Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1227
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Yes, an epoxy modeling clay called Milliput. I also used it for the skirt and to flesh out the gaps around the belt. Here's a kind of mock-up for the cape ...
    Attachment 126843
    Cool! I'll have to remember that if I ever get into modifications.

That cape looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is really all coming together. I think you found a good match for the blue of the cape

Thanks! I didn't buy that Kang series. I can probably find it on Marvel Unlimited since it's an older comic.
    That Kang series with Carlos Magno was very good.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

That is really all coming together. I think you found a good match for the blue of the cape

Thanks! I didn't buy that Kang series. I can probably find it on Marvel Unlimited since it's an older comic.
    FYI Doom appeared on one page in issue #3. The appearances in issue #1 were Doombots.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

FYI - the Dr Doom bust in the white armor pictured below

Dr Doom bust Secret Wars white 2022 variant1.jpg

Was set to release today when Amazon abruptly cancelled the order due to "item no longer in stock". At my LCBS they were unable to order directly from Diamond Select because pre-orders were closed. That doesn't necessarily mean it is sold out. Entertainment Earth had it still available for pre-order so I put my order in tonight.

A little disappointed with Amazon. Although I had not paid for it yet, I put that order in way back in June and was hopeful I would get it this month. Although it's not a must have because it's really just a repaint of the green one (which was supposed to be limited edition but is probably going to be re-released anyway).

However, there may be issues with getting it from China, due to lockdowns and other factors. Stay tuned and stay on top of your pre-orders if you've been waiting like I have. Release is now set back to sometime in January.

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    FYI - the Dr Doom bust in the white armor pictured below

Dr Doom bust Secret Wars white 2022 variant1.jpg

Was set to release today when Amazon abruptly cancelled the order due to "item no longer in stock". At my LCBS they were unable to order directly from Diamond Select because pre-orders were closed. That doesn't necessarily mean it is sold out. Entertainment Earth had it still available for pre-order so I put my order in tonight.

A little disappointed with Amazon. Although I had not paid for it yet, I put that order in way back in June and was hopeful I would get it this month. Although it's not a must have because it's really just a repaint of the green one (which was supposed to be limited edition but is probably going to be re-released anyway).

However, there may be issues with getting it from China, due to lockdowns and other factors. Stay tuned and stay on top of your pre-orders if you've been waiting like I have. Release is now set back to sometime in January.

ds
    I haven't seen any news on that Mezco Doom figure from earlier this year either. They keep putting off the release date on that one. Now the site says July - September 2023. My order was placed in April 30. I should have ordered it from Entertainment Earth instead of the Mezco site. I was tempted to cancel my order but it says you still pay the non refundable deposit of $38
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-10-2022 at 10:10 AM.

I haven't seen any news on that Mezco Doom figure from earlier this year either. They keep putting off the release date on that one. Now the site says July - September 2023. My order was placed in April 30. I should have ordered it from Entertainment Earth instead of the Mezco site. I was tempted to cancel my order but it says you still pay the non refundable deposit of $38
    Interesting. My order for that figure was through Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS). They still say release date is Feb, but I'd guess that Mezco was more up to date on that. I did have to put in a deposit, but it was only $15.

Like I posted before, China is having some problems lately. Sad that all of these terrific figures are sourced from one country. Collectors will just have to be patient. Or maybe some clever and talented entrepreneurs from the US can fill the spot.

BTW, speaking of China, you can buy on ebay and other outlets the once highly sought after Sideshow statues in pvc prints from sellers in China, where copyrights are difficult to enforce. These appear to be 3D prints, including the standing and throne models, plus some of the Bowen models as well, in varying scales. They likely won't come with cloth and leather bits like the originals do, nor will the seller offer a numbered edition box. So if collecting beware of counterfeits, unless that doesn't matter to you.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 12-10-2022 at 01:58 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Update on the latest clickbait news.....

Now that everyone knows that Doom did not appear in a Wakanda Forever end credits scene, they've moved on to 4chan rumors of Doom appearing in Thunderbolts in 2025. These do sound interesting but Doom's association with them in the comics was very brief

Crazy Thunderbolts Leak Points to a Major Marvel Villain.

Quote from the 4chan rumor that was copied over to Reddit.

"Doctor Doom is in Thunderbolts, and not in an insignificant way or a credit cameo. He’s in a movie in a featured role as the leader of Latveria, which is [where] the climax of the film will take place.

He’s not the villain of the film or even a villain at all. He’s presented more like T’Challa in Civil War than anything else. But the fallout from the climax of Thunderbolts (particularly the actions of Red Hulk) will lead to him being thrust into the MCU in a major way.
    "

It also mentions how Harrison Ford is allegedly playing to be Gen. Thunderbolt Ross, replacing the late William Hurt and he will become Red Hulk. I don't think one has been confirmed.

To celebrate his 60th anniversary, Paris based Semic Studios' releasing a pretty cool statue of Doctor Doom inspired by Jack Kirby’s artwork:

It’s a limited edition of only 399 pieces and it’s supposed to be an exclusive for Europe, but I’m pretty sure some retailers are gonna sell it in the US as well. They just opened pre orders, I unfortunately will have to pass: 300€ is a bit too much for me

Update on the latest clickbait news.....

Now that everyone knows that Doom did not appear in a Wakanda Forever end credits scene, they've moved on to 4chan rumors of Doom appearing in Thunderbolts in 2025. These do sound interesting but Doom's association with them in the comics was very brief

Crazy Thunderbolts Leak Points to a Major Marvel Villain.

Quote from the 4chan rumor that was copied over to Reddit.

"Doctor Doom is in Thunderbolts, and not in an insignificant way or a credit cameo. He’s in a movie in a featured role as the leader of Latveria, which is [where] the climax of the film will take place.

He’s not the villain of the film or even a villain at all. He’s presented more like T’Challa in Civil War than anything else. But the fallout from the climax of Thunderbolts (particularly the actions of Red Hulk) will lead to him being thrust into the MCU in a major way.
    "

It also mentions how Harrison Ford is allegedly playing to be Gen. Thunderbolt Ross, replacing the late William Hurt and he will become Red Hulk. I don't think one has been confirmed.
    I seem to remember Harrison Ford was indeed confirmed as General Ross. Anyway, whoever comes up with this rumors should really consider a career as a writer for Marvel: what’s rumored here most probably will never happen in the movie, but damn! it would make a great story! And it’d be a great way to introduce Doom, the perfect way to go. He shouldn't be a villain at all at first, just keep him neutral.
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 12-11-2022 at 07:41 AM.

I thought Harrison Ford was confirmed too but didn't find an official story. But I did check IMDB and he is listed. I was just surprised that he was doing a Marvel film because he's not had a very favorable opinion IIRC. But then he is always sarcastic in his interviews.

I will have to pass on that staute too. The price is not in my budget either.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-11-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    To celebrate his 60th anniversary, Paris based Semic Studios' releasing a pretty cool statue of Doctor Doom inspired by Jack Kirby’s artwork:

It’s a limited edition of only 399 pieces and it’s supposed to be an exclusive for Europe, but I’m pretty sure some retailers are gonna sell it in the US as well. They just opened pre orders, I unfortunately will have to pass: 300€ is a bit too much for me
    About $315 dollars US, plus international shipping which will be really expensive for a big piece like that. I like it but will also pass unless a US retailer picks it up.
    (I know, rare for me - but the pose and art isn't anything original or spectacular)
    ds
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 12-11-2022 at 08:24 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Love both of those statues!

Don't trust the clickbait.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

CBR just posted a preview of Mary Jane and Black Cat #1 and it looks like trouble I can't believe Black Cat would get away with this

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

CBR just posted a preview of Mary Jane and Black Cat #1 and it looks like trouble I can't believe Black Cat would get away with this

Why would she even want it, is what I want to know! Is she working for The Collector or something? Who could benefit from having Doom's mask?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Lol WTF I know it's not gonna happen but realistically Doom would have sent Felicia's soul directly to Mephisto for this.

Yeah he doesn't sound to happy about it. I just wonder how she got close enough to snatch it unless he had taken it off to relax.

It used to be that Doom could only release his mask with a special key on his finger. In the art it looks like he's not in full armor though. But even if he were out of armor where's his magic? This is bush league though, Doom has better security than that, particularly if he's there (security might be different if he were off-world perhaps). Also, if she's diving into a moat (must be diving into something liquid) she wouldn't be out of the castle grounds yet.

When Doom is weakened by mere humans it always makes me cringe. The cat would be singed and yowling by the time she got to the window. Heroes always have to look good so the unimaginative writer just makes the aim of the antagonist on a par with stormtroopers and we're supposed to be ok with that.
    "Because ... I am Doom