Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, having read the issue myself, that was a twist I wasn't quite expecting. Did enjoy the Gwens' interactions with each other and Spider-Zero, and considering InHyuk Lee's variant cover for this issue was a 2099 version of Spider-Gwen . . . I perhaps should have expected someone from 2099 to show up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Think at the end of this mini Gwen is accidentally create earth-65 to become "high" super?

I have never seen a comic with so many blonde women...

Fantastic Member

Read Gwenverse 2:

spoilers:

So they cut away from the ThorGwen vs SpiderGwen fight and revealed the two actually became friends. How? SpiderGwen convinced ThorGwen to play along by promising to take her to a place that would take pictures, which would better capture her godly rear (her words) than drawings and paintings.

Okay...I'll admit that's kinda dumb, but I do like the fact that the Gwens are actually interacting and playing off each other. ThorGwen is an overgrown, egotistical child while AmeriGwen is the part of Gwen that idolizes heroes and thus strives to live up to their example. This causes all three to have some fun interactions like SpiderGwen having to be ThorGwens babysitter.

Also, when they find the WolverGwen pinup SpiderGwen actually says that she'd probably react badly as well since she's 'part exhibitionist, part shy recluse'. I find this kinda hilarious since this is Gwen essentially admitting that, yeah, she probably wears spandex for more than just practicality. This is literally the only time I've seen a Spider comment on their costumes essentially hiding nothing at all.

The rest of the issue follows WolverGwen and AmeriGwen doing a brief fight then the four Gwens teaming up against Zombie Stegron and Roach Man 2099. And of course despite it being 4 on 1 and having a variant of Thor on their side, it's a hard fight. This time I don't blame the comic on that. Group fights when you have powerhouses like Thor or Hulk tend to make them weaker so Captain America doesn't look like a useless chumb.

Interestingly it seems like WolverGwen either has no healing factor or a far weaker one. When she gets stabbed by Roach Man in the stomach she's downed the rest of the fight and even after leaving she's clearly still in pain and holding her gut. Maybe ThorGwen is meant to be weaker as well? Not sure.

end of spoilers

Tl;dr, issue 2 has Gwen admit she's an exhibitionist:

No clue why she and AmeriGwen are blushing looking at their own ass, tho...
    Last edited by eratas123; 04-21-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Read Gwenverse 2:

spoilers:

So they cut away from the ThorGwen vs SpiderGwen fight and revealed the two actually became friends. How? SpiderGwen convinced ThorGwen to play along by promising to take her to a place that would take pictures, which would better capture her godly rear (her words) than drawings and paintings.

Okay...I'll admit that's kinda dumb, but I do like the fact that the Gwens are actually interacting and playing off each other. ThorGwen is an overgrown, egotistical child while AmeriGwen is the part of Gwen that idolizes heroes and thus strives to live up to their example. This causes all three to have some fun interactions like SpiderGwen having to be ThorGwens babysitter.

Also, when they find the WolverGwen pinup SpiderGwen actually says that she'd probably react badly as well since she's 'part exhibitionist, part shy recluse'. I find this kinda hilarious since this is Gwen essentially admitting that, yeah, she probably wears spandex for more than just practicality. This is literally the only time I've seen a Spider comment on their costumes essentially hiding nothing at all.

The rest of the issue follows WolverGwen and AmeriGwen doing a brief fight then the four Gwens teaming up against Zombie Stegron and Roach Man 2099. And of course despite it being 4 on 1 and having a variant of Thor on their side, it's a hard fight. This time I don't blame the comic on that. Group fights when you have powerhouses like Thor or Hulk tend to make them weaker so Captain America doesn't look like a useless chumb.

Interestingly it seems like WolverGwen either has no healing factor or a far weaker one. When she gets stabbed by Roach Man in the stomach she's downed the rest of the fight and even after leaving she's clearly still in pain and holding her gut. Maybe ThorGwen is meant to be weaker as well? Not sure.

end of spoilers

Tl;dr, issue 2 has Gwen admit she's an exhibitionist:

No clue why she and AmeriGwen are blushing looking at their own ass, tho...
    The appeal of self-cest? Kind of reminds me of Sailor Jupiter blushing at getting Sailor Mercury's butt shoved in her face....

This also reminds me of Marvel's Spider-Man where at the end of Spider-Island when Gwen transforms back to normal from being a Man-Spider that there's enough tears in the costume to indicate she doesn't wear underwear (I guess it could've just been ripped when she transformed into a giant Spider-Monster, but still) or when she admits she sleeps in her costume.

BANNED

[quote]SPIDER-GWEN: GWENVERSE #5 (OF 5)
    TIM SEELEY (W) • JODI NISHIJIMA (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Variant Covery by Nicoletta Baldari
    Design Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    Homage Variant Cover by GREG LAND
    FACE TO FACE WITH FINALE!
    • Gwen has one last stop and it's at the end of time to face the one who started it all, Finale!
    • But if Gwen defeats Finale will her time be fixed? Perhaps not as she remembers it…
    • And what's to happen to the other Gwens?!
    • Don't miss the epic final issue that will impact Gwen Stacy's entire timeline!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The appeal of self-cest? Kind of reminds me of Sailor Jupiter blushing at getting Sailor Mercury's butt shoved in her face....

This also reminds me of Marvel's Spider-Man where at the end of Spider-Island when Gwen transforms back to normal from being a Man-Spider that there's enough tears in the costume to indicate she doesn't wear underwear (I guess it could've just been ripped when she transformed into a giant Spider-Monster, but still) or when she admits she sleeps in her costume.
    To be fair I think 616 Peter also admits he goes commando. Suit's tight enough that you don't really need it. As for Gwen, since her suit is made of her venom spiders she's technically not wearing clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    To be fair I think 616 Peter also admits he goes commando. Suit's tight enough that you don't really need it. As for Gwen, since her suit is made of her venom spiders she's technically not wearing clothes.
    I think I remember the Spider-Women crossover where Gwen and Jessica end up in Earth-65 they change into civvies and you can see them both wearing underwear, but it's not always consistent in the realm of Superhero fashion .

I do kind of wonder what Gwen would look like if they ever took the Symbiote off since she uses it to change/put on clothes all the time.

I think I remember the Spider-Women crossover where Gwen and Jessica end up in Earth-65 they change into civvies and you can see them both wearing underwear, but it's not always consistent in the realm of Superhero fashion .

I do kind of wonder what Gwen would look like if they ever took the Symbiote off since she uses it to change/put on clothes all the time.
    Gwen was still using her 'thing rings' to power up during spider women right? She didn't get the symbiote she's using now until the end from evil Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Gwen was still using her 'thing rings' to power up during spider women right? She didn't get the symbiote she's using now until the end from evil Cindy.
    Didn't she lose her powers in Spider-Women? I may be forgetting.

Didn't she lose her powers in Spider-Women? I may be forgetting.
    The way I remember it, Gwen's powers were fading. She had a pair of bracelets that she could clap together in order to mimic her old abilities. The bracelets were losing effectiveness or something. Evil Cindy comes up with a synthetic symbiote. It works for Gwen because she still had radioactive blood from her Spider bite so the suit doesn't kill her. I think that's how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    The way I remember it, Gwen's powers were fading. She had a pair of bracelets that she could clap together in order to mimic her old abilities. The bracelets were losing effectiveness or something. Evil Cindy comes up with a synthetic symbiote. It works for Gwen because she still had radioactive blood from her Spider bite so the suit doesn't kill her. I think that's how it went.
    Cindy-65 injected Gwen with nanites or something that took away her powers. She ended up using Radioactive Spider Isotopes (like Jessica Drew's Earth-65 male variant Jesse Drew used) for a time to temporarily have powers. Elsa Brock (Eddie Brock's Earth-65 female variant) combined the RSI with the Lizard formula to basically create the Earth-65 Venom suit that Gwen eventually took for herself.

(There's some other stuff involving the Earth-65 versions of Harry Osborn and Wolverine and Earth-616 Peter Parker, but this was all about simplifying things.)

So yeah, technically Gwen doesn't even have Spider-Powers .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So yeah, technically Gwen doesn't even have Spider-Powers .
    Through her synthetic symbiote suit, she does, since Venom in her reality was created from mixing or combining radioactive isotopes derived from the "extraterrestrial spider parasites" that were reverse-engineered to create the "mutant spider" that bit and empowered Gwen in the first place with the Lizard mutagen, instead of merely emulating spider-powers through or after bonding with a Spider-Person. As for the plot, such as it is, looking forward to the Gwens confronting Nightbird (or Night-Gwen), and still enjoying their interactions with each other thus far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Through her synthetic symbiote suit, she does, since Venom in her reality was created from mixing or combining radioactive isotopes derived from the "extraterrestrial spider parasites" that were reverse-engineered to create the "mutant spider" that bit and empowered Gwen in the first place with the Lizard mutagen, instead of merely emulating spider-powers through or after bonding with a Spider-Person. As for the plot, such as it is, looking forward to the Gwens confronting Nightbird (or Night-Gwen), and still enjoying their interactions with each other thus far.
    Yeah, but take the Symbiote away and she's basically powerless again.