Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1227
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think that Doom must have many masks and since he is dressed casually it's probably not one he would use while in full armor. We'll have to wait to see where this goes. Doom is a unique character stories he's involved in can be either deadly serious or a bit tongue in cheek. There's not many villains that are used that way.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Jobbery. Sheer jobbery.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ah, the Mask of Doom! Brings back memories of this issue. And a few issues later, a reader speculated in the letters page it was as if Byrne sent his then-wife Andrea to go to the Baxter Building to photograph it, but it was actually rendered, if I recall correctly, by Marvel's technical illustrator Eliot R. Brown.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Speaking of masks ... this mask still has some finishing yet to do but the red eyes mod has worked great! The first attempt was a failure, but I'm glad I kept at it. This was the second hardest mod for my Doom 2099 custom figure.

2022-12-15 22.57.16.jpg

This was accomplished by using a red tinted resin poured into the eye holes. I didn't want to just paint it over because I wanted to be able to see the "eyes" underneath. The problem was that the indentations in the mask aren't flat, causing the resin to run out. So I had to build up a "dam" around the eyes which failed the first time but was a success on the second attempt. If I had to do it over again, I'd use the type of resin that rapidly hardens under UV light.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    CBR just posted a preview of Mary Jane and Black Cat #1 and it looks like trouble I can't believe Black Cat would get away with this

LOL! He may be the most villanous of the villains, but it's so easy to make fun of him! It's part of his greatness as a character. I love him!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Speaking of masks ... this mask still has some finishing yet to do but the red eyes mod has worked great! The first attempt was a failure, but I'm glad I kept at it. This was the second hardest mod for my Doom 2099 custom figure.

2022-12-15 22.57.16.jpg

This was accomplished by using a red tinted resin poured into the eye holes. I didn't want to just paint it over because I wanted to be able to see the "eyes" underneath. The problem was that the indentations in the mask aren't flat, causing the resin to run out. So I had to build up a "dam" around the eyes which failed the first time but was a success on the second attempt. If I had to do it over again, I'd use the type of resin that rapidly hardens under UV light.
    Oh, cool!

2022-12-15 22.57.16.jpg

Wow! It looks great!

So, did you have to scrape off the resin that ran from the first try?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I like how the red eye came out like lenses over the eyes.

The Marvel Solicitations have another Doom appearance for March 2023. This is only part of the releases and more will come out next week. I'm not familiar with this writer before so I will be curious how the characterizations are done

Thor #32

Torunn Grønbekk (W) • NIC KLEIN (A/C)
    INFINITY SAGA PHASE 3 VARIANT COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR
    VARIANT COVER BY Nick Bradshaw
    THOR VS. DOCTOR DOOM!
    It's THOR against DOOM in a battle of wits, morals and, of course…might! Doom's latest plot lies deep in Asgard's history. And nothing, not even time itself, will stop him from getting what he wants…except maybe for Thor, who must pursue him to protect reality itself!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-17-2022 at 08:51 AM.

Nice! Looks like 2023 is setting off on the right foot!

We have Doom involved in what's apparently two full story arcs and taking on two characters, Venom and Thor, he doesn't cross path with very often. Plus there is the (at least) one issue appearance in Black Cat which seems really fun. Good, good...

At least Mary Jane Black Cat #1 appearance will be coming out next week along with the Namor series which will deal with Doom in some way. I like that the Venom mini series will involve both characters. I'm not sure how long this arc with Doom will last in Thor.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-18-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Doom 2099 cape is done, ready for paint!

2022-12-18 16.21.45.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Looks great! I notice you have the figure attached to a stand. That will help the figure from being wobbly. Sometimes with the Hasbro figures they can be tricky to keep standing.

Doom 2099 cape is done, ready for paint!

2022-12-18 16.21.45.jpg
    Nice! Such a great job on the modifications.

Doctor Doom in the MCU

We've seen numerous casting rumors and fan picks on but this article has an interesting nomination that has cropped up this summer on Twitter. This Underdog Fan-Cast for Doctor Doom Deserves a Chance

I have not heard of Charlie Clapham since he appears in a British series and but he was also in Kick Ass 2. But who heard of Tom Hiddleston before he was cast as Loki except the British? What I find most interesting is that Clapham identifies as a British Romani. As the article says, he is a longshot but one never knows.

Mostly done, I think - custom Doom 2099 from a God Emperor Doom Hasbro figure.

2022-12-20 22.08.53.jpg

source:

2021 Hasbro God Emperor Doom white2.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

That is amazing! I love how you got the cloak to puff up on his shoulders like the pic. Pat yourself on the back for a gorgeous modification. Well done!