Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The thing is what do you do with the kid more than the wife?

Where is that babysitter that Franklin in FF seemed to have that Danielle could get?

Because she is not going anywhere. We have seen too many futures with her as almost everyone except Hulk and Iron in other books.

I guess that is where Dad, brother and Troop could come in.
    Those are some reasons I don't like his marriage. I have no idea. During Bendis' reign writers were forced to use him because he was shoving him front and center in just about everything he touched. It made it hard to avoid using him. Not many people share Bendis' fetish for Cage or Jessica Jones. I'm not really sure what to do with him tbh.

I hear what all you guys are saying, however I want to see Luke in a different lane. Can we have him on a book that's a team book, but let Luke take on the role of leader of a team. Remembering his run on Thunderbolts, Luke seemed to be more fleshed out and purpose driven. We saw that he had all the elements pulled out of him that make up a great tactical leader.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I hear what all you guys are saying, however I want to see Luke in a different lane. Can we have him on a book that's a team book, but let Luke take on the role of leader of a team. Remembering his run on Thunderbolts, Luke seemed to be more fleshed out and purpose driven. We saw that he had all the elements pulled out of him that make up a great tactical leader.
    Yeah you would probably need that to be a OGN versus an ongoing or mini. At least then you can get a complete story.

But what type of team and how big of a team are we talking?

Are we talking like him pulling a New Warriors and recruiting his own team and somehow funding it?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah you would probably need that to be a OGN versus an ongoing or mini. At least then you can get a complete story.

But what type of team and how big of a team are we talking?

Are we talking like him pulling a New Warriors and recruiting his own team and somehow funding it?
    If we stay with his current narrative as mayor, I could easily see him starting a local government sanctioned team that he now has the ability to with his former and current profile. Honestly it would make sense for him to recruit criminals who plagued the city get reformed and become deputies to help keep law and order. Nothing too complex. Let him pick about 7 people. Maybe criminals and few heroes mixed in.

I wouldn't mind another Heroes for Hire series with a unique gimmick
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Those are some reasons I don't like his marriage. I have no idea. During Bendis' reign writers were forced to use him because he was shoving him front and center in just about everything he touched. It made it hard to avoid using him. Not many people share Bendis' fetish for Cage or Jessica Jones. I'm not really sure what to do with him tbh.
    I think Cage would make a very interesting widowed father. I mean, have we seen something like this in comics? Plus, Cage (Power Man. I always thought he should never have given up the name), has a thing about duty and responsability. Imagine the personal conflicts he would face between his responsability to Danielle and his duty as a hero, which would also be his means to support her, bringing back the hero for hire. I think it could be very intresting. Jessica Jones always was supposed to be a stand in for Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), and, generally, I find the original product much more likable and interesting.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think Cage would make a very interesting widowed father. I mean, have we seen something like this in comics? Plus, Cage (Power Man. I always thought he should never have given up the name), has a thing about duty and responsability. Imagine the personal conflicts he would face between his responsability to Danielle and his duty as a hero, which would also be his means to support her, bringing back the hero for hire. I think it could be very intresting. Jessica Jones always was supposed to be a stand in for Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), and, generally, I find the original product much more likable and interesting.

Peace
    I cannot say how many I've dreaded the fact he never married Jessica Drew. I would've loved that so much more. Totally agree on the name Power Man. I loved the issue where he fought him in the Gem Theater for the name. There's just so much more that could be done with his character. I still would like him to get some kind of costume. He's a bit too basic aesthetically. Say what you want about the 70's look but people either love it or hate it but they're talking about it. I would dig the single father thing but no way in hell I see Marvel killing Jessica Jones. She's the boss of their relationship post Bendis.

Ultimate Member

Peace
    Jessica Jones is NOT dying no time sooner.

Best you can hope for is divorce.

I would buy a Luke Cage as Mayor and single father book in a minute.

I cannot say how many I've dreaded the fact he never married Jessica Drew. I would've loved that so much more. Totally agree on the name Power Man. I loved the issue where he fought him in the Gem Theater for the name. There's just so much more that could be done with his character. I still would like him to get some kind of costume. He's a bit too basic aesthetically. Say what you want about the 70's look but people either love it or hate it but they're talking about it. I would dig the single father thing but no way in hell I see Marvel killing Jessica Jones. She's the boss of their relationship post Bendis.
    I think if Shooter was not axed we would have saw more before 1993 Cage series. Since the last issue of PM & IF was left on a cliffhanger of sorts. I think Priest said something was planned than Shooter got axed and he thought about leaving comics as a whole.

I know he got Action Comics gig and killed off John Stewart's wife nd Hama got him a run on Conan (with his first issue cover by some guy named Jim Lee).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think Cage would make a very interesting widowed father.
    I would totally be fine with this. Make it happen, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I would totally be fine with this. Make it happen, Marvel.
    My dislike for the marriage is well documented here so I second it lol.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    My dislike for the marriage is well documented here so I second it lol.
    It's not that I'm against the marriage, I just love it when heroes have a deep, irremediable scar. Nothing delivers that quite like losing a spouse or child. What if Luke became a Uvalde parent, or one of any number of similar tragedies? I can only imagine how that would affect someone like Luke. It would be interesting to see how writers incorporate that tragedy into Luke's characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's not that I'm against the marriage, I just love it when heroes have a deep, irremediable scar. Nothing delivers that quite like losing a spouse or child. What if Luke became a Uvalde parent, or one of any number of similar tragedies? I can only imagine how that would affect someone like Luke. It would be interesting to see how writers incorporate that tragedy into Luke's characterization.
    I wasn't against it initially either...until I realized post Bendis no writer seemed to give a damn about them as a family. In Jessica's solos Luke isn't treated as a equal and neither is Jessica in Luke's. Hell, in the David Walker series she was barely in the 18 issues he wrote. To me it worked better before the Jessica Jones series blew up Jessica's character. Now she's got fans that are invested in her and not her marriage. I remember reading a series where Jessica goes off to battle Purple Man( if I'm not mistaken) and Luke just leaves with the baby and allows her to handle the situation on her own. I can't imagine how it's in his character to do something like that given his stubbornness and alpha persona, but the writer needed a reason to exclude her strong husband and keep the focus on Jess. I just feel like Jessica's kinda outgrown the wife role and I don't think the marriage has had a great effect on their characters long-term. Most people found them more interesting pre marriage.

I'm not sure about him losing a child. Plenty of heroes are marked with terrible tragedies that it's almost refreshing to have one that isn't. That's not to say a story of that magnitude couldn't be done well in the right hands.

BANNED

Luke’s tragedy comes from being framed. Even though he’s now exonerated, I’m sure that continues to impact him emotionally

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Luke’s tragedy comes from being framed. Even though he’s now exonerated, I’m sure that continues to impact him emotionally
    Losing his fiancee as well and betrayed by his best friend.

Invincible Member

Peace
    Over at DC Speedy ( Green Arrow's former sidekick) was a single father of a bi-racial daughter ( white and asian). However, in a clear "shock value" move they had a bad guy kill the child and chop Speedy's arm off. Since the "New52" the daughter has been ret-conned out.