Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I loved the chain, but I can see why it's been left in the past. But some type of metal in his uniform would be cool. A better question is what would the title even be -- Cage or Luke Cage? I miss 'Power Man'.
    I think Luke using the chain as a weapon is badass. I agree with the rest of y'all. He needs a costume and I still think 70's Cage is the best version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... going back to the 70s, I suppose there was a risk that DC would sue, but it would have been interesting to have added the tag of "The Black Man of Steel" for the covers..
    They need to just let him keep Power Man. He had a whole issue about battling the OG Power Man over the name. It was epic.
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 02-25-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I think Luke using the chain as a weapon is badass. I agree with the rest of y'all. He needs a costume and I still think 70's Cage is the best version of the character.
    ^^^i don’t mind the civilian clothes. It gives artists something to play w. and adds variety, plus they can call back to his classic costume w. the colors.

Speaking of callbacks and colors this is prob. my favorite look aside from the original. The color scheme was different but the callbacks to his past was def. there. It helped that Pasqual Ferry can draw the hell of just about anything he’s assigned.

That said I’ve neeeeeever had a problem w. Luke’s OG costume. It was distinctive, it was street level, and it was funky dammit.

One thing i always loved as a kid was this early issue though. It had Cage busting out a tank top, as the silk shirts he usually wore were on order and he’d shredded his last one. Again, very distinct/street level.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^i don’t mind the civilian clothes. It gives artists something to play w. and adds variety, plus they can call back to his classic costume w. the colors.

Speaking of callbacks and colors this is prob. my favorite look aside from the original. The color scheme was different but the callbacks to his past was def. there. It helped that Pasqual Ferry can draw the hell of just about anything he’s assigned.

That said I’ve neeeeeever had a problem w. Luke’s OG costume. It was distinctive, it was street level, and it was funky dammit.

One thing i always loved as a kid was this early issue though. It had Cage busting out a tank top, as the silk shirts he usually wore were on order and he’d shredded his last one. Again, very distinct/street level.
    Steve Englehart is my favorite Luke Cage writer. I read the Epic collection last year and couldn't put it down. I just don't like the plain look considering how stylish and awesome he used to be. Though I was feeling the hoodie with bullet holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I think Luke needs a costume as well as the Power Man name! I like these 3 costumes very much for him.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm not sure if I really think Luke becoming Mayor is a good idea...

for what reasons, in particular?

....The police department? Can't he be progressive on that front?

I wonder if it'll stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    for what reasons, in particular?

....The police department? Can't he be progressive on that front?
    I guess with a good writer it could be interesting but how would he legally punch villains in the face? He has no secret identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it'll stick.
    I doubt it but it could be an interesting turn of events. He'll need his own series to explore the change.

Incredible Member

I guess with a good writer it could be interesting but how would he legally punch villains in the face? He has no secret identity?
    Perhaps he'll just adopt a more "hands-on" approach to running the city. Walking the talk and all that.

I for one will take more (well written) focus on Cage any day and him being Mayor increases that possibility.

so when is Luke supposed to be elected, lol? is this happening in the Devil's Reign mini series?

would the police union rebel against him like what happened with David Dinkins? hmm...
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000525460316

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think Luke needs a costume as well as the Power Man name! I like these 3 costumes very much for him.
    Not really feeling any of these costumes, but I do agree you on the need for him to have one. I can't help feeling that when I see Luke Cage with other heroes, he reminds me of a swim team going to a meet where they all have regulation trunks. Then you see a brotha stroll pass his team wearing jean shorts and a wife beater, to dive in first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Perhaps he'll just adopt a more "hands-on" approach to running the city. Walking the talk and all that.

I for one will take more (well written) focus on Cage any day and him being Mayor increases that possibility.
    Well we'll see what happens at the end of Devil's Reign. I think he'll need a solo series and a good writer to do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Not really feeling any of these costumes, but I do agree you on the need for him to have one. I can't help feeling that when I see Luke Cage with other heroes, he reminds me of a swim team going to a meet where they all have regulation trunks. Then you see a brotha stroll pass his team wearing jean shorts and a wife beater, to dive in first.
    LOL!!!!!!The brotha needs a costume. See what you will about the 70's outfit but he stood out and had color. I miss the chain. Chain was dope.