Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Yep, I remember this one. But they hated each other, and Doom was using Fixit to punish Grimm. Manipulating him, much like the Leader did.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! Revisiting that partnership might be interesting (especially, if it isn't a "Doombot"):

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Yep, I remember this one. But they hated each other, and Doom was using Fixit to punish Grimm. Manipulating him, much like the Leader did.
    Good memory. Here's proof...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    From what has been said about that image, its the real deal albeit a pre-visual efx shot (the shot supposedly has his cloak and throne in it too)...well the idea is that Doom may be the one responsible for Wakanda and Atlantis (or whatever they are now calling Namor's kingdom considering the Mayan influence) going to war...i think Feige and company know too much is at stake to drop the ball on Doom and giving him his comic book look verbatim plus having pull the strings on certain global events as well as certain established MCU characters supposedly working for him (if the rumors are true several people are working for him that have been established). Only time will tell but Black Panther Wakanda Forever looks to be ...DOOM'S DAY....
    Another bit of info I've seen is that Lake Bell will be playing Lucia Von Bardas. In the comics, she eventually turned on Doom in Brubaker's Winter Soldier series. Her Marvel Wiki entry says she still stirring up trouble in Spider-Man #239. I will have to check that out.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-22-2022 at 07:26 AM.

So with what's revealed at comic con and assuming Doom does appear at the end of Black Panther WF I think Kang will be the villain front and center going forward with Doom being the stealth villain. During Kang Dynasty Kang tries to conquer the multiverse and heroes make an uneasy alliance with Doom to stop him. Heroes manage to beat Kang at the last second but not before all the damage done to various universes cause mass scale incursions. Then Doom attains some massive power from Kang or Celestials or Beyorders if MCU goes there and creates the Battleworld which leads into Secret Wars. I'd love if the two unannounced projects between Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars take place in Battleworld. This is just speculation on my part but I think there is a possibility it goes down like this.

That's all I've got in my head since this morning: DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

I wish we had heard anything Doom related from SDCC but it looks like they are keeping things tightly under wraps for now. Maybe the Howard Stern incident made them extra careful with what news leaks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    So with what's revealed at comic con and assuming Doom does appear at the end of Black Panther WF I think Kang will be the villain front and center going forward with Doom being the stealth villain. During Kang Dynasty Kang tries to conquer the multiverse and heroes make an uneasy alliance with Doom to stop him. Heroes manage to beat Kang at the last second but not before all the damage done to various universes cause mass scale incursions. Then Doom attains some massive power from Kang or Celestials or Beyorders if MCU goes there and creates the Battleworld which leads into Secret Wars. I'd love if the two unannounced projects between Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars take place in Battleworld. This is just speculation on my part but I think there is a possibility it goes down like this.
    No insult to the actor but I am really not crazy about the version of Kang we've gotten from the MCU so far. He's too loopy. But then that's what was sometimes happening to him in Cantwell's Doom series. Too much time travel scrambled his brain.

I can't help but agree that Doom is still a few years off when it comes to playing a featured role, much like they did with Thanos. Kang frequently was considered to be Doom light in the comics since he didn't invent his time machine, he just found it.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post

That's all I've got in my head since this morning: DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!
    LOL! This is awesome!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Default Doctor Doom Coming Attractions in Comics for October

Unfortunately there was no news for us Doomophiles here from SDCC but here are the appearances of the good Doctor in October. No variant covers listed yet but we may seem some later.

MIDNIGHT SUNS #2 OF 5

THE MIDNIGHT SUNS...ARE DOOMED! The new team of MIDNIGHT SUNS - MAGIK, WOLVERINE, BLADE, SPIRIT RIDER, AND NICO MINORU - face their first brutal test when DOCTOR DOOM lays siege to STRANGE ACADEMY! What is Doom after?! And an even bigger threat awaits IF they survive - a threat tied to the Sorcerer Supreme and one only the Midnight Suns have the power to overcome.

SHIPPING: October 19th
    WRITER: Ethan Sacks
    ARTIST: Luigi Zargaria
    COVER: David Nakayama

MECH STRIKE MONSTER HUNTERS #5

Doctor Doom has evolved into his final, most monstrous form yet! The Avengers will need an army of allies to face this threat - but will even that be enough to take down giant-size Doom?! It's armored action on a massive scale for this explosive finale!

SHIPPING: October 22, 2022
    WRITER: Christos Gage
    ARTIST: Paco Diaz
    COVER: E.J. Su

ALL OUT AVENGERS #2

The Avengers are on their knees, in chains and at the mercy of Doctor Doom. Their only hope lies in the one man with the strength, honor and sheer decency to possibly stand against the oncoming darkness: the hero the world knows as...Doctor Doom? Plunge into the action from page one and hold on for dear life, gentle reader - this tale doesn't let up for a moment!

SHIPPING: October 12, 2022
    WRITER: Derek Landy
    ARTIST: Greg Land
    COVER: Greg Land
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-26-2022 at 09:08 AM.

This has the ring of truth to it.

I haven't posted here before, but I'm an old, long time FF fan, and thus a Doom fan.

They change a lot of comic stuff for the MCU, Namor now being MesoAmerican but

I really did not want the Doom/Namor alliance thing to be forgotten, so I hope you're right.
    Still with the titling of "Kang Dynasty", does this play to Doom being in the role of Secret Wars from the comics?
    Perhaps, but maybe the movies will/eventually go with the idea that (very old, mostly not considered true?) that Doom either is/was Kang, or is also an ancestor.
    I prefer true mystery, that may never have one answer. The multiverse would make that too easy, in the case of Kang, but who know?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I haven't posted here before, but I'm an old, long time FF fan, and thus a Doom fan.

I really did not want the Doom/Namor alliance thing to be forgotten, so I hope you're right.
    Still with the titling of "Kang Dynasty", does this play to Doom being in the role of Secret Wars from the comics?
    Perhaps, but maybe the movies will/eventually go with the idea that (very old, mostly not considered true?) that Doom either is/was Kang, or is also an ancestor.
    I prefer true mystery, that may never have one answer. The multiverse would make that too easy, in the case of Kang, but who know?

Well I have been thinking a LOT about this...it would have been NICE to see Doom's name in one of the projects. As far as I know and have followed, I have NEVER seen Kevin Feige EVER say Doom's name in a public interview. The only hint of Doom he has ever talked about was to Noah Hawley about that movie at Fox that didn't happen. That said, I get that Kang is the central threat for Phases 4 - 6 and as much as I like Kang and have total faith in Jonathan Majors to kill it as Kang, I am truly worried that Secret Wars will ultimately be him. The only thing I can hope for is the old "bait and switch." Where Infinity War/Endgame showcased Thanos winning in part 1 and losing in part 2...perhaps Kang is on the cusp of victory in Kang Dynasty only to have Doom come in and end him/take his place/power and then we go into Secret Wars with him as God Emperor. Only this time, Doom wins ALL and reboots the entire MCU....

I just want to see Doom get the treatment that he deserves and I do wonder what Feige's opinion on Doom is...does he even like him? Will he just be relegated to being "Loki 2.0" and no grand aspirations ....

I have had probably unrealistic demands/goals for Doom for YEARS in a film(s) and I fully expect so much of it to never happen. Only time will tell....

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Hi Oberon, nice to see you here. I prefer it to remain unsettled too.

The whole Kang/Doom relationship has been a question mark for a while. I remember reading Kang's first appearance in the Avengers (his debut was in Fantastic Four #19 in his Rama Tut version) and perhaps it's not just coincidence that their appearances are back to back in Avengers 24 and 25. But they don't meet...that happens in FF annual #2. I thought these panels of Kang and Doom discussing the possibility of their being related from Christopher Cantwell's Doctor Doom solo are hilarious but also there's a lot of truth there. They really don't know themselves.

Earlier, the Avengers Forever series also leaves things a bit vague

I think Doom will show up eventually. Some are still pushing the rumor that he will have and end of credits scene in Wakana Forever. I'd like that especially if it links him to Namor, his old frenemy from Super-Villian Team Up. They've been teaming up and breaking up ever since Fantastic Four #6. That sure is longer than a lot of comic book marriages!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Well I have been thinking a LOT about this...it would have been NICE to see Doom's name in one of the projects. As far as I know and have followed, I have NEVER seen Kevin Feige EVER say Doom's name in a public interview. The only hint of Doom he has ever talked about was to Noah Hawley about that movie at Fox that didn't happen. That said, I get that Kang is the central threat for Phases 4 - 6 and as much as I like Kang and have total faith in Jonathan Majors to kill it as Kang, I am truly worried that Secret Wars will ultimately be him. The only thing I can hope for is the old "bait and switch." Where Infinity War/Endgame showcased Thanos winning in part 1 and losing in part 2...perhaps Kang is on the cusp of victory in Kang Dynasty only to have Doom come in and end him/take his place/power and then we go into Secret Wars with him as God Emperor. Only this time, Doom wins ALL and reboots the entire MCU....

I just want to see Doom get the treatment that he deserves and I do wonder what Feige's opinion on Doom is...does he even like him? Will he just be relegated to being "Loki 2.0" and no grand aspirations ....

I have had probably unrealistic demands/goals for Doom for YEARS in a film(s) and I fully expect so much of it to never happen. Only time will tell....
    Now that you mention it, Feige hasn't mentioned Doom at all in any interview or appearance. Does this mean they still haven't quite decided how to bring him in the MCU or they have decided and he doesn't want it leaked out like Howard Stern apparently did. It wouldn't surprise me if they cancel that idea they had with him or maybe they will just hope not a lot of people know about that story. We comic book fans do but the vast number of movie goers who don't necessarily read the comics may not have paid attention.

I still am waiting to hear any casting news but I think that's still a ways off.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-26-2022 at 10:33 AM.

If we hear any news about Doom, it will likely be at D23. It is odd that they are doing Secret Wars but no news about Doom. But then again, they did Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet without Adam Warlock as well.

I don't know how connected Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty will be since they are set months apart. One could lead into the other but that's a complicated production. It's possible that they will be two separate stories, one set of heroes fight Kang on earth and another set of heroes fights the Beyonder in another world.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If we hear any news about Doom, it will likely be at D23. It is odd that they are doing Secret Wars but no news about Doom. But then again, they did Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet without Adam Warlock as well.

I don't know how connected Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty will be since they are set months apart. One could lead into the other but that's a complicated production. It's possible that they will be two separate stories, one set of heroes fight Kang on earth and another set of heroes fights the Beyonder in another world.
    I know I will be really upset if they give a major Doom event(s) over to Kang! After all the first Secret War had that iconic cover for issue #10 and Secret Wars 2015 was mostly about Doom. In both it was Doom who took on the Beyonder (s) and won. Although in the 2015 series, he had already done that in the lead in from Hickman's New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know I will be really upset if they give a major Doom event(s) over to Kang! After all the first Secret War had that iconic cover for issue #10 and Secret Wars 2015 was mostly about Doom. In both it was Doom who took on the Beyonder (s) and won. Although in the 2015 series, he had already done that in the lead in from Hickman's New Avengers.
    Yes that is my biggest fear too IM....

Also there have been a few names of people that have been "rumored" to be cast as Doom in the last few weeks

Nikolaj Costau Waldeau (spelling???)

Now, Antony Starr (just yesterday they said it)

Its supposed to be a stand in for Doom in his supposed "cameo" in WF....

All things with time....fingers crossed for good things...