Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I got a surprise package. I had ordered this a while back from and it went on back order. Late yesterday afternoon it finally came. This is modeled after Skottie Young's version of Doom that appeared on a number of variant covers during Secret Wars 2015 and Axis. When I went to C2E2 they just had a bunch of glossy prints of Skottie Young's work so I grabbed a few. As you can see the model is exactly like Young's version of Doom. This came with a certificate of authenticity/Limited edition number 1367 of 3000. I ordered this from Entertainment Earth and it looks like it's back in stock.

To get a better idea of the scale, here's a group shot with some of my Funkos and a larger Doctor Doom sculpture.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-20-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Hasbro Pulse unboxing of Haslabs Marvel Legends Galactus, with the Doom head at 14:43.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Maestro World War M #5 was ok, better than the prior issues, I thought.

But once again Doom is defeated by his inferiors. Victor has teleportation technology, a time machine, Transferrence of Consciousness into another body, magic and an intellect possibly superior to Reeds. But somehow he loses to a half-Banner.

What happened to the Doom who defeated Galactus, the Watcher, the original Beyonder ; and leveraged Owen Reece's abilities to hold Battleworld together and basically save the multiverse from total extinction?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Doom is at the mercy of the writers and editors ... for now ...

Cool buy, IM, there is also a white version (I don't have) that was a San Diego Comic Con only special as I recall. Only 250 were available in 2021. They are very pricey on ebay now.
    2021 Diamond Select SDCC Doctor Doom white Skottie Young box2.jpg

The green one was supposed to be a "limited edition" also, but there's no way of knowing from the packaging how limited, and nothing to say that the retailer can't order more later. I believe I got this one in 2021.
    Diamond Select Dr Doom Skottie Young green box2.jpg

This is the latest resin model I'm painting, not quite done yet, but close. It's a CHIBI style Doctor Doom:
    Chibi Dr Doom painted.jpg

It's quite a bit larger than the others. I also just got a spectacular Doom on throne resin model that I'll be painting next. Hope I can do it justice!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I've not seen the Secret War version of the Skottie Young figure. If it was only at SDCC then I can see why it's not in any stores. I only saw a few listings on eBay for around $100. I did get lucky with a Marvel Superheroe Squad Doom (my favorite cartoon version of Doom) and this was also an SDCC. But it turned up in a booth when I went to Chicago's C2E2 a few years back. This actually is taken from an episode of the show where Doom has these dragon slippers with a monogrammed robe and has morning stubble on his mask.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-20-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Maestro World War M #5 was ok, better than the prior issues, I thought.

But once again Doom is defeated by his inferiors. Victor has teleportation technology, a time machine, Transferrence of Consciousness into another body, magic and an intellect possibly superior to Reeds. But somehow he loses to a half-Banner.

What happened to the Doom who defeated Galactus, the Watcher, the original Beyonder ; and leveraged Owen Reece's abilities to hold Battleworld together and basically save the multiverse from total extinction?
    PAD has had two 5 issue mini-series with his Maestro character and each time you get the same result of Maestro stomping on everyone. And now spoilers:
    Rick Jones has Doom's time platform, which I don't understand since his castle was blown up. At least Doom whipped up a Hulkbuster suit of armor then his castle got blown up by the Abomination. I didn't find his siding with Maestro to be very believable since he killed Bronsky's wife. But I say if you don't see any bodies than they may have all survived for the next series with Joe Fixit Hulk.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hasbro Pulse unboxing of Haslabs Marvel Legends Galactus, with the Doom head at 14:43.

I'd like to have this but no way do I have room for this. I did vote on the site for the Doom head. I love the including of 3 of the Heralds of Galactus

In case some are scratching their head about the Doom variant for the head, this comes from a story in Chip Zdarsky's Marvel 2 in One (2015) back when Doom was Infamous Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Doom is at the mercy of the writers and editors ... for now ...

Cool buy, IM, there is also a white version (I don't have) that was a San Diego Comic Con only special as I recall. Only 250 were available in 2021. They are very pricey on ebay now.
    2021 Diamond Select SDCC Doctor Doom white Skottie Young box2.jpg

The green one was supposed to be a "limited edition" also, but there's no way of knowing from the packaging how limited, and nothing to say that the retailer can't order more later. I believe I got this one in 2021.
    Diamond Select Dr Doom Skottie Young green box2.jpg

This is the latest resin model I'm painting, not quite done yet, but close. It's a CHIBI style Doctor Doom:
    Chibi Dr Doom painted.jpg

It's quite a bit larger than the others. I also just got a spectacular Doom on throne resin model that I'll be painting next. Hope I can do it justice!
    That sounds awesome.

I don't know if you still have these or not but there is a Future Foundation set of HeroClix at Big Bad Toy Store, which includes a white Doom figure

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Fantastic Member

Ya never know. I'd really like to see a Fixit/Doom teamup, where they're actually working together and don't want to kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    PAD has had two 5 issue mini-series with his Maestro character and each time you get the same result of Maestro stomping on everyone. And now spoilers:
    Rick Jones has Doom's time platform, which I don't understand since his castle was blown up. At least Doom whipped up a Hulkbuster suit of armor then his castle got blown up by the Abomination. I didn't find his siding with Maestro to be very believable since he killed Bronsky's wife. But I say if you don't see any bodies than they may have all survived for the next series with Joe Fixit Hulk.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Ya never know. I'd really like to see a Fixit/Doom teamup, where they're actually working together and don't want to kill each other.
    Yeah! Revisiting that partnership might be interesting (especially, if it isn't a "Doombot"):

I was reading this earlier but I didn't know if this Gray Hulk in Incredible Hulk #350 is Joe Fixit or if that is yet another version of the Hulk.

I was reading this earlier but I didn't know if this Gray Hulk in Incredible Hulk #350 is Joe Fixit or if that is yet another version of the Hulk.
    From what I recall, he's called "Mr. Fixit"! Here's Doom making a cameo in IH #349

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-21-2022 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Default MCU Rumours and Speculation about Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom has been trending on the interent these days with the speculation on what the bonus scenes will feature in the upcoming Wakanda Forever. I've seen several YouTube videos these past few days that purportedly contain an image of a screen test for the Doctor Doom costume. I am a bit skeptical on the this but then I was also skeptical about Reed Richards appearing in Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. We know now that Doctor Doom's famous Time Platform was used by Reed when he arrived to make their judgement of Doctor Strange. Sam Raimi and one of the producers admitted this in the bonus features on the DVD But they also said this is a Reed from an alternate universe. So I guess this means Reed will be recast for any Marvel Movie to be made later with the Fantastic Four.

This past week there was a leak of what is purported to be the concept art of Doctor Doom for the upcoming Wakanda Forever

I can't recall this image being posted anywhere before now. For all we know it could be some old concept art for the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game from a while back. Most of the videos I've seen speculate that Doom will be in one of those end credit scenes where they have been teasing the audience with clues to the next movie. Of course we know that Namor, or some MCU version of Namor, will be the main antagonist in Wakanda forever but the interesting speculation/click bait I've been seeing has to do with a behind the scenes alliance with Namor and Doctor Doom. This will be revealed during one of those end credits scenes. This has lead to the theory that Wakanda Forever will be taking some plot points from the Doomwar mini series. This does make some sense but these sites have been wrong at times.

This is about all the things I know about. Has anyone seen any other theories out there?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-21-2022 at 03:25 PM.

Doctor Doom has been trending on the interent these days with the speculation on what the bonus scenes will feature in the upcoming Wakanda Forever. I've seen several YouTube videos these past few days that purportedly contain an image of a screen test for the Doctor Doom costume. I am a bit skeptical on the this but then I was also skeptical about Reed Richards appearing in Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. We know now that Doctor Doom's famous Time Platform was used by Reed when he arrived to make their judgement of Doctor Strange. Sam Raimi and one of the producers admitted this in the bonus features on the DVD But they also said this is a Reed from an alternate universe. So I guess this means Reed will be recast for any Marvel Movie to be made later with the Fantastic Four.

This past week there was a leak of what is purported to be the concept art of Doctor Doom for the upcoming Wakanda Forever

I can't recall this image being posted anywhere before now. For all we know it could be some old concept art for the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game from a while back. Most of the videos I've seen speculate that Doom will be in one of those end credit scenes where they have been teasing the audience with clues to the next movie. Of course we know that Namor, or some MCU version of Namor, will be the main antagonist in Wakanda forever but the interesting speculation/click bait I've been seeing has to do with a behind the scenes alliance with Namor and Doctor Doom. This will be revealed during one of those end credits scenes. This has lead to the theory that Wakanda Forever will be taking some plot points from the Doomwar mini series. This does make some sense but these sites have been wrong at times.

This is about all the things I know about. Has anyone seen any other theories out there?
    From what has been said about that image, its the real deal albeit a pre-visual efx shot (the shot supposedly has his cloak and throne in it too)...well the idea is that Doom may be the one responsible for Wakanda and Atlantis (or whatever they are now calling Namor's kingdom considering the Mayan influence) going to war...i think Feige and company know too much is at stake to drop the ball on Doom and giving him his comic book look verbatim plus having pull the strings on certain global events as well as certain established MCU characters supposedly working for him (if the rumors are true several people are working for him that have been established). Only time will tell but Black Panther Wakanda Forever looks to be ...DOOM'S DAY....