Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, that sounds like something I would like to read.

I never remember Luke mentioning his father.
    Mostly, his family dynamic is touched upon in the 90's. Not much else save for Mighty Avengers. If Cage is high on your list as a favorite it's collected in tpb called Second Chances.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Luke's Power Man swagger:

There's a reason why Cage replaced Cottonmouth's Bigge Smalls photo with Ali in the Netflix series lol.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Who do y'all think are the top three Cage villains - or your favorite top three?

1 Chemistro
    2 Diamondback
    3 Gideon Mace
    I feel like the biggest issue with Luke Cage foes is that they kept killing off any of the potential good villains while keeping alive the lame ones. They brought back Stryker at least.

1. Diamonback (Willis Stryker) - The reason Carl Lucas went to jail and you can't beat the classic best friend turned archenemy beef.
    2. The Bushmaster family (John and Cruz). Caribbean Mob bosses who had the intellect, resources and power to match Cage. Father and son had the potentially to be major foes for Cage if they quickly killed off.
    3. Chemistro. Powerful yet really small time in ambitions.

Honourable mention for Nightshade who is now reformed. Not too many super genius black women villains. Hardcore was a pretty cool assassin/enforcer and was killed off too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like the biggest issue with Luke Cage foes is that they kept killing off any of the potential good villains while keeping alive the lame ones. They brought back Stryker at least.

1. Diamonback (Willis Stryker) - The reason Carl Lucas went to jail and you can't beat the classic best friend turned archenemy beef.
    2. The Bushmaster family (John and Cruz). Caribbean Mob bosses who had the intellect, resources and power to match Cage. Father and son had the potentially to be major foes for Cage if they quickly killed off.
    3. Chemistro. Powerful yet really small time in ambitions.

Honourable mention for Nightshade who is now reformed. Not too many super genius black women villains. Hardcore was a pretty cool assassin/enforcer and was killed off too quickly.
    First of all, love your avatar. I agree with all other points. I'd like to see Hardcore return and I'd like to see Nightshade be villainess again. Hope to see you around commenting here some more!

BANNED

I can’t believe I forgot about Hardcore -_-

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I can’t believe I forgot about Hardcore -_-
    Hardcore is pretty dope. I always wondered why Luke never hooked with Dakota North in the 90's series. I am reading over and it's pretty cool so far.

I love seein' all these old-time Luke Cage Power Man scenes!
    It is great.

Peace

Aside from Jessica Jones who do y'all think make an interesting love interest for Cage? I always thought the idea of Luke and Colleen Wing could be interesting.

Aside from Jessica Jones who do y'all think make an interesting love interest for Cage? I always thought the idea of Luke and Colleen Wing could be interesting.
    I read some OG Defenders books with Luke in it and I think it would have been fun to see Luke date Valkyrie! Even if it did not last long, just going out on a few dates. Val had respect for him and called him "Mr Cage" more than once, perhaps funnin with him. I think Luke would appreciate a strong woman who could protect herself --and him too, if need be. They could both learn a lot from each other.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I read some OG Defenders books with Luke in it and I think it would have been fun to see Luke date Valkyrie! Even if it did not last long, just going out on a few dates. Val had respect for him and called him "Mr Cage" more than once, perhaps funnin with him. I think Luke would appreciate a strong woman who could protect herself --and him too, if need be. They could both learn a lot from each other.
    See, that's why I'm glad I asked this! I never knew that! It's a pairing I'd never had thought of!

See, that's why I'm glad I asked this! I never knew that! It's a pairing I'd never had thought of!
    Glad I could provide a new/different perspective!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Glad I could provide a new/different perspective!
    You certainly did! Now I've gotta go look at some of those Defender comics!

You certainly did! Now I've gotta go look at some of those Defender comics!
    I have enjoyed our conversation!

Yes, look at those Defenders comics--they were great in so many ways. 1-50 had some of the best stories, artwork, coloring and guest stars (including Luke more than once!)

Yes, look at those Defenders comics--they were great in so many ways. 1-50 had some of the best stories, artwork, coloring and guest stars (including Luke more than once!)
    Agreed. The first 50 issues of the Defenders are truely awsome. After that, is drops the ball a bit, but, IMHO, it becomes good again after #90, when J.M. DeMatties becomes the writer. No more Luke Cage, though.

Peace

PS: By the way, #90 - 152, the final issue of the series, already have come out in the Epic Collection, and the start of the series will come out in November. No Cage yet, though.

I always felt Defenders were underated! I knew Luke made a few appearances and I'd definitely like to read them so if you can help a brotha out with a reading order it'd be appreciated!! Lol