Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oops. Sorry guys. I had a brain freeze. That should read " I will be really disapppointed if Sokovia ISN'T rechristened as Latveria

I was doing some more brainstorming (or maybe more like a light rain ) while I was running my errands and getting the latest Doom outing in Captain America Symbol of Truth #3.

The way I see it, both Wanda and Dr. Strange had a "fall from grace" at the end of "Multiverse of Madness" I think that makes it much easier for them to be "courted" by Doom and he could sway them to see things his way. You could turn that it to a lead in to either story...."Triumph and Torment" or "The Children's Crusade". Call me crazy but I think it would be cool if Wanda joined them in fighting Mephisto.
    I have the feeling that they will replace Mephisto with Chthon as the demonic big bad.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've read that too and it disappoints me. I guess it's got something to do with Mephisto being too closely tied to Biblical concept. I think that's ridiculous but they tend to want to tread carefully and not offend people. I think it would be cool if he does show up and looks as scary as Tim Curry's Darkness character in Legend (1985)

Just a brief rundown of Doom's appearance in Captain America: Symbol of Truth #3. I'm not marking spoilers on this since these pages were widely previewed.

Writer: Tochi Onyebuchi
    Artists: R.B. Silva & Ze Carlos

In the previous issue, Doom had found out that Sam Wilson and Deadpool were investigating the activities of a vibranium smuggling operation and the attack of a train on the U.S./Mexico boarder. So now they have to face Judge Doom, who has compiled a laundry list of offenses to charge them with.

This is the extent of Doom's appearance in the story and he will probably pop up again. I have to admit I find his explanation that the supplies in question were humanitarian doesn't ring true. He probably has some other scheme at work here since he has long coveted his own stock of vibranium.

The artist do a fine job here and of course Silva has done Doom before when he was one of the artists on Fantastic Four. The writer is new to me and so far at least he shows some knowledge of the MU. I am curious to see how this all turns out.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

You know I never thought about how Sam and Wade have the same last name. Huh.

I just love how there’re so many articles on the internet titled “Marvel reveals the new Thanos!” or “Kang is the new Thanos!” while reveiling how ignorant the people writing these articles are on the matter. They have no idea what Secret Wars is… otherwise they would question Doom’s absence XD And these are people who should know their job, and should know not to ever trust Marvel!
    But look how Marvel just shifted the internet’s interest: before Comic Con there was a lot of noise about Doctor Doom now it’s all about Kang, Doom disappeared from the records. I can’t avoid thinking there’s something in the pipeline! Right now everything it’s a bit too simple and straight forward for my taste.

The way I see it, both Wanda and Dr. Strange had a "fall from grace" at the end of "Multiverse of Madness" I think that makes it much easier for them to be "courted" by Doom and he could sway them to see things his way. You could turn that it to a lead in to either story...."Triumph and Torment" or "The Children's Crusade". Call me crazy but I think it would be cool if Wanda joined them in fighting Mephisto.
    I’d love that! I’d like to see them build Doom up as an ambiguous character, someone to turn to when things gets muddy; he is after all a very versatile character who can play either the hero or the villain or both. Wanda may take the Molecule Man’s place in Secret Wars wondrous trio! And on that note… what about Mr. Reece? Is he gonna appear somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Sokovia did have a castle with a factory of robots in Age of Ultron. It was shown to still be standing.
    Sokovia’s castle is the fortress of Bard! A few kilometers from where I live! So if Sokovia becomes Latveria, do I basically become Latverian too?
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 07-28-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Hey there, IM, and as usual you have all the points and right graphics.

Doom and Namor just belong to each other in a way that Sue, Dorma or whoever can not equal, LOL.

I love the idea of the interplay between Kang and Doom and how they are each trying to subvert each other.
    This could be Shakesperian!
    Last edited by Oberon; 07-28-2022 at 02:42 PM.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mephisto's appearance in the old Silver Surfer comic, late '60s was definitive too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I've read that too and it disappoints me. I guess it's got something to do with Mephisto being too closely tied to Biblical concept. I think that's ridiculous but they tend to want to tread carefully and not offend people. I think it would be cool if he does show up and looks as scary as Tim Curry's Darkness character in Legend (1985)
    I think it would more easily link him to Wanda. He tries to free his mother's soul through her.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-28-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That throneroom and the coloring is AWESOME.

That throne, however, is far too plain for Doom.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

True.....And IF Doom shows up some day in the MCU I'd like to see that Latverian flag. This is a nice version of a Doom throne by Joe Jusko

Or this one by Sal Larocca

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2022 at 11:06 PM.

^^^Hopefully you don't mind, but I think these additions might be of interest (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-29-2022 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Thanks! I like the first one the best. It looks familiar. Does this come from a comic book?

Thanks! I like the first one the best. It looks familiar. Does this come from a comic book?
    Honestly, I just googled "Dr. Doom's throne" and that was one of the first images that came up.
    Patrick Brown is the artist & here's the link to his website: https://www.deviantart.com/patrickbr...rone-854815870

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-29-2022 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Fantastic Member

His throne, on the original Battleworld.

Doom_Battleworld_SecretWars_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Honestly, I just googled "Dr. Doom's throne" and that was one of the first images that came up.
    Patrick Brown is the artist & here's the link to his website: https://www.deviantart.com/patrickbr...rone-854815870

Thanks. There was another one of his works posted here before...maybe from you!

I found his website and his page of Marvel work here. I try to avoid deviantart because they were very bad about having a lot of questionable material there.

He's listed under creators on the Marvel site and he's done a lot of covers for them
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-29-2022 at 12:00 PM.