Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they really think about it that hard any more than they think about writers depicting EmJay as a repressed b#tch who wants to get into Gwen's pants.
    Gwen x Em Jay would absolutely be a disaster (whether that would be fun or not is another discussion), but that's beside the point in the larger scheme of things. There are legitimate concerns with regards to representation that have been left unaddressed. That people are trying to cite as far from confirmed as Silk and 616 Jessica Drew only highlights these concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gwen x Em Jay would absolutely be a disaster (whether that would be fun or not is another discussion), but that's beside the point in the larger scheme of things. There are legitimate concerns with regards to representation that have been left unaddressed. That people are trying to cite as far from confirmed as Silk and 616 Jessica Drew only highlights these concerns.
    I think it being an absolute disaster is one of the many reasons why it's not going to happen.

I get it's important to have a prominent LGBTQ+ character in this franchise but I don't think it's all that relevant to Gwen at the moment.

Extraordinary Member

I think it being an absolute disaster is one of the many reasons why it's not going to happen.

I get it's important to have a prominent LGBTQ+ character in this franchise but I don't think it's all that relevant to Gwen at the moment.
    Co-signed

It would be messy af

I think we can criticize Marvel for how they've handled this. I think it's fair to criticize Marvel for how they've handled this.

Between Peter (and by extension Ben and Kaine), Miles, Miguel, Jessica, Cindy, Anya, Julia, Mattie, Gwen, Mayday, the RYV Parker family... Not one of them is a canon LGBTQ+ character. They need to be called out for this.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I think we can criticize Marvel for how they've handled this. I think it's fair to criticize Marvel for how they've handled this.

Between Peter (and by extension Ben and Kaine), Miles, Miguel, Jessica, Cindy, Anya, Julia, Mattie, Gwen, Mayday, the RYV Parker family... Not one of them is a canon LGBTQ+ character. They need to be called out for this.
    Then how would you like to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Then how would you like to do that?
    Marvel needs a canon LGBTQ+ Spider. Someone prominent. No excuses.

Yes you said that several times. "how" would you specially make them do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Yes you said that several times. "how" would you specially make them do that?
    I don't work for Marvel. They need to get their heads out of their asses and figure this out. Whether that's to make a new major Spider-Hero to be canon LGBTQ+ or to reveal one of the many Spiders who exist is LGBTQ+.

One thing I will say is that E65 MJ needs to stop being portrayed as an angry unlikable queer foil.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 03-09-2022 at 08:56 PM.

okay proving a point there with the observation skills

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this attitude only gets writers to make a new OC that gets heavily promoted only to sell 3 issues and get cancelled and ignored.

I think a well thought out arc w/ Miles coming out works best, but again you need a writer who can actually write about these things and not Bendis-esque stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I feel like this attitude only gets writers to make a new OC that gets heavily promoted only to sell 3 issues and get cancelled and ignored.

I think a well thought out arc w/ Miles coming out works best, but again you need a writer who can actually write about these things and not Bendis-esque stuff
    The new Jon Kent Superman title is doing really well.

Extraordinary Member

The new Jon Kent Superman title is doing really well.
    Yeah because it's Jon Kent w/ Tom Taylor and phenomenal art.And most people aren't a fan of the way the relationship is written, it's been under heavy critique online

ASM is also doing top of the chart sales rn.Doesn't mean most of the people like beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah because it's Jon Kent w/ Tom Taylor and phenomenal art.And most people aren't a fan of the way the relationship is written, it's been under heavy critique online

ASM is also doing top of the chart sales rn.Doesn't mean most of the people like beyond...
    So, for example, would a Gwen book from a top tier team where she and MJ worked through their differences and then entered into a relationship not sell? Or would it sell just because it's a Gwen book? Or would it make people excited because a Spider was depicted as LGBTQ+?

So 4 pages and nobody seems to point out the plot hole of how Gwen and MJ are even back in their universe when, at the end of Gwenom vs Carnage they got stuck in 616 when her necklace stopped working?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So 4 pages and nobody seems to point out the plot hole of how Gwen and MJ are even back in their universe when, at the end of Gwenom vs Carnage they got stuck in 616 when her necklace stopped working?
    A vast majority of the last run was completely ignored.

What happened to the Storm siblings? Guess they were taken care of off-panel.

Is the Jackal still trapped on E65? *Shrug*

What happened to the symbiote MJ had? Not mentioned at all.