Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Well the issue follows that Gwen is having the same issue as she did before trying to juggle being a hero and her daily life and EM Jay feeling left out and in pain is what kind of caused her to be angry with Gwen and infected by carnage. So they still have issues to work out. And also since this book is about her meeting different version of herself as heroes can say it's also a mini about accepting who she is

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel's had a long troubled history with representing queer characters. I don't think it's coincidence that not a single major Spider is canon queer.
    There's Black Cat who's Bi but I guess she's not spider-powered (still very major player). 1610 Jessica was real high profile when Ultimate was around but I guess that's over. Venom 2: Let there be Carnage sort of played with tropes of romantic comedies between Eddie and Venom but that might have been more for jokes instead of genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    There's Black Cat who's Bi but I guess she's not spider-powered (still very major player). 1610 Jessica was real high profile when Ultimate was around but I guess that's over. Venom 2: Let there be Carnage sort of played with tropes of romantic comedies between Eddie and Venom but that might have been more for jokes instead of genuine.
    Did 1610 Jessica ever have her own title? Because if not, I don't think she falls under "major Spider."

She was pretty significant in the last few years of the Ultimate Universe and Ultimate Spider-Man. She was, like, Miles' first mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She was pretty significant in the last few years of the Ultimate Universe and Ultimate Spider-Man. She was, like, Miles' first mentor.
    If she didn't have a title of her own, then I won't classify her as a major Spider.

Did 1610 Jessica ever have her own title? Because if not, I don't think she falls under "major Spider."
    Fairly frequent appearances in Ultimate Spider-man when Miles took over and she was the leader of the All New Ultimates team where her romance with Shadow Kat was actually explored. Not her own title but still pretty significant. Also I kinda think we're starting to drift from Gwen appreciation.

If she didn't have a title of her own, then I won't classify her as a major Spider.
    That sounds kind of elitist to me.

Who are in "your opinion" the major spiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Fairly frequent appearances in Ultimate Spider-man when Miles took over and she was the leader of the All New Ultimates team where her romance with Shadow Kat was actually explored. Not her own title but still pretty significant. Also I kinda think we're starting to drift from Gwen appreciation.
    This is a low threshold. It also gets into the heart of this discussion. Marvel refuses to have one of their major Spider-Heroes be canon queer.

This is a low threshold. It also gets into the heart of this discussion. Marvel refuses to have one of their major Spider-Heroes be canon queer.
    If Gwen Stacy has taught me anything, it's that one day she'll be whatever people want her to be .

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Who are in "your opinion" the major spiders?
    Peter (as well as Ben and Kaine), Miles, Miguel, Gwen, Jessica, Mayday, Anya, Cindy. Characters who have had their own title.

You could also argue for Mattie Franklin and Julia Carpenter (as they had their own title at one point).

that sounds more subjective than actually true

I hope they don’t make her and mj a thing

There was a bi MJ before from a what if story. Nothing really new

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    There was a bi MJ before from a what if story. Nothing really new
    She was a lesbian Spider-MJ from Exiles. Ended up in a relationship with Exiles' member Sunfire (a super powered variant of longtime Wolverine love interest Mariko Yashida). But she's not what I would call a "major Spider" (and she was killed in Spider-Verse, which is not a great look).

I'm talking about a character who has had their own title.