Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1227
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Default Custom Doom 2099 progress report

2022-12-06 13.04.13.jpg

The cape is going to be hardest because I don't sew that well, but I have some nice blue fabric that I hope will work and I may even paint it a little to make it darker. I will add some wire along the edges but there's no way it will be as wild as the Pat Broderick version. The spikes will also be tricky but I have a plan for them. This is a good start. I was initially going to try to keep the original skirt and cape, but opted against it. Although he has joints I'm going to fix them in place by the time it's done and make it more like a statue. The mask will be largely unchanged, but for the red eyes. Also keeping the original belt, modified a little - it covers up a prominent joint at the waist, so even though it's different it will have to do.

ds
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 12-06-2022 at 05:50 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Looks good so far but very challenging!

Now for the highlight of the week....Fantastic Four #2

I made a similar post in the Fantastic Four thread but will add parts of it here

Even though Doom doesn't make an appearance here, his presence is felt throughout the story. I also like how we get some previously unknown elements of Reed and Victor's college days with North using the character of Mary he refreshingly gives a somewhat sympathetic version of a young Victor. We already knew Victor was a loner and worked on his own projects on campus. It's nice to know he did find a woman who acted like a sort of den mother and looked after him. It was surprising that he became close to her and in his own unique way he looked after her for all those years. Mary took a very maternal interest in Victor and he was very touched by her concern in making sure he would get a deal and perhaps a sympathetic ear. In his conversation with the woman Reed was sensitive enough to not contradict her and didn't make any remarks about the man Victor became. He even made sure that the Doombots that were acting has her guardians would be given proper burials when they had "aged out".

I have been finding a lot of Doom appearances lacking this year but even though he doesn't appear in a single panel, this is one of my favorite issues of 2022.

Thanks for the heads up on FF #2, IM!

Here's progress so far on the custom Doom 2099 figure
    2022-12-08 11.00.39.jpg

Next difficult part will be figuring out how (or if) to make the red eye lenses. Then, the cape. yikes. Painting should be easy after all of that!
    "Because ... I am Doom

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

David Michelinie is going to write Doctor Doom again next year, but against Venom, in a mini-series.

"One of the happiest parts of my career was when I was originating and developing Venom," Michelinie said. "So returning to that era is like having my own time machine. And to put Venom up against Doctor Doom, my favorite villain…sweet icing on the cake!"

BROCK VS. DOOM. 'NUFF SAID! Be there for this incredible showdown when VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR II arrives in March! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR II #1 (OF 5)
    Written by DAVID MICHELINIE
    Art by FARID KARAMI
    Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA
    On Sale 3/29

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/veno...id-michelinie/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

^^^OMG! Looking forward to the comic book version (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    David Michelinie is going to write Doctor Doom again next year, but against Venom, in a mini-series.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/veno...id-michelinie/
    Thanks! I read that earlier but was going to post it later. It's too bad Bob Layton doesn't seem to be involved. I think he used to do the art or sometimes the inking over JRJr on their Iron Man series. They were a great team on the Iron Man series especially the memorable time travel story

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on FF #2, IM!

Here's progress so far on the custom Doom 2099 figure
    2022-12-08 11.00.39.jpg

Next difficult part will be figuring out how (or if) to make the red eye lenses. Then, the cape. yikes. Painting should be easy after all of that!

This is looking amazing! Did you use clay for the pointy spikes?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I read that earlier but was going to post it later. It's too bad Bob Layton doesn't seem to be involved. I think he used to do the art or sometimes the inking over JRJr on their Iron Man series. They were a great team on the Iron Man series especially the memorable time travel story

Awwww. Sorry to steal you post. I just got excited.

That would be awesome to see Bob Layton and Michiline reunite. He still does commissions, and they look great. They are definitely going old school with some of these mini-series so I'm surprised they didn't get him.

Pretty much my thoughts on Kang when compared to his majesty for the upcoming phases of the MCU especially if they hand Secret Wars over to Kang...(I like Kang but he pales compared to you know who

319010597_1505716449950913_7901623825828654210_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts on Kang when compared to his majesty for the upcoming phases of the MCU especially if they hand Secret Wars over to Kang...(I like Kang but he pales compared to you know who

319010597_1505716449950913_7901623825828654210_n.jpg
    I agree. I have been watching some those YouTube bloggers that claim to have all the latest news. I hate seeing Kang associated with Secret Wars when both versions featured Doom as the main adversary. According to them Kang is going to be the next big bad and that disappoints me. Even in the comics Kang really doesn't stir up that much interest. But because TPTB at MCU are developing other projects with Kang like the Quantumania films coming uup makes me disappointed that there is no word out there on Doom. The FF movie has been pushed pack to 2025 I think and even then that was not going to include Doom. I wish he would just get a mention in some of these upcoming films. Sometimes it feels like we will have to wait unti 2030

BTW, where does that panel come from?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-09-2022 at 02:14 PM.

I remember that page from Kang's 5 issue mini series last year but I can't remember which issue.

Edit: Just checked, it's #3.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 12-09-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Awesome! Good to see Carlos Magno is still around...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-09-2022 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This is looking amazing! Did you use clay for the pointy spikes?
    Yes, an epoxy modeling clay called Milliput. I also used it for the skirt and to flesh out the gaps around the belt. Here's a kind of mock-up for the cape ...
    2022-12-08 17.36.22.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

That is really all coming together. I think you found a good match for the blue of the cape

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I remember that page from Kang's 5 issue mini series last year but I can't remember which issue.

Edit: Just checked, it's #3.
    Thanks! I didn't buy that Kang series. I can probably find it on Marvel Unlimited since it's an older comic.