Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I forgot to add him to my list. I may have to create a spreadsheet to keep track of them! Cavill was also rumored to be playing Hyperion of the Squadron Supreme. But I don't recall seeing anything about them being in Marvel's next phases but this was part of a rumor for season two of the Loki series. here at CBR
    Yes. Everyone wants Doom! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I remember when Nathan Fillion was rumored for Wonder Man. These casting decisions are often very fluid. Rumors will abound.
    Wow. Nathan Fillion would have been great as Wonder Man! He may be a bit older now ... though that could be worked into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I actually dreamt of Wakanda Forever’s post credits scene last night. I have no idea where I was, if I were watching it at the cinema or on my pc, but the camera was following a character (no clue on their identity, maybe Namor?) into some kind of cave with a big archway and then it widened out to show Doom’s symbol on the keystone… and then the character entered the cave and I could hear Doom’s voice saying something I don’t remember… and then I woke up ^^’ Didn’t even get the chance to see him!
    This sounds exactly like it would happen! We'll know in a few months.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Maybe we have a psychic on the board! I wish I had the ability to know the lottery numbers!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doom is center (and almost front!) in Alex Ross' Villains Timeless Variant Cover.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ess-piece-2022

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Sorry to be late checking but that is just an amazing cover by Alex Ross. I think this is his best work yet! I am going to try and get that variant!

Not much Doom news but there was an article a couple days ago in the Hollywood Reporter that makes me want to take the rumors about Doom appearing in Wakanda Forever a bit more seriously. Usually the Hollywood reporter is not your typical clickbait site so this is worth noting.

The ‘Black Panther’ sequel is poised to be a meditation on monarchs and could even introduce a ‘Fantastic Four’ antagonist earlier than expected......
    T’Challa and Namor straddle the line of king and superhero, and king and anti-hero, respectively. But there also exists a third point of comparison. In the same Black Panther run by Priest that introduced the conflict between T’Challa and Namor, a third monarch waged war against the two kingdoms: Doctor Doom. As king and villain, Doom is yet another look at what the throne means, and in this instance when it is truly a symbol of self rather than a nation. Yet, Doom’s Latveria, in the comics, is a peaceful nation, one in which its residents have little to worry about and aren’t even forced to fight the wars of their ruler. No one is as broken as Doom, yet by Namor’s estimation, does that make him a great leader? While purely speculative, Huerta’s comments about not being the villain and the themes of Wakanda Forever illuminated by the recent trailer suggest that Doom may play a role in this epic clash of nations.
    You can read the entire article here and there is an interesting discussion that includes Namor and Black Panther

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Leaves Door Open for a Classic Villain
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-04-2022 at 10:56 PM.

I truely think we will get Doom as a post credits stinger at the end of Black Panther WF. It just makes too much sense. Secret Wars isn't far off so they have to introduce or at least tease Doom sooner rather than later. Out of all the announced projects WF is tailor made for this considering Doom's comic history with both Namor and T'challa. This gives MCU enough time to develop Doom along the way and if they decide to make him the villain of the first F4 movie too then they don't have to worry about his origin since they have have ample time between WF and F4 for that.

Cannot wait for the meeting between the monarchs - the cinematic version. Until then though, I'm still enjoying the one from Astonishing Tales (Vol. 1):

First, the encounter from George Tuska (Astonishing Tales #6)

Then, the battle from Gene Colan (Astonishing Tales #7)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-04-2022 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Sorry to be late checking but that is just an amazing cover by Alex Ross. I think this is his best work yet! I am going to try and get that variant!
    I'm pretty sure this is going to be like his Timeless variant covers last year, where he drew / painted each character individually, then put them all together for a wall mural.

Regardless, I'm definitely getting that Doom cover. Maybe Annhilus, who looks amazing, too. As well as Loki and Hela.

Not much Doom news but there was an article a couple days ago in the Hollywood Reporter that makes me want to take the rumors about Doom appearing in Wakanda Forever a bit more seriously. Usually the Hollywood reporter is not your typical clickbait site so this is worth noting.

You can read the entire article here and there is an interesting discussion that includes Namor and Black Panther

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Leaves Door Open for a Classic Villain

Yeah, that not a correct recap of Doom's role in Priest series. Yes, he was at the meeting of kings and rulers, but he bailed, IIRC, as something not worthy of his time. The only two that went to war, were the initial two involved, i.e. Namor and T'challa. It was still cool to see him there, though. I think he's conflating Priest's run with Doomwar.

I also don't think he's correct in that no one in Latveria has little to worry about.

He also falls into the trap of thinking that a great leader is necessarily a morally good / benevolent one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is going to be like his Timeless variant covers last year, where he drew / painted each character individually, then put them all together for a wall mural.

Regardless, I'm definitely getting that Doom cover. Maybe Annhilus, who looks amazing, too. As well as Loki and Hela.

Yeah, that not a correct recap of Doom's role in Priest series. Yes, he was at the meeting of kings and rulers, but he bailed, IIRC, as something not worthy of his time. The only two that went to war, were the initial two involved, i.e. Namor and T'challa. It was still cool to see him there, though. I think he's conflating Priest's run with Doomwar.

I also don't think he's correct in that no one in Latveria has little to worry about.

He also falls into the trap of thinking that a great leader is necessarily a morally good / benevolent one.
    Yes, you are correct. In that particular issue, Doom is still trying to tame Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet which he called Planet Doom and he appears only via hologram. But he does provide some intel from his spy satellites that showed how the culprits were who attacked the USS Roussos.

I like how Priest has Doom throwing some shade on Magneto refering to his Holocaust experience. IIRC there were several writers at Marvel that felt when Clarement added that to Magneto's origins years after his debut that he was stealing a bit from Doom's origins as child whose Romani tribe was persecuted by the ruling class of Latveria. Byrne was the most vocal as I recall about that and to paraphrase he said that Claremont's revision of Magneto was a "half-a**ed version of Doom"

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-06-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Temper expectations of Doom in WF. Not something that was filmed during principal photography.

Truly depends on if they filmed it during reshoots or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Temper expectations of Doom in WF. Not something that was filmed during principal photography.

Actually according to the various scoopers, Doom's supposed mid credit was filmed SEPARATELY from the main shoot....

Yes, I've read the same thing. Wakanda Forever's film shoot was messed up by various factors, the death of their leading man and the pandemic. They've reshot some scenes but I don't know which. The Doom scene may have been shot with a stand in actor since there is no official casting yet, as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Actually according to the various scoopers, Doom's supposed mid credit was filmed SEPARATELY from the main shoot....
    Yes, I've read the same thing. Wakanda Forever's film shoot was messed up by various factors, the death of their leading man and the pandemic. They've reshot some scenes but I don't know which. The Doom scene may have been shot with a stand in actor since there is no official casting yet, as far as we know.
    I know they did reshoots right after SDCC, and I want to say I recall them saying they did them after D23 too -- which is much later, and a bit close, IMO. I could see the latter being a post movie scene. That said, I'm not entirely sure I want that to happen in BPWF.

Yes, you are correct. In that particular issue, Doom is still trying to tame Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet which he called Planet Doom and he appears only via hologram. But he does provide some intel from his spy satellites that showed how the culprits were who attacked the USS Roussos.

I like how Priest has Doom throwing some shade on Magneto refering to his Holocaust experience. IIRC there were several writers at Marvel that felt when Clarement added that to Magneto's origins years after his debut that he was stealing a bit from Doom's origins as child whose Romani tribe was persecuted by the ruling class of Latveria. Byrne was the most vocal as I recall about that and to paraphrase he said that Claremont's revision of Magneto was a "half-a**ed version of Doom"

I'd forgotten about the satellite help.

Did not know that about Byrne and company's feelings over Claremont's Magneto. It may have been inspired by Doom, but I think it was one of the best things that happened to Magneto.

I am glad someone remembered the crap Magneto did to Namor, especially in FF 102 +. It was never addressed or resolved elsewhere, IIRC.

You know. I'd LOVE to see a Christopher Priest Doom series. I know he did that one shot, but a whole series. It would be awesome!

Commission by Francesco Mobili at NYCC. Time to start doing some NYCC searches.

https://twitter.com/FraMobArt/status...kGvMODhkdF6IvQ

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'd forgotten about the satellite help.

Did not know that about Byrne and company's feelings over Claremont's Magneto. It may have been inspired by Doom, but I think it was one of the best things that happened to Magneto.

I am glad someone remembered the crap Magneto did to Namor, especially in FF 102 +. It was never addressed or resolved elsewhere, IIRC.

You know. I'd LOVE to see a Christopher Priest Doom series. I know he did that one shot, but a whole series. It would be awesome!
    I would have loved to see him do a mini series too. He's not tied to one company and recently did a mini series U.S Agent for Marvel in 2021. Looks like he's currently doing a Vampirella series.

Byrne made the remarks some years back on his forum Byrne Robotics but my account is dormant there. There used to be a Wiki about John Byrne quotes but I think since it was done by someone else he requested that it be removed.