Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Gwenverse was a lively, but at times, confusing read

spoilers:
    Have they dealt with the Storm twins off-panel?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    616 Peter Gwen-65 interaction are peak Spider-gwen for me

But I agree
    I dunno if I'd quite call that peak, but it was nice when they were interacting well.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno if I'd quite call that peak, but it was nice when they were interacting well.
    People hoping for some type of shipping between the two kind of comes off as unhealthy since I don't think it's the best look for Peter to project his feelings of his dead girlfriend to her AU variant who's like 10 years her junior. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    People hoping for some type of shipping between the two kind of comes off as unhealthy since I don't think it's the best look for Peter to project his feelings of his dead girlfriend to her AU variant who's like 10 years her junior. lol
    It's because they still want to ship Andrew Garfield's Peter with Emma Stone's (Spider-)Gwen.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

and yet you had a thread to have Michelle Jones introduced in comics. The dream is dead time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    and yet you had a thread to have Michelle Jones introduced in comics. The dream is dead time to move on
    I didn't start that thread, and argued it would be a bad idea. But that's getting off-topic.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

True. i think this issue is interesting, but what's funny is I'm not sure if it's a jab at DC but now you have 2 characters from Heroes Reborn which are essentially a jab in a way to Batman and Robin now a spoilers:
    villain
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I was thinking more in terms of Peter actually being a mentor and support for her instead of just being a guy that exists around her and just so happens to resemble the dead kid in her origin.

Fun read, cute art. Nice to see Zero again. Kinda wondering what happened to the Storm sibs because it seems they aren't a problem anymore, but the Gwenom v. Carnage mini was (kind of) acknowledged? Maybe the resolution is happening in a prequel or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Maybe the resolution is happening in a prequel or something.
    Likely not, modern Marvel has a tendency to just sweep status quos under the rug without elaboration.

They've reset Gwen and Em Jay's relationship back to zero again. It really feels like Marvel is too scared to say their highly merchandisable character wants to kiss girls so we get Em Jay as a mean queer foil that won't get to so much as kiss the girl she wants to.

Cowardly move, Marvel. Cowardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They've reset Gwen and Em Jay's relationship back to zero again. It really feels like Marvel is too scared to say their highly merchandisable character wants to kiss girls so we get Em Jay as a mean queer foil that won't get to so much as kiss the girl she wants to.

Cowardly move, Marvel. Cowardly.
    I guess no more cowardly than they won't explicitly confirm why Gwen is so uninterested in romantic relationships.

I guess no more cowardly than they won't explicitly confirm why Gwen is so uninterested in romantic relationships.
    Marvel's had a long troubled history with representing queer characters. I don't think it's coincidence that not a single major Spider is canon queer.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it's a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel's had a long troubled history with representing queer characters. I don't think it's coincidence that not a single major Spider is canon queer.
    1610 Jessica is IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    1610 Jessica is IIRC
    Not a "major Spider." A variant of 616 Jessica Drew (and I guess technically Ben Reilly).

When's the last time 1610 Jessica even appeared in anything as a major character? (Or at all.)

(And 1610 Jessica never had her own title, right?)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 03-09-2022 at 11:13 AM.