Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Don't all super strong characters get random boosts in strength? I don't think it's a big deal
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Don't all super strong characters get random boosts in strength? I don't think it's a big deal
    It's not. Just fun for a discussion.

I just found one bright spot to Cage being Mayor.

It provides a way to end the marriage. The job can put a stain on his marriage resulting in the end of the marriage. Cage fans are for ending the marriage. Jones fans are for ending the marriage. EVERYONE WINS!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-27-2022 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Forgot about the kid....wait no I didn't. I just don't care
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    It's not. Just fun for a discussion.
    Exactatiously!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

It provides a way to end the marriage. The job can put a stain on his marriage resulting in the end of the marriage. Cage fans are for ending the marriage. Jones fans are for ending the marriage. EVERYONE WINS!
    I like both Luke and Jessica just not as a married couple...but seeing as how Jessica randomly brought an offspring of Killgrave home that's likely to act as their son I doubt they'll be getting a divorce anytime soon unless Marvel reboots itself. Again, it's clear to me that Jessica Jones writers have very little interest in Luke Cage. Just let them part.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactatiously!
    Exactly! You know what...I always kinda thought Hawkeye would be a cool member of Heroes-for-Hire.

Exactly! You know what...I always kinda thought Hawkeye would be a cool member of Heroes-for-Hire.
    Yeah and he also did a short stint with the early Defenders! If you pick up the New book coming out end of year, it will have Hawkeye in it, as well as the Avengers-Defenders War!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I like both Luke and Jessica just not as a married couple...but seeing as how Jessica randomly brought an offspring of Killgrave home that's likely to act as their son I doubt they'll be getting a divorce anytime soon unless Marvel reboots itself. Again, it's clear to me that Jessica Jones writers have very little interest in Luke Cage. Just let them part.
    But they won't let them part. It's strange. The marriage lessens both characters.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Yeah and he also did a short stint with the early Defenders! If you pick up the New book coming out end of year, it will have Hawkeye in it, as well as the Avengers-Defenders War!
    What new book??? I know about Thunderbolts coming out next week but what else?

But they won't let them part. It's strange. The marriage lessens both characters.
    I think it's weird as hell. Gail Simone has a variant of Jessica Jones making out with Daredevil, she added an unnecessary romantic backstory of Tigra and Jessica Jones and even had Tigra kiss her while she was married to Luke Cage. Every Jessica Jones solo seems to fund reason to make Cage useless. Jessica Jones' popularity has increased because of the Netflix show so in my opinion it's best to let her to continue to grow on her own. I'm tired of seeing Cage treated ooc since writers can't find good reasons to exclude him from Jessica's solo adventures. Just let them part like Peter and MJ. Marvel as a whole doesn't seem to care about marriage - and if you read Alias it's clear that Luke didn't love her let alone care to marry her. He only did it because she got pregnant. Their relationship seemed purely promiscuous. I even read the Pulse to see where I could find them getting close and I really don't. I don't feel like their relationship was developed properly before a marriage. No real aside depth aside from that one issue backstory. Just my two cents. Again, I enjoy both characters just not as a married couple.

What new book??? I know about Thunderbolts coming out next week but what else?
    Sorry, I meant the new release of the Defenders series, Defenders Epic collection. It starts at the beginning.

Sorry, I meant the new release of the Defenders series, Defenders Epic collection. It starts at the beginning.
    Well if Clint Barton is in it I'll have to check it out. I loved his character - particularly when Jim McCann is writing him. He was on the New Avengers with Cage as Ronin and that was cool.

I think it's weird as hell. Gail Simone has a variant of Jessica Jones making out with Daredevil, she added an unnecessary romantic backstory of Tigra and Jessica Jones and even had Tigra kiss her while she was married to Luke Cage. Every Jessica Jones solo seems to fund reason to make Cage useless. Jessica Jones' popularity has increased because of the Netflix show so in my opinion it's best to let her to continue to grow on her own. I'm tired of seeing Cage treated ooc since writers can't find good reasons to exclude him from Jessica's solo adventures. Just let them part like Peter and MJ. Marvel as a whole doesn't seem to care about marriage - and if you read Alias it's clear that Luke didn't love her let alone care to marry her. He only did it because she got pregnant. Their relationship seemed purely promiscuous. I even read the Pulse to see where I could find them getting close and I really don't. I don't feel like their relationship was developed properly before a marriage. No real aside depth aside from that one issue backstory. Just my two cents. Again, I enjoy both characters just not as a married couple.
    ............. Tigra is into girls now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ............. Tigra is into girls now?
    Who isn't in comics theses days? She shoved her tongue down Jessica's throat. It's ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't want to break up one of the few happy marriages in the Marvel Universe outside the Fantastic Four.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?