this myself!"

I liked that they did work as a team up to a point but this was ultimately Wanda's story. I hope that the effects of HoM/Disassembled are finally put to rest.

She seems content her to let Doom be in charge but she does make a rapid change and grabs the Darkhold away from him

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Happy New Year, Doom fiends and friends.

Thanks IM for the new appreciation thread, sorry I'm a little late to the party. Still catching up on this week's reading. More to come for sure.
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

SPOILERS FOR WASTERLANDERS: DOOM

spoilers:

end of spoilers

So they white washed Victor and Valeria and I am annoyed, like it's one thing to make Doom have blue eyes but now he is just a blond white kid and Valeria a blonde white lady (NOT Valeria Richards, og Valeria)
    Not sure if I will keep up with this comic mainly because this point is really turning me off of it.

I really hope someday we get a resolution to the Valeria trapped in Hell plot from the solo, because I really would love to see og Valeria either alive again or at least her story wrapped up.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

So they white washed Victor and Valeria and I am annoyed, like it's one thing to make Doom have blue eyes but now he is just a blond white kid and Valeria a blonde white lady (NOT Valeria Richards, og Valeria)
    Not sure if I will keep up with this comic mainly because this point is really turning me off of it.

I really hope someday we get a resolution to the Valeria trapped in Hell plot from the solo, because I really would love to see og Valeria either alive again or at least her story wrapped up.

I was going to post about the issue later today so I'll get to that part later. But I was going to be charitable and hope that this is a colorist's mistake. One would think that they would give those working the art a character guide or something so that they could keep the look of a character consistent.

I totally agree that Valeria has been stranded down in Hell with Mephisto for far too long. But I have my doubts anyone will. I was happy just to see her show up in Cantwell's story since she's not been seen since the recap in Books of Doom IIRC. I would have loved to have seen Cantwell tackle this in the solo if it were given a green light for another arc of stories.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-06-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I was going to post about the issue later today so I'll get to that part later. But I was going to be charitable and hope that this is a colorist's mistake. One would think that they would give those working the art a character guide or something so that they could keep the look of a character consistent.

I totally agree that Valeria has been stranded down in Hell with Mephisto for far too long. But I have my doubts anyone will. I was happy just to see her show up in Cantwell's story since she's not been seen since the recap in Books of Doom IIRC. I would have loved to have seen Cantwell tackle this in the solo if it were given a green light for another arc of stories.
    I just feel SOMEONE at marvel should have caught this, besides the colorist there were 3 editors on this but no one saw that it was completely different people? Even her features were not Valeria's, that's on the artist. I would have never known who they were if it wasn't written. But like as much as I want things to be done right for Doom stories I'm always disappointed by something.

I really wish Cantwell had gotten that second year, I can hardly believe the solo started in 2019, it feels like just yesterday.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Overall I liked Wastelanders but this part greatly annoyed me. I can see colorists giving Doom green or blue eyes as a genuine mistake but this Victor looks like he can be the twin brother of Franklin Richards while Valeria looks like she's the twin sister of Valeria Richards, just a little aged up.