Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, it came out this week. Your comic shop should be able to order it or you can get it at Amazon. I passed on this because I have all the stories in other TPBs or the single issues.

I don't think it had any bonus features.It has some strange omissions. The description:

COLLECTING: Fantastic Four (1961) 5-6, 39-40, 246-247, 258, 278-279, 350, 352; Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 5; Marvel Super-Heroes (1967) 20; Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up (1975) 1-2; Super-Villain Team-Up (1975) 13-14; Champions (1975) 16; Amazing Spider-Man Annual (1964) 14; Uncanny X-Men (1981) 145-147; Iron Man (1968) 149-150; Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) 10-12; Marvel Graphic Novel (1982): Emperor Doom, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom - Triumph and Torment; Fantastic Four (1998) 67-70, 500; Fantastic Four Special (2005) 1; Books of Doom (2005) 1-6; material from Fantastic Four (1961) 236, 358; Fantastic Four Annual (1963) 2; Astonishing Tales (1970) 1-3, 6-8; Marvel Double-Shot (2003) 2

Notice in the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four it doesn't have the arc where he steals the Power Cosmic from the Silver Surfer. There are only 2 issues of Super-Villain Team-Up. Giant-Sized Team up #1 features reprints of the Sub-Mariner #20 and Marvel Superheroes #20. Issue #2 was an original story with Doom and Namor and some rebellious androids. They are skipping over Astonishing Tales 4 and 5. Issue 4 is a goofy little story where Doom takes a vacation on the French Riveria and #5 is when the Red Skull briefly takes over Latveria. I can understand why they don't include Cantwell's series or Infamous Iron Man...maybe because they are too recent I guess. It could be the skipped on the entire SVTU run since there TPB is fairly recent.
    I know, right?! They even left out...

F4 VS. the X-Men '87

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-17-2022 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow....you're right. Another one that should be in there. Maybe there's just too much goodness to go into one volume

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I think there is just too much Doom for one volume, it's already 1300+ pages.

You can read the introduction by long time Marvel editor Ralph Macchio on the preview pages on Amazon. It was really good.

I'm getting mine tomorrow from the LCS. I don't have collected editions elsewhere, so it's nice to not have to open up the originals for a read.
    ds

ps: I only wish it was oversize. how awesome would that be?
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I think there is just too much Doom for one volume, it's already 1300+ pages.

You can read the introduction by long time Marvel editor Ralph Macchio on the preview pages on Amazon. It was really good.

I'm getting mine tomorrow from the LCS. I don't have collected editions elsewhere, so it's nice to not have to open up the originals for a read.
    ds

ps: I only wish it was oversize. how awesome would that be?
    It is oversized. Not Treasury oversized, but bigger than a comic or Masterworks or trade paperback size. All the omnibus are. I didn't realize it was so many pages, however. The paper they use now is soooo thin.

Regardless, I placed an order at In Stock Trades today -- it was actually on sale this week. MUST HAVE book for me.

https://www.instocktrades.com/produc...oom-omnibus-hc

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

wow....just checked out that price. I think you convinced me to order it now!

The next model arrived, there will be some time spent putting this one together. Lots of smaller pieces (also the seller inexplicably sent extra pieces of some parts). I hope I don't mess it up putting it together because it's going to be tricky. Lots of overlapping bits and it is clear that there is probably an order to assembling some parts. No instructions!
    2022-08-18 16.59.55.jpg

2022-08-18 17.00.18.jpg

Here's what he's supposed to look like when complete:
    Wicked Dr Doom statue full 2021.jpg

I just realized looking at the pieces, that there are four hands coming up through the rocks, and they represent the Fantastic Four members. I hadn't noticed that from the computer art.
    "Because ... I am Doom

wow....just checked out that price. I think you convinced me to order it now!
    Yes, I was surprised to see it at that discount. Most of the Marvel stuff they have at 38% off.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    The next model arrived, there will be some time spent putting this one together. Lots of smaller pieces (also the seller inexplicably sent extra pieces of some parts). I hope I don't mess it up putting it together because it's going to be tricky. Lots of overlapping bits and it is clear that there is probably an order to assembling some parts. No instructions!
    2022-08-18 16.59.55.jpg

2022-08-18 17.00.18.jpg

Here's what he's supposed to look like when complete:
    Wicked Dr Doom statue full 2021.jpg

I just realized looking at the pieces, that there are four hands coming up through the rocks, and they represent the Fantastic Four members. I hadn't noticed that from the computer art.
    This looks AMAZING. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This guy has a free template and a video on how to make a Doom mask out of HD foam! I may have to try it with paper or cheap foam.

He's got plenty of other cosplay props and stuff you can make.

https://www.sksprops.com/templates

Amazing Member

The Doom Omnibus was a must buy for me. I have most of the FF issues from the omni, but I never had or read Books of Doom or Triumph and Torment. Each individually is over 100 dollars, but I ordered this omnibus for only $67.50 on instocktrades. I couldn't pass up a deal like that and can't wait until it arrives.

I don't blame you. I put my order in too. So far I haven't got a tracking number yet though. I ordered in the evening on the 18th.

In other news, Doom made an appearance in this week's Fortnite: Zero War #3. I love how some artists give him the fur trim

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-20-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Took me two tries to get this, but this is what I was looking for on the base of the latest model:
    2022-08-21 14.25.12.jpg

Now on to the rest and DOOM!
    "Because ... I am Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Demoslider View Post
    The Doom Omnibus was a must buy for me. I have most of the FF issues from the omni, but I never had or read Books of Doom or Triumph and Torment. Each individually is over 100 dollars, but I ordered this omnibus for only $67.50 on instocktrades. I couldn't pass up a deal like that and can't wait until it arrives.
    OMG! You're in for a doozy of a good time. Triumph & Torment is an all-time favorite among fans of Doom!
    Several critics have lauded it, while others haven't. But I do not care, for I will always consider it: Higly Recommended

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-22-2022 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Yes, it came out this week. Your comic shop should be able to order it or you can get it at Amazon. I passed on this because I have all the stories in other TPBs or the single issues. I don't think it had any bonus features.

It has some strange omissions. The description:

COLLECTING: Fantastic Four (1961) 5-6, 39-40, 246-247, 258, 278-279, 350, 352; Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 5; Marvel Super-Heroes (1967) 20; Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up (1975) 1-2; Super-Villain Team-Up (1975) 13-14; Champions (1975) 16; Amazing Spider-Man Annual (1964) 14; Uncanny X-Men (1981) 145-147; Iron Man (1968) 149-150; Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) 10-12; Marvel Graphic Novel (1982): Emperor Doom, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom - Triumph and Torment; Fantastic Four (1998) 67-70, 500; Fantastic Four Special (2005) 1; Books of Doom (2005) 1-6; material from Fantastic Four (1961) 236, 358; Fantastic Four Annual (1963) 2; Astonishing Tales (1970) 1-3, 6-8; Marvel Double-Shot (2003) 2

Notice in the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four it doesn't have the arc where he steals the Power Cosmic from the Silver Surfer. There are only 2 issues of Super-Villain Team-Up. Giant-Sized Team up #1 features reprints of the Sub-Mariner #20 and Marvel Superheroes #20. Issue #2 was an original story with Doom and Namor and some rebellious androids. They are skipping over Astonishing Tales 4 and 5. Issue 4 is a goofy little story where Doom takes a vacation on the French Riveria and #5 is when the Red Skull briefly takes over Latveria. I can understand why they don't include Cantwell's series or Infamous Iron Man...maybe because they are too recent I guess. It could be the skipped on the entire SVTU run since there TPB is fairly recent.
    Also, the book is already HUGE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Also, the book is already HUGE!!!!
    And to think that it only scrapes the surface of all the Doctor Doom appearances. But it does hit some of the best stories (would have liked to omit the Unthinkable storyline - draw your own conclusions). It also includes some absolute gems. Including Quotations of Doom!
    "Because ... I am Doom

Oh, is that a bonus feature of the book? That's cool! My order hasn't got it's tracking number yet and it is still being processed.

I would rather not have had Unthinkable either...but it looks like they skipped Waid's Authoritative Action follow up. I didn't like that one either. That's where Reed had trapped himself with Doom in a dimensional prison. Then Doom escapes and starts using the Ovoid Mind Transfer willy-nilly until Ben commits suicide while Doom is trapped in his form with him. That should never happen since that's not the way it works. Waid didn't think that through. When he first swapped with Sue, she would have been in Doom's body back in the prison Reed created.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-22-2022 at 02:03 PM.