Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought there was a story somewhere that stated that Luke's prison experimentation was an extension/relation to Weapon X and SSS?
    I remember that was his origin in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes, it was. I can't remember where I read it but it was mentioned. I'll try to see if I can find it.
    I wanna say it was likely explored in the 90's series under Marc McLaurin

I want to see a high profile solid artist do a Luke series.

I'd like to see John Romita Jr.'s take on him, visually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see a high profile solid artist do a Luke series.

I'd like to see John Romita Jr.'s take on him, visually.
    I'd like Reginald Hudlin and Mike Deodato.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought there was a story somewhere that stated that Luke's prison experimentation was an extension/relation to Weapon X and SSS?
    I want to say I read something like that a couple of years ago but I barely remember it. They somehow tied obscure villain Warhawk into it.

Number 6

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

do you all think Luke will become mayor?
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

My biggest problem with modern Luke Cage especially in comparison to classic 70s version is his look. I know a yellow puffy sleeved shirt and tiara isn't going to cut it for today's audience, but surely they can come up with something better than wife beater and jeans?!

He had a pretty good uniform in Thunderbolts ten years ago, but I don't think it was ever seen outside of that series. I think Marvel Legends actually included it in a box set. I'd bring that back.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    My biggest problem with modern Luke Cage especially in comparison to classic 70s version is his look. I know a yellow puffy sleeved shirt and tiara isn't going to cut it for today's audience, but surely they can come up with something better than wife beater and jeans?!

He had a pretty good uniform in Thunderbolts ten years ago, but I don't think it was ever seen outside of that series. I think Marvel Legends actually included it in a box set. I'd bring that back.
    heh. we'll have to see. A lot of folks' interpret Luke's general status as a "working class hero" as more befitting a "regular clothes" outfit and loathe the idea of the original outfit. The Thunderbolts outfit was good.
    I remember the David Walker series had Luke in business suits and a tie, which was an interesting change.

I was surprised that so many loved the yellow poofy shirt and silver tiara and bracelets look! I personally loved that look on Luke but did not know so many others did too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Well, i think you had to be around for it back in the day. It stood out and was very much in tune with 70s super hero fashion. Actually, I still think something is needed today -- but a little more low key.

I can see people not liking him in a super hero suit, but the Thunderbolts update was fairly low key. But in a comic book medium, the visual aspect of a hero is still important. You can get away with a pedestrian look on a TV show, but I think he needs something recognizable in the books.

Well, i think you had to be around for it back in the day. It stood out and was very much in tune with 70s super hero fashion. Actually, I still think something is needed today -- but a little more low key.

I can see people not liking him in a super hero suit, but the Thunderbolts update was fairly low key. But in a comic book medium, the visual aspect of a hero is still important. You can get away with a pedestrian look on a TV show, but I think he needs something recognizable in the books.
    what sort of logo should he have? Should it incorporate a chain? A fist? Neither?

Astonishing Member

I loved the chain, but I can see why it's been left in the past. But some type of metal in his uniform would be cool. A better question is what would the title even be -- Cage or Luke Cage? I miss 'Power Man'.

I loved the chain, but I can see why it's been left in the past. But some type of metal in his uniform would be cool. A better question is what would the title even be -- Cage or Luke Cage? I miss 'Power Man'.
    I miss it all! The metal, the outfit, and the name. Luke is even more powerful now than before and is really a Power Man. I wish they would do some type of new variant on his classic look.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

.... going back to the 70s, I suppose there was a risk that DC would sue, but it would have been interesting to have added the tag of "The Black Man of Steel" for the covers..