Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Slott co-created Annie, and he has a financial interest in making sure she's seen as viable in movies, cartoons, video games, etc.
    A fair point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Slott co-created Annie, and he has a financial interest in making sure she's seen as viable in movies, cartoons, video games, etc.
    As long as we can be sure Annie wil survive at the end of this story, good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, though thanks to the latest Edge of Spider-Verse, I'm worried for her fate going forward.

Well, she basically was Harley Quinn if Harley became Batgirl at first and then got corrupted by the Joker.
    Yeah, she had the job that Harley had before she became a villain, a superhero identity and upbringing similar to Barbara Gordon, and then got attacked with Goblin gas, turning her insane. Nightbird is definitely a Harley/Batgirl composite.

I would hope Gwen's Venom symbiote will prevent her from sharing Annie's fate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she had the job that Harley had before she became a villain, a superhero identity and upbringing similar to Barbara Gordon, and then got attacked with Goblin gas, turning her insane. Nightbird is definitely a Harley/Batgirl composite.

(*Facepalm*) Hey! Good thinking!! I totally forgot about that. Maybe Gwen's symbiote might be the key to cure/save the infected spiders. And if there's one priority on that list to save, that's Annie.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    (*Facepalm*) Hey! Good thinking!! I totally forgot about that. Maybe Gwen's symbiote might be the key to cure/save the infected spiders. And if there's one priority on that list to save, that's Annie.
    Hopefully, yeah. Very good thinking there, by the way.

Sounds like Slott. Sorry Mayday .

Too bad they can't do a Disney+ show in the same style as CW's Superman & Lois, eh? You could have Peter and MJ raising two daughters (May and Annie), just like how S&L shows Clark and Lois raising two sons (in the comics, they only have one).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

EDGE OF THE SPIDER-VERSE #5 variant by Jay Anacleto

In before someone comments on it being a queer Spider cover .

Too bad they can't do a Disney+ show in the same style as CW's Superman & Lois, eh? You could have Peter and MJ raising two daughters (May and Annie), just like how S&L shows Clark and Lois raising two sons (in the comics, they only have one).
    Funny enough, even in RYV, if that world's Mayday hadn't been a stillbirth, she would have been Annie's older sister, but making them twins could be interesting.

Thanks for sharing. Should be a fun issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like Slott. Sorry Mayday .
    Slott turning Annie into a minion of Shathra makes me think he wants some excuse for the two of them to fight, that is if Mayday appears with her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Slott turning Annie into a minion of Shathra makes me think he wants some excuse for the two of them to fight, that is if Mayday appears with her father.
    Yeah, not sure how that'll go over...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, even in RYV, if that world's Mayday hadn't been a stillbirth, she would have been Annie's older sister, but making them twins could be interesting.
    I didn't mention them being twins, though that is indeed what Jon and Jordan Kent are.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Heroes fight each other all the time. Having one be transformed into a monster just makes the circumstances more understandable for the reader.