Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

My Doom “shelf” is definitely too crowded. I should find another place for the collection… or at least get rid of the non-Doom Marvel volumes, problem is everywhere else is full of books: I have books everywhere, I could build bookshelves with books XD

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    So according to Richie Palmer, producer of DS MoM, the portal Reed used when he first appeared in the movie is actually Doom's time platform. A cool little detail and shows that the people in charge of MCU are well aware that Doom was already a time traveler long before Kang made abusing time his whole MO.
    Awesome! It was about time! This is the first time we get a tangible hint of Doom’s existence in the MCU. And his debut can’t be far off, now that Mr Fantastic’s paved the way.

Plus, there’s this persistent rumour about Doctor Doom making an appearance in Black Panther in one of the post credit scenes. It’s like a continuos buzz in the background, according to latest gossips Doom’s already been cast. I don’t believe any of this, but, among all the up-coming Marvel movies, Black Panther is definitely the most suitable for Doom’s debut.

Though this begs the question how did Reed get ahold of it? Did he made his own version or reverse engineer it or maybe Doom passed away in that universe? This may also mean Kang's time hopping tech is based on Doom's like it was implied in comics.
    Isn’t Doom’s time platform at the origin of the multiverse? I seem to recall something like that from the Earth X series, but I’m not sure… in the same series Reed started wearing Doctor Doom’s armor and lives in Doom’s castle with the time platform at his disposal. I don’t think he ever used it though.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Awesome! It was about time! This is the first time we get a tangible hint of Doom’s existence in the MCU. And his debut can’t be far off, now that Mr Fantastic’s paved the way.

Plus, there’s this persistent rumour about Doctor Doom making an appearance in Black Panther in one of the post credit scenes. It’s like a continuos buzz in the background, according to latest gossips Doom’s already been cast. I don’t believe any of this, but, among all the up-coming Marvel movies, Black Panther is definitely the most suitable for Doom’s debut.

Isn’t Doom’s time platform at the origin of the multiverse? I seem to recall something like that from the Earth X series, but I’m not sure… in the same series Reed started wearing Doctor Doom’s armor and lives in Doom’s castle with the time platform at his disposal. I don’t think he ever used it though.

Doom's rumored debut in BP: WF has been talked about for the last few years...the scoopers that have reported on it are some of the best in the business and have not only said he will be the mid/post credit, but that his scene was filmed separately to avoid spoilers. Further, a costume was supposedly made, that he would be the secret reason why Atlantis(Mayan equivalent) and Wakanda go to war. The same people that said Namor was going to be in WF and who would play him, are the same ones that said Doom is coming....I do trust my gut and that I believe Doom is coming...whether we see the actor yet or if its just a cool voice/presence, only time will tell.

Latveria has also been the subject of whether that was Doomstadt in the first episode of Moon Knight....a lot of people (including me) think it was.

None the less, I firmly believe Doom is coming and that we will have him sooner than later and get him involved with the multiversal stuff to lead to his inevitable take over in Secret Wars (Kang I believe will set it all up but Doom will ultimately win and become God Emperor)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I am slowly becoming more hopeful that these what may or may not be "click bait" stories may be true after all, esp since the info about Doom's platform is included in the extras on the Doctor Strange DVD.

Now I can't wait for November to see Wakanda Forever to see if this is all true!

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post

My Doom “shelf” is definitely too crowded. I should find another place for the collection… or at least get rid of the non-Doom Marvel volumes, problem is everywhere else is full of books: I have books everywhere, I could build bookshelves with books XD
    But it's crowded with goodness! I tend to scatter some Doom figures, among others on my bookcase too. I even have a little Nosferatu I sometimes mix in with the Doom figures. He even came with a little rat!

I sometimes like to mix around the figures and some of the collected works of Doom. Even though I have the collected Warren Ellis Doom 2099, we have no Doom 2099 figure of the proper scale to match the rest that have been out lately. Please Hasbro, work on that!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-26-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Another hot rumor over the weekend on Youtube and the usual comic book sites is that Daniel Craig may have been cast as Victor Von Doom. I would so be on board with that if it is true. I think it would be suitable to have someone British because I always "heard" Doom's voice in my head to be a sort of cultured accent that could be vaguely British and not as heavily Eastern European. His filmography does not have many current listings on IMDB and studios don't always release casting details on films not in production yet. There's been long stand rumors that a Doom appearance is likely to be in Wakanda Forever and they don't list any of the actors that appear in any of those end of credits scenes until after the movie opens.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-27-2022 at 08:32 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Latest Doctor Doom collectible:
    Dr Doom pin set from LootCrate 2021.jpg

It's bigger than you think and "made from the finest Latverian metals" ...
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I like the way they made the mask on that. Is that all one piece? It looks a bit 3 dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like the way they made the mask on that. Is that all one piece? It looks a bit 3 dimensional.
    It's two pieces, with those round closures on the back for each piece (not a hinged pin). It is made in China but has a (c)Marvel on it, so I assume licensed.
    "Because ... I am Doom

I would assume also. Many products are made in China.

What are your thoughts about all the rumors, getting stronger now, of Doom being featured in Wakanda Forever? Either in the end credits or perhaps behind the conflict with Wakanda and Atlantis. Waiting to see the trailer on this one to see what the plot is. I will be going to Thor: Love and Thunder next week but that one won't have any Doom tie ins

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I would assume also. Many products are made in China.

What are your thoughts about all the rumors, getting stronger now, of Doom being featured in Wakanda Forever? Either in the end credits or perhaps behind the conflict with Wakanda and Atlantis. Waiting to see the trailer on this one to see what the plot is. I will be going to Thor: Love and Thunder next week but that one won't have any Doom tie ins
    Well, first thought is "about time". Second thought is always, I hope they do it right. I'm not so sure about Daniel Craig for Doom - too blond - but it would be cool to have a good actor in the role, hopefully would bring some necessary elocution to the part and maybe some seriousness of tone and stature. I think the latest scuttlebutt is that he would appear in the post credit scene of the Wakanda movie. From there, don't know where they're planning to use him. I did immediately think that Reed was using Doom's time platform in the Illuminati scene in Dr Strange's Multiverse movie, although was more than a little surprised at the fate of the members there (Spoiler alert, Wanda is unkind). So that was a different universe Reed and who knows what happened to the Doom of that universe, but it was something at least.

How it goes from here on out is unclear, and I was unable to get tickets to SD Comic Con again this year, so I won't be getting any tidbits from there until they leak to the rest of us. I am perfectly happy if Doom is not tied to the Fantastic Four in his MCU debut, nor do I think he has to be the big "bad" to have a meaningful presence. My dream would be a Books of Doom or even a Triumph and Torment basis, but there is a whole lot of other material that they could use so only Kevin Feige knows for sure at this point.

Wait and see. Try not to have a nuclear war or get runover by a bus before the movie comes out, either one would leave me really disappointed.
    "Because ... I am Doom

That is my status right now. I just hope to see the MCU Doctor Doom hit the screen before I join the choir invisible! I have my doubts they will annouce anything at SDCC IF he is going to be a surprise reveal in Wakanda Forever.

I think Daniel Craig is one of those dark blonde's and who knows? They may have been touching it up for the movies. He wouldn't be the first in the MCU to have his hair color changed. Benedict Cumberbatch for example. Daniel Craig has shown versatility and I think his voice would be a plus. I loved him in "Knives Out" with "Captain America" Chris Evans. Supposedly there was a rumor that he was supposed to have filmed something a couple of years ago but held off because of the pandemic. So he may have been considered for some kind of role in the MCU back then.

Fantastic Member

Craig as Doom? Definitely. Sign me up.

I know right? It's definitely a quality choice. Not to disparage Toby Kebbell or Julian McMahon but the roles they were given as written were just not Doom anyway.

Came across this image of Doom on a Youtube video speculating about his upcoming debut in the MCU (and there are a lot of those lately!) The artist wasn't credited since it was just flashed on the screen. I really like this look though.

Here's the link to the video
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-28-2022 at 09:28 PM.

Ok that was cool, some interesting cast choices. Rufus Sewall is terrific, has a great look, but a little too small. Javier Bardem is a fabulous actor, but his spanish accent is too noticeable.

I just found out about a second Dr Doom chess piece that was done by Eaglemoss in 2015:2015 Eaglemoss Dr Doom chess figure King.jpg

Eaglemoss is based out of the UK, so we don't see their stuff around here much. Good luck finding one if you are hunting.

Eaglemoss also did a terrific Doom figure and magazine in 2005, but the figure was made of lead and so also hard to find here.

2005 Eaglemoss Classic Marvel Figure Collection #10 Dr Doom.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Ok that was cool, some interesting cast choices. Rufus Sewall is terrific, has a great look, but a little too small. Javier Bardem is a fabulous actor, but his spanish accent is too noticeable.

I just found out about a second Dr Doom chess piece that was done by Eaglemoss in 2015:2015 Eaglemoss Dr Doom chess figure King.jpg

Eaglemoss is based out of the UK, so we don't see their stuff around here much. Good luck finding one if you are hunting.

Eaglemoss also did a terrific Doom figure and magazine in 2005, but the figure was made of lead and so also hard to find here.

2005 Eaglemoss Classic Marvel Figure Collection #10 Dr Doom.jpg
    Some of my area's comic shops were able to get some before they put the ban on lead shipments. I still have some of those books too!

I have quite a collection. I found small display cases at Hobby Lobby that were more for sports memoribilia but the fit in here pretty well. I really liked that they made some figures other companies never bother with like Molecule Man and Hela. Namor and Doom are on the holder for the baseballs that this display case was made for but they work as pedestals for some of the figures. I am mad at myself because once when I was dusting them the hand for Annihilus came off. I looked all over but never found it!

Here's the case when it has the top on it....

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-29-2022 at 09:59 AM.