Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They weren't wrong about too many Symbiote characters.

Maybe this Hammer doesn't have the Worthiness enchantment on it (I mean, Thor-Gwen talks about her "beautiful face" so it seems like she has some level of pride one would expect of pre-humility Thor).
    But Earth-65 has literally just one, which is Gwen. If they count every dimension then I could argue there's too many of every character.

I mean pre-humility Thor was still worthy of the Hammer - it's only when his pride outshone everything else that he got dumped. iirc being humble wasn't a requirement, especially for a warrior culture like Asgard. Thor-Gwen seems to be active judging by how people worship her as a Warrior God.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    But Earth-65 has literally just one, which is Gwen. If they count every dimension then I could argue there's too many of every character.
    Well, that's assuming they're only on Earth-65...
    I mean pre-humility Thor was still worthy of the Hammer - it's only when his pride outshone everything else that he got dumped. iirc being humble wasn't a requirement, especially for a warrior culture like Asgard. Thor-Gwen seems to be active judging by how people worship her as a Warrior God.
    Well, the barometer for Worthiness can sometimes be a little arbitrary (Cough)Jason Aaron(Cough) but I was only speculating why this version of the hammer wouldn't have the enchantment. Maybe in this version it's keyed only to Gwen and her biology.

Also, as someone else pointed out, apparently Gwen is worthy of Mjolnir?

Either that's just a glitch cause technically Spider-Gwen and Thor-Gwen are the same person or somehow Gwen is worthy of the name Thor even though I'm pretty sure 616 Spidey isn't?
    Whosoever holds this hammer is granted the power of Gwen. I thought it was a gag.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Whosoever holds this hammer is granted the power of Gwen. I thought it was a gag.
    I don't think so. ThorGwen refers to 'her' half brother as Loki and namedrops the Aesir, meaning that she does get the power of Thor. She also says that she was just a normal farmgirl before picking up the hammer, meaning she isn't a biological Asgardian.

Well, that's assuming they're only on Earth-65...

Well, the barometer for Worthiness can sometimes be a little arbitrary (Cough)Jason Aaron(Cough) but I was only speculating why this version of the hammer wouldn't have the enchantment. Maybe in this version it's keyed only to Gwen and her biology.
    Having 65-MJ in Earth-616 would at least give Gwen her own character to bounce off of. And it'd be funny to see the two MJ's meet.

But again ThorGwen thought Spider-Gwen was Loki and didn't seem surprised she could pick up the hammer. Writching mistake, no worthiness requirement, or Gwen is jsut somehow worthy on her own merits.

Having 65-MJ in Earth-616 would at least give Gwen her own character to bounce off of. And it'd be funny to see the two MJ's meet.

But again ThorGwen thought Spider-Gwen was Loki and didn't seem surprised she could pick up the hammer. Writching mistake, no worthiness requirement, or Gwen is jsut somehow worthy on her own merits.
    If she's not surprised that someone the "dastardly" Loki might be posing as is wielding it, that definitely implies there isn't a strict worthiness requirement or it's much more broad.

Fantastic Member

Reminder that even Earth-65 Jackal thought 616 Jackal was fucking creepy:

I dunno why but I find this hilarious. Like 65-Jackal is a terrible fucking person but even he thinks obsessing over a woman half their age is just out there.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Reminder that even Earth-65 Jackal thought 616 Jackal was fucking creepy:

I dunno why but I find this hilarious. Like 65-Jackal is a terrible fucking person but even he thinks obsessing over a woman half their age is just out there.
    I believe TV Tropes calls that, "Even Evil Has Standards."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's a self contained mini, and not a tie-in to any sort of event comic. Also it's more time travel based then alternate reality. They've never left earth-65.
    Yeah, the name Gwenverse is a misnomer. The only one from an alternate universe apparently is Nightbird.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Apparently he traced his own artwork, and Gwen here was originally Harley Quinn. Which explains her pose and expression.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Gwen giving Peter the 'fuck me' eyes makes a lot more sense now :/

Rumor floating around that Sydney Sweeney from Euphoria may have been cast as Gwen Stacy for the Madam Webb movie.

Rumor floating around that Sydney Sweeney from Euphoria may have been cast as Gwen Stacy for the Madam Webb movie.
    I still can't believe they're actually doing a Madame Webb movie .

I don't comprehend half of the Sony-verse to even think what this would mean moving forward.

I still can't believe they're actually doing a Madame Webb movie .

I don't comprehend half of the Sony-verse to even think what this would mean moving forward.
    Still makes more sense than Kraven.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Still makes more sense than Kraven.
    No argument there .

Fantastic Member

Don’t forget Morbius. That’s coming out soon, too.