Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    What are three characters from DC y'all would like to see Luke Cage crossover with? Any version of Luke Cage.

1 Black Lightning. I always thought they'd make a great team and would play off each other well. I like both their 70's run.

2. Lobo. He's a merc and I think he could have some interesting adventures with 70's Cage. The banter would be legendary lol.

3. Red Hood or Huntress. I'd love to see Cage meet one of them. Would love Huntress to hire him to help her take down members of the Gotham mob.
    Black Lighting would the the obvious N° 1 choice. I'd also go with:
    2- Bronze Tiger - Could Ben Turner actually hurt a man with steel hard skin. I'd sure like to find out.
    3 - Booster Gold - I'd love to see the how they'd cover the parallels and differences between these two.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Cage and a larger team of Heroes for Hire cross swords with the Power Company.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Black Lighting would the the obvious N° 1 choice. I'd also go with:
    2- Bronze Tiger - Could Ben Turner actually hurt a man with steel hard skin. I'd sure like to find out.
    3 - Booster Gold - I'd love to see the how they'd cover the parallels and differences between these two.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Cage and a larger team of Heroes for Hire cross swords with the Power Company.

Peace
    High five on Black Lightning!!

Bronze Tiger is just criminally underrated so I definitely would like to see a dynamic between Ben & Cage. Could be pretty fun!

Booster Gold and Cage would be a straight up party lol. Must see TV lol.

You know... what I'd love to see Power Man meets Power Girl lol.
    ^^^LOL, you reminded me of something w. that comment..:

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^LOL, you reminded me of something w. that comment..:
    What the...lol

I don't know if anyone read the new Jessica Jones series (the Variants) but guess who is only in one panel in issue 1? Luke Cage sound asleep in bed lol. Matt Murdock is far more in the comic than her own husband. I stand by my point that new Jessica Jones writers aren't particularly invested in their marriage and prefer to tell series focused on Jessica Jones being a hard nosed detective. Next issue Daredevil is kissing her on the cover. Variant or not, it just doesn't sit well with me. I think both characters are best separate at this point. The Jessica Jones Netflix series was 'somehow' more critically acclaimed than Cage's and she's developed fans and writers that just seem to care about her - and that's cool. Just saying.

What the...lol
    ^^^Its from an old all humor issue of the original WHAT IF book!

I’d forgotten about the Captain Marvel/Shazam gag when Luke first got his costume…

…and now I gotta ask, was it ever touched on who the escape artist was who sold the costume that Luke ended up wearing?

I actually LOVED this idea when it came out, even if it WAS a joke. One of the few things I liked in that issue (most was way too silly).

Peace

I’d forgotten about the Captain Marvel/Shazam gag when Luke first got his costume…

…and now I gotta ask, was it ever touched on who the escape artist was who sold the costume that Luke ended up wearing?
    I'd actually like a story like that but it seems most writers are embarrassed by classic Cage. I don't think I've seen a writer crap on the past more than writers do it with Cage lol.

I just want to see the animated version of him knocking the stuffing out of Doctor Doom in my lifetime
    The J-man

I'd actually like a story like that but it seems most writers are embarrassed by classic Cage. I don't think I've seen a writer crap on the past more than writers do it with Cage lol.
    ^^^I Miss the Gem Theater, D.W., Bertha…

…and the soda machine!

^^^I Miss the Gem Theater, D.W., Bertha…

…and the soda machine!
    I always loved the running gag with the soda machines lol. D.W. was my second favorite character in the series, then Claire and Burstein. There was damn near a showdown every night at that place. Good Ol days. I really think Luke will struggle outside of a group without his Hero-for-Hire gig. It brought so much adventure to the character. Also, I think it's cool Cage was a fan of western films. Is it just me or did comics back then just have these little details about characters that we don't get nowadays?
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 07-07-2022 at 04:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I just want to see the animated version of him knocking the stuffing out of Doctor Doom in my lifetime
    If that ever happens, I want to see Doom turn out to be a secret Power Man fanboy

I always loved the running gag with the soda machines lol. D.W. was my second favorite character in the series, then Claire and Burstein. There was damn near a showdown every night at that place. Good Ol days. I really think Luke will struggle outside of a group without his Hero-for-Hire gig. It brought so much adventure to the character. Also, I think it's cool Cage was a fan of western films. Is it just me or did comics back then just have these little details about characters that we don't get nowadays?
    ^^^One of my biggest complaints about modern comics is how few heroes seem to have secret identities anymore, and how that’s led to a lack of supporting characters and those little details you mentioned.
    And yet here was Luke fifty years ago; no secret identity and still managed to build a supporting cast, and have be shown having downtime between gigs.

^^^One of my biggest complaints about modern comics is how few heroes seem to have secret identities anymore, and how that’s led to a lack of supporting characters and those little details you mentioned.
    And yet here was Luke fifty years ago; no secret identity and still managed to build a supporting cast, and have be shown having downtime between gigs.
    I cannot tell how many times it infuriates me when I watch the MCU films and the heroes are always losing their masks. I found out years later that it had to do with the actors and their contacts but I still think that's horse crap lol. I love secret identities. I think Luke is special in this but I always wondered how Danny Rand was never figured out since in the beginning his identity was secret, I think, and he hung around a guy that didn't hide his face lol. But yeah man I miss those little intangibles that only readers of the series knew. Like I always thought it was cool Daredevil had a thing for jazz music. Cage liked western films. There was an issue in Ann Nocenti's Daredevil run where Matt says he was planning on spending Christmas with Danny and Luke. These dudes are just brothers.